What's new

Transfer of S-300 airdefence systems from the Russian Federation to the Islamic Republic on 18 Feb

LOL. To all Iranian members, you cant blame Russia that much. As I said before, big powers often make the rules, and they are the ones to decide at the end of the day what type of weapons to sell or not. Its even more so when it comes to major weapon producers/suppliers like U.S,Russia,U.K,France, Germany etc.
The recipient can only pay the cash and hope the supplier will sell/supply them their best weapon systemssystems(export version wise obviously. Lol ). Its better though when the supplier and recipient are allies/aligned/close partners. In this case the supplier can supply the very best of its weapon ststems to the dependant. Just like we supply/sell some of our most advanced weapon systems to our close allies in the Gulf region.

For Iran its more complex and difficult giving its has been under sanctions/isolation for a long time now, hence it has NO CHOICE WHATSOEVER than to rely on Moscow's goodwill.

Last edited:
LOL. To all Iranian members, you cant blame Russia that much. As I said before, big powers often make the rules, and they are the ones to decide at the end of the day what type of weapons to sell or not. Its even more so when it comes to major weapon producers/suppliers like U.S,Russia,U.K,France, Germany etc.
The recipient can only pay the cash and hope the supplier will sell/supply them their best weapon systemssystems(export version wise obviously. Lol ). Its better though when the supplier and recipient are allies/aligned/close partners. In this case the supplier can supply the very best of its weapon ststems to the dependant. Just like we supply/sell some of our most advanced weapon systems to our close allies in the Gulf.

For Iran its mire complex and difficult giving its has bren under sanctions for a while now,.hence it has NO CHOICE WHATSOEVER than to rely on Moscow's goodwill.
First: It is Persian Gulf.

2nd: There is no such thing as "no choice whatsoever". there are always choices and Iran is already pursuing all of them. For one, Iran can demand its money back if it doesn't like the deal but my understanding is Iran is going to get the same model that it paid for.

I see a lot of fuss from layman people on the media or forums about this deal but Iran's defense minister who is one side of this deal has never said anything negative about the whole process and seems to be happy with how the whole deal is going.

Turkey is a NATO country so developing anything with them would compromise the system.

Go develop something first and i will cheer and support it, you have nothing to offer us. Why talking big?

Go develop something first and i will cheer and support it, you have nothing to offer us. Why talking big?
That was not a big talk oublious!
Turkey is the bro on the 5th column. You know what i mean. Google these words :
english.alarabiya/en/News/middle-east/2016/01/02/Turkey-needs-Israel-says-Erdogan
hurriyetdailynews/turkey-and-israel-need-each-other-says-president-erdogan
Turkey is a NATO country so developing anything with them would compromise the system as Amir said.

1st delivery of Russian S-300 air defense system arrives in Iran - Iranian FM RT :
rt(dat)com/news/339153-iran-russia-s300-delivery/
iranian source :
mashreghnews(dat)ir/fa/news/555570/عکس-ورود-اولین-محموله-اس-300-به-ایران
This can be the first step for the future co-operations with Russia. If Russia help Iran to build a 'trans-Iranian' canal from the Caspian Sea to the Persian Gulf , that will be a great step in economic independence from west for both sides and even for China :
sputniknews(dat)com/middleeast/20160330/1037229773/iran-russia-caspian-persian-gulf-canal.html
Iran can also sell her oil in Ruble to Enhance the value of Ruble , however , these steps need political decisions and I hope so!

Good to see Russian close relations with Iran. China could be a close strategic ally too for Iran, but atm they are now more preoccupied on defending their claims in the South China Sea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom