What's new

Top Gun: Maverick was incredible!

Movie was good, the storyline was ok too.

Its obvious the enemy was Iran. In reality, their aircraft carrier would have been blown by some 100 x AShBM (Khalije Fars) the moment our Over The Horizon Radars picked those high RCS jets.
Lol and USA has no layered defense for their ships ever heard SM-6 ABM SYSTEMS FOR AB CLASS DESTROYERS

AND OVER THE HORIZON RADARS CAN ONLY ABLE TO DETECT AT MID RANGES AND TRACKING IS FURTHER IN LOW RANGE

Lol and USA has no layered defense for their ships ever heard SM-6 ABM SYSTEMS FOR AB CLASS DESTROYERS

AND OVER THE HORIZON RADARS CAN ONLY ABLE TO DETECT AT MID RANGES AND TRACKING IS FURTHER IN LOW RANGE

- Good luck countering 100 x MaRVs dancing down at you. While also being attacked by UCAVs and AShCMs.

- We also have long-range ground AESA trackers providing data to layers of LORADS/SHORADS and interceptors in the sky. Read about Iranian GWACS network sometime.

- Good luck countering 100 x MaRVs dancing down at you. While also being attacked by UCAVs and AShCMs.

- We also have long-range ground AESA trackers providing data to layers of LORADS/SHORADS and interceptors in the sky. Read about Iranian GWACS network sometime.
You're delusional man if you launch 100 MARVs warheads on their carrier battle groups than you're history they launch tomahawk minuteman trident d5 on you and f35/f22/ b2 will send you into hell get real dude

By that theory, they could have also destroyed the rest of the world since they have all that. But they didn't. You are delusional, this is not how wars are fought.

We took away Iraq from them
Spread our proxies in 5 countries
Attacked their bases (the only country to do so) with accurate Ballistic missiles
Hacked their stealth drones down
Shot their 200 million UCAV
Kidnapped their soldiers.

How many tridents have been fired at us?
Yeah...It shows the best you can do is low level annoyances. Nothing real. How is that 'stealth' plane coming?

Don't lives in your falsehood kid and stick to the topic please that thread is for movie not Iran US 🇺🇸 war you're reported for derailing the thread

LOL you lost the argument so you reported me for what exactly? funny

I am reporting you for your childish name calling btw.

on the topic: Nice movie plot but the carrier would have been at the bottom of the Persian Gulf. Also we dont have Pechora S-125. F/A-18 would have been targetted by S-300 and Bavar-373 LORADS.

Reported again for your off topic discussions

You have been reported for name-calling after losing an argument that you enthusastically tried to take part in. Good luck.

LOL you lost the argument so you reported me for what exactly? funny

I am reporting you for your childish name calling btw.

on the topic: Nice movie plot but the carrier would have been at the bottom of the Persian Gulf. Also we dont have Pechora S-125. F/A-18 would have been targetted by S-300 and Bavar-373 LORADS.

You have been reported for name-calling after losing an argument that you enthusastically tried to take part in. Good luck.
And USA has no answer to your junk military hardware lol

on the topic: Nice movie plot but the carrier would have been at the bottom of the Persian Gulf.
You mean the one that you guys built for propaganda purposes.

F/A-18 would have been targetted by S-300 and Bavar-373 LORADS.
Even if so, they would fail.

Realistically, a flight of four-ships F-35 would do the job.

Keep the posts about other things out it is a movie.
Yes it's great but no where near as good as the original.

Last edited:
Went to see it last week.
Good graphics and camera work and the new type Dolby sound was impressive.
However if you just see it as an entertainment its indeed enjoyable otherwise if Will Smith could fly the F/A 18 under the falling boulders in Independence Day then Maverick showed he can do it through narrow Bridge arches and can take off the Tomcat from an otherwise destroyed airfield.

“Top Gun: Maverick” continues to break barriers at the box office.

The Paramount and Skydance sequel to the 1986 hit “Top Gun” soared past $900 million in ticket sales globally Monday and has set its sights on crossing the coveted $1 billion box office threshold.

Without much standing in its way, box office analysts expect “Maverick” to achieve that milestone within a week. The blockbuster feature won’t have much competition until July 8, when Disney’s Marvel Studios releases “Thor: Love and Thunder.”

So far, sales for “Maverick” have been split between about $475 million in the U.S. and Canada and about $430 million from international markets.

“Reflecting the film’s universal appeal, a near 50/50 split of domestic versus international revenues is a rare feat for most modern blockbusters,” said Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at Comscore.

Since its debut in late May, “Maverick” has kept its torrid pace at the domestic box office, generating strong ticket sales through its fourth week in theaters. The film opened with $126.7 million in sales, the highest opening weekend box office haul for any Tom Cruise film and the actor’s first film to garner more than $100 million during its debut.

In its second weekend, ticket sales declined 29% to $90 million, demonstrating more staying power than most blockbuster features, according to data from Comscore. Typically, big budget films see sales fall between 50% and 70% from launch week to the second week.

That strong performance continued: It brought in $52 million in its third weekend, a 42% drop from the second weekend, and $44 million during its fourth weekend, a 14% drop from the third.

″‘Maverick’ has tapped into the cultural zeitgeist in a way only a rare breed of movies ever achieve,” said Shawn Robbins, chief analyst at BoxOffice.com.

Robbins noted that “Maverick” was well reviewed and is packed with action, and that it also generated considerable word of mouth, which brought back the original film’s audience as well as younger moviegoers.

“It’s the epitome of a great summer movie,” he said.

The film has consistently drawn in audiences over the age of 35, a demographic that has been reluctant to return to movie theaters since the height of the pandemic. Younger moviegoers usually drive the bulk of blockbuster ticket sales, but having films that entice older customers to return will be a key part of the industry’s post-pandemic recovery.

“Kudos should be given to Paramount Pictures, who have been a perfect partner for Tom Cruise over the years, and waited for the perfect moment to open the film exclusively in theaters and not consider a streaming release as an option due to the challenges of the pandemic,” said Dergarabedian of Comscore. ”‘Top Gun: Maverick’ is a textbook example of how you build the perfect billion-dollar box office beast.”

Top Gun Maverick now set to fly past $1B at the box office

Amen to that! The soundtrack alone from the original beats anything the new film offers. I mean Berlin v Lady Gaga hahaha.
I bought the soundtrack last the previous summer(original) after all these years 😂
But when I read that Lady Gaga was doing the soundtrack for the new movie I was like...why?

I haven't watched the movie yet,but the first movie was on TV a few times lately. I can only imagine the impact it had on men when it came out. It has been an inspiration for air force freaks and modelists ever since. I still remember watching old videos of the HAF and almost always,the music playing in the background was the main theme of the movie.

Back
Top Bottom