What's new

The Ugly Truth About Pak Economy: A Brief History

What is terrible... is the paralysis of this government... on every front... the IK gov is totally frozen... seems like shell-schock... Pak State in the same attitude...
That's the bigger concern. I don't know why IK is not using all the powers, exploiting every trick, he does not seems to be capable enough to mount a proportional response... upto so far.. he has not impressed me on this front.

Last edited:
That's the bigger concern. I don't know why IK is not using all the powers, exploiting every trick, he does not seems to be capable enough to mount a proportional response... upto so far.. he has not impressed me on this front.

He is surrounded by people feeding him lies and not advising on the appropriate actions he can take.

Financial Emergency should have been imposed a while back.

@Reddington @zulu @PakSword @ps3linux @RIWWIR @war&peace @Verve @Dubious

As we discussed early... EconomicHit is in full swing... the local players as well.

The opposition is working overtime for Marshal Law... since under military rule... conviction will not hold in international courts... and recovery of foreign assets of supreme leaders won't be possible.

What is terrible... is the paralysis of this government... on every front... the IK gov is totally frozen... seems like shell-schock... Pak State in the same attitude...

By not being proactive in controlling moneylaundering and money-exchanges... the run-on-dollar was written on the wall... but neither the State nor the government did anything... and in the process more Paks came under the povertyline...

The system in its present form is an Existential Threat to Pak State and Pak People

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/470008-capital-suggestion-weaponized-finance

The US Department of Treasury now has a definite – -and defined – role in “advancing US national security interests.” Ian Bremmer, the founder of Eurasia Group, asserts that “instead of fighting countries militarily, the US can now cripple them financially.” Bremmer told Yahoo Finance that the “almighty dollar is more powerful than nuclear weapons.” According to Ian Bremmer, “George Washington carried a musket. Franklin Roosevelt sent in heavy bombers. The [new] armament of choice is weaponization of finance.”

Currency wars ... And Pakistan has one imposed on it.

He is surrounded by people feeding him lies and not advising on the appropriate actions he can take.

Financial Emergency should have been imposed a while back.
We should pray for him, pray for Pakistan

Whose responsibility is it to cure this paralysis? Surely it belongs inside the country.

Whose responsibility is it to cure this paralysis? Surely it belongs inside the country.
Couldn't agree more. Just posted a long note in another thread regarding the responsibility. One cannot put all the responsibility on a handful of people i.e. the politicians as everyone is responsible (the share responsibility might be different).

Couldn't agree more. Just posted a long note in another thread regarding the responsibility. One cannot put all the responsibility on a handful of people i.e. the politicians as everyone is responsible (the share responsibility might be different).

Who said this and what does it mean?

Khuda ne aaj tak uss qaum ki haalat nahiin badli
Na ho jisko khyaal aap apni haalat ke badalney ka

I guess I wanted to say this:

Blaming outside forces based on silly conspiracy theories for troubles whose resolution resides solely within Pakistan is a futile exercise in sheer stupidity.

As we feared, the Economic Hitmen Squad is acting according to its assignment.

This is a National Security Threat... if this EconomicTerrorism is allowed to continue... the collapse will be unmanagable.

Pak State needs to come in now... the GoP is totally at loss on how to get a grip on emerging catastroph.

First... a complete sealing/ban on money exchanges.. NO holding of foreign currencies in cash... and should only be held in the banks.

A JIT needs to ACT now on how SBP, FinMin and a few individuals are playing the markets....

A permanent ban on foreign currency in cash form needs to happen NOW.

PKR needs to be brought down... to 130-135.

A Financial Emergency is long overdue!

Do you have any other suggestion? The short term fix is to massively reduce the imports. Which will give some time to breath for the economy and then other measures can be taken.
but it will not give time people to breath and they will be DEAD. --

Back
Top Bottom