What's new

Turkey and Egypt agree on a 2 billion dollar financial package

mehmeTcc

Reaction score
Turkish deputy PM meets Egyptian deputy president.

ISTANBUL

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan met with Essam al-Haddad, Deputy President of Egypt for External Relations and International Cooperation, in Istanbul on Saturday.
The meeting was closed to press.
Officials said that Turkey and Egypt agreed on a financial package of 2 billion U.S. dollars that would be provided by Turkey to assist the Egyptian economy.
The two parties discussed developments in both countries, commercial relations and investment opportunities in the meeting.

Turkey and Egypt agree on a 2 billion dollar financial package Anadolu Agency

It is all fuzzy and good but why do we give money to others when we have 8.5 billion dollar budget deficit in first 9 months of this year.

It is called investing in relations. Relations are a strategic asset as important as weapons etc. to defend a nation.

It is called investing in relations. Relations are a strategic asset as important as weapons etc. to defend a nation.

Best ''defence'' a nation can built is intelligent and educated society and this 2 billion dollars would be better if it was spend on our own education system rather than on Egyptian population specially when goverment announced 8.5 billion dollars budget deficit.

This deal is nothing more than a step to stabilize and strenghten Türkiye/GCC/Egyptian pact and I would rather see a Türkiye which help her citizens reach new intellectual capacities rather than Türkiye spends billions of dollars on foreign soil when there is alread 8.5 billion dollars worth of budget deficit.

Best ''defence'' a nation can built is intelligent and educated society and this 2 billion dollars would be better if it was spend on our own education system rather than on Egyptian population specially when goverment announced 8.5 billion dollars budget deficit.

This deal is nothing more than a step to stabilize and strenghten Türkiye/GCC/Egyptian pact and I would rather see a Türkiye which help her citizens reach new intellectual capacities rather than Türkiye spends billions of dollars on foreign soil when there is alread 8.5 billion dollars worth of budget deficit.

Trust me if there is any Nationality in the world that understands your particular predicament it is us. Who we see our own country building an entire Train and Metro system for Morocco while our own government doesn't even provide bus services to other than three major cities. Yes we do understand it even better than you do.

However these things are done to boost relations and influence. Which in turn boosts trade because if you have for example good relations with Turkey you are going to buy Turkish products etc. and you can see the loop.

Trust me if there is any Nationality in the world that understands your particular predicament it is us. Who we see our own country building an entire Train and Metro system for Morocco while our own government doesn't even provide bus services to other than three major cities. Yes we do understand it even better than you do.

However these things are done to boost relations and influence. Which in turn boosts trade because if you have for example good relations with Turkey you are going to buy Turkish products etc. and you can see the loop.

If I have to be honest, it doesn't matter what KSA monarch does with his money, it doesn't effect us (directly) as it doesn't come from our own taxes or natural resources. What matters to me or other Turkish citizens is that what our own goverment does with our money. When they are elected, they make an oath to protect and improve the living standarts of citizens of Republic of Türkiye and giving 2 billion dollars of soft loans to Egypt will not improve that but investing that money on our education/health care system will improve the living standarts of our citizens.

Türkiye and France lives trough one of the lowest levels of cooperation in their history but French exports to Turkey stayed the same if you don't count small changes in first few weeks of denial law or as an example we can look at Turkish-Iraqi relations even though relations are tense as it can get, Türkiye is still the largest exporter of Iraqi market.

If I have to be honest, it doesn't matter what KSA monarch does with his money, it doesn't effect us (directly) as it doesn't come from our own taxes or natural resources. What matters to me or other Turkish citizens is that what our own goverment does with our money. When they are elected, they make an oath to protect and improve the living standarts of citizens of Republic of Türkiye and giving 2 billion dollars of soft loans to Egypt will not improve that but investing that money on our education/health care system will improve the living standarts of our citizens.

Türkiye and France lives trough one of the lowest levels of cooperation in their history but French exports to Turkey stayed the same if you don't count small changes in first few weeks of denial law or as an example we can look at Turkish-Iraqi relations even though relations are tense as it can get, Türkiye is still the largest exporter of Iraqi market.

Investing in relationships with brotherly nations is as important as investing in health or education sectors inside the country. The closest example comes to our minds is American and European aids to Egypt although they are going through stiff economic hardships with huge deficiencies. Turkey is in dire need to real allies in ME. As you know, nations don't forget the ones who stand with them in times of need and the ones who turned their backs to them, for instance, Libya rushed into inviting Western countries to invest in their lucrative oil, infrastructure and even arm sales, excluding Russia and China.

Turkish deputy PM meets Egyptian deputy president.

ISTANBUL

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan met with Essam al-Haddad, Deputy President of Egypt for External Relations and International Cooperation, in Istanbul on Saturday.
The meeting was closed to press.
Officials said that Turkey and Egypt agreed on a financial package of 2 billion U.S. dollars that would be provided by Turkey to assist the Egyptian economy.
The two parties discussed developments in both countries, commercial relations and investment opportunities in the meeting.

Turkey and Egypt agree on a 2 billion dollar*financial package Anadolu Agency

Thanks Turkey!! We will return the favor one day InshaAllah!!

Investing in relationships with brotherly nations is as important as investing in health or education sectors inside the country. The closest example comes to our minds is American and European aids to Egypt although they are going through stiff economic hardships with huge deficiencies. Turkey is in dire need to real allies in ME. As you know, nations don't forget the ones who stand with them in times of need and the ones who turned their backs to them, for instance, Libya rushed into inviting Western countries to invest in their lucrative oil, infrastructure and even arm sales, excluding Russia and China.
So much for gratitude.. They've killed American ambassador barbaricly few months ago these baboons were begging for NATO intervention.

I don't want to start another flame war but. We have very strong reasons not to trust any of these Arab nations.

It is all fuzzy and good but why do we give money to others when we have 8.5 billion dollar budget deficit in first 9 months of this year.

We are not GIVING them any money. We are LENDING them some money. There is a huge difference between them.

I don't trust any other country either when it comes to defending my country but critizing the government for this loan doesn't make any sense.
I'm just saying playing nice guy won't bring us anything to those who consider this some sort investment. We aren't a petrol rich country. Government get that money by taking some heavy taxes from hardworking people so it shouldn't be wasted any more than usual.

Anyway phuck it.. I only hope they put it to good use since it's not easy-earned Saudi money.

LegionnairE
i agree with you this is the people money and if they need it they must have it and if i were you i would have said more
but there is something strange happening this and the money we got from the arabs and europe and the US why ???? we wanted it a long time ago and suddenly everyone is so giving us i wonder why

Back
Top Bottom