What's new

Top 10 most peaceful countries of 2011

my pk friends are most peaceful, chinese is peaceful too.
though india invade pk, viet invade China, we have not beat them, only talk and negociate with them.

It's interesting that all of the countries on the top ten are protected by the USA. They all owe their enjoyment of "peace" to the military men and women of their friend, the USA.

how is the iceland-USA relationship! i have actually never heard of it, iceland is a country that is far far away from what is happening. so i wonder why it need alliance with someone?

The way it seems,the more developed a country is,at least in terms of infrastructure ,peoples' support and living condition,the more peaceful a country is.
The European countries are in the top of the list.
Come to think of it,pollution in the European rivers have reduced post-World war II,in spite of the industrialization.
We must look in depth how the developed European countries have gone about it.We dont want development like that of UAE,where the development is based on limitless spending and thereby wastage,fulled by the natural resources.We want development based of re-use of components,reducing wastage and with minimal damage to the nature.

how is the iceland-USA relationship! i have actually never heard of it,

The relationship is great, but the problem now is that Iceland is bankrupt because it invested heavily in the US housing market boom......

The relationship is great, but the problem now is that Iceland is bankrupt because it invested heavily in the US housing market boom......

You mean because they got robbed by the Wall Street money grabbing gang. ;)
I recommend the documentary "Inside Job" on what happened in Iceland and with the Financial Crisis in general globally..
Inside Job (2010) - IMDb

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of internal peace and stability, I can think of only three countries - N Korea, Iran and Cuba. I cannot find the other seven. Canadians themselves call it a colony of Imperial USA. So they are out of the run.

Malaysia rank 19 with score of 1.467. Quite good but I am still wary of street crimes in big cities like Kuala Lumpur, I actually feel safer in Hong Kong though it is not in the list.

how the fook is US 82?

Iraq's score is 152 and Afghanistan's score is 150.
soooo..... 152 + 150 = 302

US should be bottom of the list :S

Malaysia rank 19 with score of 1.467. Quite good but I am still wary of street crimes in big cities like Kuala Lumpur, I actually feel safer in Hong Kong though it is not in the list.

The way they calculate it, it combines regular crime, geopolitical relations, arms deals, GDP spending on war and actual war.

Well at least Pakistan isn't at the complete bottom of the list lol.

Anyways I'm not surprised to see most of the scandinavian countries on there, they have some of the highest living standards in the world and the worlds lowest poverty rates!

This is more like a list of the countries who got their whooped during the World wars or are geographically isolated! Canada as always is always Canada! :coffee:
It's interesting that all of the countries on the top ten are protected by the USA. They all owe their enjoyment of "peace" to the military men and women of their friend, the USA.
Well said.

I guess the domestic violence is a little high in Switzerland?
Switzerland is very militarized country. Their reservists keep army weapons at home. :woot:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom