What's new

The Narrow-Minded Indian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomato B

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
I met an IITian today in the library and struck a conversation with him.Talking of general things he asked me where I had done my schooling and college from. I have done my graduation from Lady Brabourne College, which is one of the top 5 colleges in Kolkata. The inception of this knowledge lay in the British era and it was formed exclusively for the education of Muslim girls. It is one of the very few colleges that have a separate department for Urdu and Persian.This IITian fellow had a notion that many Christian students study in this college and when I corrected him saying that there are more Muslim girls, he spontaneously said - "How pathetic?"
He asked how I could study with Muslim girls, and I couldn't believe my ears as he asked me that.
"Why do you say that?", I asked him and he asked if I have forgotten 26/11.
"You blame the whole community for 26/11?"
"No, I know they are not all to be blamed but then they are an unbearable lot ,even in IIT we can't tolerate them", he said.
May be he has not forgotten the horrific day and feels strongly about it but he has hardly understood 26/11.
I hate to be rude with people but this time I was itching to be and didn't hold myself back as the words spat out of my mouth - "You don't call yourself a modern civilized man, do you?"

Ironically this guy did his schooling from St. Xaviers and then graduated from IIT and now is a research scholar there. As I shared this instance with my sister she said that there is no relation between being an IITian and being an Indian. She is right when she says that. But it is sad nonetheless. One might hold a dozen degrees against his bosom and yet continue to survive with a closed mind and heart. Phew such a suffocating way to live! The truth is that education is mostly found to be far from the holistic growth of an individual and caters to the ambitions of the students in measured spoons.

Its almost an year now since 26/11 happened and we have several debates and discussions taking place nation wide on the security issue and how much the system has changed. But read between the lines and one will find that the mindset of the people, which is at the root of all things, has remained the same if not worsened.

For me I have learnt a lesson, a significant one too. Next time when I will hear a Varun Gandhi make a hate speech, I will not be surprised and think of him as some kind of an alien. I would know that he is one amongst many.The illusion for me has shattered and I am glad that it has. But I am optimistic as never before and feel the urge to pray and wish with greater sincerity for the opening of the closed minds and hearts of the people. I say this with a firm belief that there will be voices in galore to join me in my prayer.

POSTED BY GRACE A YEAR AFTER 26/11

its truth that these kind of incidents tarnish the image of muslims.
You can see on airports,schools,univ of any country..why singled out indian?? ;)

Is it hidden from u?Every body knows abt this issue

Its almost an year now since 26/11 happened and we have several debates and discussions taking place nation wide on the security issue and how much the system has changed.

The aim of this thread is ...?

Where has this been pulled out from ?

its truth that these kind of incidents tarnish the image of muslims.
You can see on airports,schools,univ of any country..why singled out indian?? ;)

Is it hidden from u?Every body knows abt this issue

The Australians seem to think otherwise. :whistle:

Razpak.........spark is trolling......sort him out. ;)

:lol: Chinos/Pakistani search engines at work and he made it sound like he met the guy himself.. Pathetic attempt at trolling on unsubstantiated stupid blogs.

Its hard work.. takes much time/energy of life....appreciate it...:angry:

Tomato B will give a hard competition to hafizz and sino in Trolling and posting hate threads :)
Kid u still have more work to do :)

Who is he? The way you are calling him is rather insulting..
You dont know Razpak...:hitwall:......he is one of those posters whom i follow just to learn what i shouldn't become :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom