What's new

The real India story is in the detail

You are assuming that Amma and her party are going to rule TN permanently.

No, amma might stir a hornets nest while will make the headache caused by protesters look minute.

It's all about the number of MPs a state sends to the Parliament. So nothing can be said as impossible.

Very true, but TN can be at disadvantage later, if not now already. I say go with captive power plants, like gujarat. Safeguard your interest first, dont let the center dictate the amount of power to give or not.

I bet a lot of indians are unhappy about this. They are afraid as soon as the poor masses become more aware they will overthrow the new delhi brahmanist rulers.

Hey peng yu....keep window shopping open....let the atmosphere come in.....Chal chal hata teri sawan ki gata....chal hawa aane de

I bet a lot of indians are unhappy about this. They are afraid as soon as the poor masses become more aware they will overthrow the new delhi brahmanist rulers.
atleast we can over throw the rulers you mentioned but our enemy cant even dream of throwing their nazi rulers

Good Article.

It's pretty amazing that even when the world as a whole is slowing down, we have some states/region that are standing out. Actually, "BIMARU rajya" should be on the top of the priority list for the GOI & the state govt. since top states like Gujarat, Maharashtra, TN, Karnataka etc. are getting comparatively saturated & are the hardest hit by any global recession. It is these BIMARU states where the "India Shining" story is yet to reach in it's full power. To counter our decreasing GDP nos. these states can get back India on the 9+% growth rate, since they are the most populated & also few of the largest states of India, so every figure in the HDI chart can be improved by improving these states.

She can bargain for 2000 MW. Maybe she will get it done...but what about the future ? TN will not get any more sites because Nuclear sites are decided bu NPCIL and BARC. Kudumkulam is an agreement with russians before nuclear deal. TN has not got a new site after the deal. Russians have been given WB after the deal.

India's nuclear pie is large enough for everyone to get satisfied in the coming years. For the initial years of post nuclear deal NPCIL/BARC can't give more than 1 nuclear reactor to any one state, so they have to be more balanced in there offering of the nuclear sites, Russians were given a site of WB, but that also is jeopardized by the local govt. & India & the Russians together are finding another site elsewhere. It's cannot be said for sure that TN will not get any future nuclear sites since currently India is going to look at a more balanced approach vis-a-vis every states as there was a news about AP getting one nuclear reactor, but lot will depend on how Kundukulum protests turn out as these have seriously undermined the authority of TN govt. to host such a large project.

It's all about the number of MPs a state sends to the Parliament. So nothing can be said as impossible.

Not exactly, as UP sends 80 MPs in the 543 LS i.e. around 1/7th of all MPs are from one state of UP, if this was the case than every developmental project would have gone to UP & there would have been a complete bias in every project. It's more a question of a state's ability to handle any project with utmost efficiency, & as i said before the protests in Kundukulum has seriously undermine the efficacy of TN govt.

Three things note please : Most chinese websites in Mandarin , Percentage of people knowing english among general public there is not even , CPP regularly uses front account's for internet propaganda.

Add all three up and what do you get ........ :china: :police:

Three things note please : Most chinese websites in Mandarin , Percentage of people knowing english among general public there is not even , CPP regularly uses front account's for internet propaganda.

I dont expect anything drastic because are both are ok when it comes to economy..:lol:

Actually the power crisis now is not that bad as compared some 5-6 months ago. But its still shoddy. Hopefully atleast some of it will be setright when KNPP comes online. But there are also some idiots with vested interests are hijacking it.

This ***** is playing cheap politics,almost abandoning all infrastructure projects like metro rail ,BRTSand she is one of the culprit who voiced against k,kulam power project just because it was laid in DMK period.Always blaming the openent parties and Central gov for her incompetency.Now she wants to abandon Sethu samundiram project which will huge boost economic conditions in South TN .

While i understand what Jayalalitha is upto. I dont think Center should allot more than the formula agreed amount. This would not be right to other states that host Central Projects but have to give away most of it.

The people of TN and politicians are responsible for making sure enough is available in the state. Should they fail, they ought not to try tactics of force. If TN needs power, it is welcome to buy it from the open grid or private grid.

That said, i hope TN govt starts to plan and implement power projects pronto so it is not dependent on Center's largesse.

what is the fuss about this news....... we know this state have been deprived of development for decades...this is just the latent demand thats picking the state GDP....it is to b seen wheter it is sustainable or not....its no use jumping the gun

what is the fuss about this news....... we know this state have been deprived of development for decades...this is just the latent demand thats picking the state GDP....it is to b seen wheter it is sustainable or not....its no use jumping the gun

The fuss is about 100 M people coming out of poverty as a result. Never in the history has this even been done but in China.

When the country's economic growth gets back to 7-8% in the next few years this news coupled with better macro performance will silence plenty of ignorant voices who are Saying India's story is over!!

Back
Top Bottom