What's new

TOP 10 - World Fighter Aircrafts

Every body has their own List welldone folks keep it up:rofl:

EFT and Rafale have seen battle..........in Libya.

Su-27 has also seen battle against Georgia.
Crippled Airdefence, low level SAMs and no aerial opponents......I wonder how a target practice can be considered as operational experience.

Not considering costs, ranking of latest variants of aircraft that have flown in production configuration (I've only singled out variants with substantial changes to the airframe):

1) F-22 Raptor
2) Su-35
3) Mig-31
4) Dassault Rafale
5) Su-30MKI
6) Eurofighter Typhoon
7) F-18E
8) Mig-29M
9) F-16
10) Saab Gripen

Of course, once cost is factored in, the Sukhois win hands down.

Not considering costs, ranking of latest variants of aircraft that have flown in production configuration (I've only singled out variants with substantial changes to the airframe):

1) F-22 Raptor
2) Su-35
3) Mig-31
4) Dassault Rafale
5) Su-30MKI
6) Eurofighter Typhoon
7) F-18E
8) Mig-29M
9) F-16
10) Saab Gripen

Of course, once cost is factored in, the Sukhois win hands down.
A simple Question, do any of these have matched this performance?...
6197607916_d99a1c5b27_b.jpg

6197090171_992f2f5e07_b.jpg

6197608132_86e1f798ff_b.jpg

6197608230_d0cf3c9ee3_b.jpg

Well the lists on this thread are as varied as playlists on ipods of different members here :)

A simple Question, do any of these have matched this performance?...
6197607916_d99a1c5b27_b.jpg

6197090171_992f2f5e07_b.jpg

6197608132_86e1f798ff_b.jpg

6197608230_d0cf3c9ee3_b.jpg

What in the world do those markings signify? American F-16s certainly haven't gotten that many air-to-air kills, so those markings must mean bombs dropped (likely on innocent Iraqis and Afghans).

That doesn't say anything about the F-16 performance, which has been left behind by modern aircraft.

Isn't it realistically very difficult to chart out a list like this while almost all the modern fighters have been/ are being built on open-architecture. so one plane can adopt several integrations in context of weapons and sensor suits. Now some of these sub systems also out perform others. for example a F-16 equipped with AESA can really make life hell difficult for many advanced fighters like Su-30 MKI or Rafale. I am not saying it will score a kill against MKI or Rafale but my point is about the underlying complexity in any such weapons where a lots of critical sub-systems plays decisive role in their actual performance.

What in the world do those markings signify? American F-16s certainly haven't gotten that many air-to-air kills, so those markings must mean bombs dropped (likely on innocent Iraqis and Afghans).

That doesn't say anything about the F-16 performance, which has been left behind by modern aircraft.

It signifies the no. of bombing sorties that particular pilot has carried out. each bomb signifies a sortie.

Isn't it realistically very difficult to chart out a list like this while almost all the modern fighters have been/ are being built on open-architecture. so one plane can adopt several integrations in context of weapons and sensor suits. Now some of these sub systems also out perform others. for example a F-16 equipped with AESA can really make life hell difficult for many advanced fighters like Su-30 MKI or Rafale. I am not saying it will score a kill against MKI or Rafale but my point is about the underlying complexity in any such weapons where a lots of critical sub-systems plays decisive role in their actual performance.

You make a good point. The difference between variants of the same aircraft is often very large. Open architectures mean that the configurations can make a huge difference. Furthermore, the materials from which an airframe is built can change the RCS by a factor of 10 (for example the Su-35, F-18E, proposed F-15SE, etc.).

At the same time, though, airframes and kinematic performance is still a major factor. American manufacturers have been playing up technology to the detriment of kinematic performance. Just look at what they talk about the F-22. Sure, sometimes they'll mention its supercruise, but generally, they emphasize its stealth and AESA radar, instead of its superb climb, acceleration, and turn performance. And the next plane to be created is the F-35, which has all the cutting edge fifth generation technology, but the kinematic performance of a third generation fighter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom