What's new

The other side of India

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximus

BANNED
Reaction score
This thread will be dedicated to get familiar with the other not so pleasant and mostly hidden side of India. Please share your precious pics and articles relating to India in this thread. Let's not flame and remain civil. The purpose is to expose the other hidden and nasty side of India. Apart from that, the thread is meant to expose the nasty superstitions and backward rituals. Enough talking! Time for some pics.

6ac0369ecb7ae5e26b89d875d1899b70.jpg

2eb80bac44a673ab9766464c9e95afea.jpg

fcc046fa7f64f1a98d03d0a85c29ff64.jpg

Holy Hindu Sadhu

c653a2835e606162401dba99b20d70dd.jpg

Last edited:
The article has already been discussed elsewhere Max and the thread was closed for obvious reasons, it turned into another pis$ing off thread.

"Do not do to others what would anger you if done to you by others." -Isocrates -

these are normal pics...do you have any of them gory pics?

The article has already been discussed elsewhere Max and the thread was closed for obvious reasons, it turned into another pis off thread.

"Do not do to others what would anger you if done to you by others." -Isocrates -

Don't worry bro. That's exactly why I've clearly stated the purpose of this thread in the beginning. Any racist or flame remarks will not be tolerated. This thread is meant to expose the inequality in India. I'm just pleading for the needy. Many Indians on this forum always preach that all is well in India. I'm just trying to convince them that their views are incorrect. I hope you understand my noble intentions.

Last edited:
Don't worry bro. That's exactly why I've clearly stated the purpose of this thread in the beginning. Any racist or flame remarks will not be tolerated. This thread is meant to expose the inequality in India. I'm just pleading for the needy. many Indians on this forum always preach that all is well in India. I'm just trying to convince them that their views are incorrect. I hope you understand my noble intentions.

I don't doubt your noble intentions but I'm sure there are better ways to make your point instead of posting pictures.

How about an intellectual approach and debate?

Thread re-opened.

I don't doubt your noble intentions but I'm sure there are better ways to make your point instead of posting pictures.

How about an intellectual approach and debate?

Thread re-opened.

why do you people comment abot things you dont understand?do you know more about hinduism than a practising hindu?you are not a hindu..so even if my religion is bad...you are safe from it...so why the need to demean me and the other hindu memebers of this forum...?
have i posted anything against islam?many of the hindu memebers on this forum have shown their accpetance of islam repeatedly by saying things like islam is the religion of peace and the most scientific religion of all...all of you pakistanis thank us when we post someting in favour of islam...but then start derogatory threads like this on the other hand!
i cant even recall how many times i have been called a hindu zionist(even being called a hindu is bad for me for i consider myself an indian!)
rest is up to you....it's your forum...you do as you please...you'd have to accept the fact someday...that in some ways you are not as tolerant as you claim to be.

This thread will be dedicated to get familiar with the other not so pleasant and mostly hidden side of India.

Maximus = Maximum ignorance

The naked sadhus - visibility shoots up 1000-fold duringg the Kumbh Mela

Pilgrimage and Power: The Kumbh Mela in Allahabad, 1765-1954 (Hardcover) - Kama Maclean

Gods, Gurus and the Ganges - Karl Grobl

An Extra Report on Kumbha Mela, 2001 - Stephen Knapp

The Kumbh Mela Home Page - Hindu Pilgrimage in Contemporary India - J. E. Llewellyn

TIME Photo Essay | The Kumbh Mela: An Indian Odyssey

The only thing in Pakistan that is documented and reported and talked about with the same sense of engagement and interest as that of the Kumbh Mela in India is Pakistan's spawining of radicalized individuals giving the world an International migraine

The number of foreign tourists visiting during the Kumbh Mela is matched quite closely by the total population of the NWFP and Swat district

Maximus = Maximum ignorance

The naked sadhus - visibility shoots up 1000-fold duringg the Kumbh Mela

Pilgrimage and Power: The Kumbh Mela in Allahabad, 1765-1954 (Hardcover) - Kama Maclean

Gods, Gurus and the Ganges - Karl Grobl

An Extra Report on Kumbha Mela, 2001 - Stephen Knapp

The Kumbh Mela Home Page - Hindu Pilgrimage in Contemporary India - J. E. Llewellyn

TIME Photo Essay | The Kumbh Mela: An Indian Odyssey

The only thing in Pakistan that is documented and reported and talked about with the same sense of engagement and interest as that of the Kumbh Mela in India is Pakistan's spawining of radicalized individuals giving the world an International migraine

The number of foreign tourists visiting during the Kumbh Mela is matched quite closely by the total population of the NWFP and Swat district

dont argue...
they dont give a $hit about it...they'd leave no stone unturned to degrade our religion mate...as if they know it....but it changes nothing...let's not post in this thread.

why do you people comment abot things you dont understand?do you know more about hinduism than a practising hindu?you are not a hindu..so even if my religion is bad...you are safe from it...so why the need to demean me and the other hindu memebers of this forum...?
have i posted anything against islam?many of the hindu memebers on this forum have shown their accpetance of islam repeatedly by saying things like islam is the religion of peace and the most scientific religion of all...all of you pakistanis thank us when we post someting in favour of islam...but then start derogatory threads like this on the other hand!
i cant even recall how many times i have been called a hindu zionist(even being called a hindu is bad for me for i consider myself an indian!)
rest is up to you....it's your forum...you do as you please...you'd have to accept the fact someday...that in some ways you are not as tolerant as you claim to be.

Maximus didn't take those photos. He didn't publish those books.

Why don't you ban photography in the Kumbh mela, and the streets and slums of Bharat?

The whole world is posting these pictures, from newspapers to the bbc website, yet if a Pakistani posts them all hell breaks lose, and we are accused of hatred towards Hindus.

What is wrong if certain outdated concepts and rituals are criticised? Is it better not to leave such superstitious things?

Would you also object to the historical truth of muslims and british christians forcing Bharatis to stop the tradition of sati?

If it hadn't been for us, many women would still be burnt to death today.

Atleast delete the pics that are XXX

Bro, why should I delete those pics? This is exactly part of Hindu religion. I didn't make it up either. I'm just sharing the vast wealth of knowledge about Hindu culture and religion. Why are we offended when it's all part of their being?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom