What's new

Turkey pays dearly to realize Erdogan’s Caliphate ambitions

Pksecurity

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Turkey, the jewel of Muslim world prior to the stage-managed coup of July, 2016, is being pushed into a bottomless pit of anarchy by the Wannabe Sultan of Turkey, President Erdogan. Ever since the failed coup failed, Erdogan is working overtime to consolidate his grip on power, purge the institutions of the people suspected to pose some semblance of a threat to his Caliphate ambitions and assume an aggressive posture to win him laurels in the Muslim world, which for the last many centuries is waiting for a Messiah. Will his dreams to become judge, jury and executioner in Turkey and an international icon of resistance to America’s high-handedness actually come true? This is a moot question which doesn’t beg for detailed deliberations to reach an answer. The answer is clear: Anything done with insincere motive is bound to backfire for the deed doesn’t sustain and is eventually exposed.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan rose from Istanbul’s mayoral office and worked his way through the corridors of power to reach Ankara. As a powerful prime minister, his next stop was the presidential palace. According to Turkey’s Constitution, the president is more or less like the Queen of England, only a figurehead. Even if he enjoyed more powers than the Queen, it is still not an executive presidency. Erdogan has been working very hard to convince other political parties to extend support in order for him to amend the Constitution and transfer all powers to the president when he took over. They were hesitant because this would mean destroying the basic structure of the Constitution and shredding those pages which assure some form of democratic dispensation for the country. Erdogan wanted to be an all-powerful Sultan of 19th Century or at least like an Arab monarch while his country is next door to democratic West.

The outcome of the July coup made it suspect from the word go; it provided Erdogan all powers he needed to crush dissent in any form. In effect, he was the sole beneficiary of a failed coup. Even when the coup was underway, he had kick-started his crackdown. On July 23, he closed thousands of charities and private schools. A restructuring of the military was also in the cards. 35% (124 of 358) of the generals and admirals in Turkey’s armed forces (TSK) were arrested immediately. In the process of purges and crackdown, Erdogan had to deal with some possible spoilers like democracy itself, professional armed forces, independent judiciary and free-thinking intelligentsia.

Despite consolidating powers, Erdogan is failing miserably to manage Turkey which according to The Telegraph is in a uniquely awful position. It now has the strongest president since the military coup in 1980, possibly since Ataturk himself ninety years ago. But President Erdogan’s extraordinary skill in consolidating his power has not been matched by an ability to solve the country’s problems. While Erdogan was drawing together all the threads of authority in his hands in a still democratic Turkey, random killings, suicide bombings and civil war with the Kurds in the south-east have been spiraling out of control.

Media is the latest target of his wrath for exposing the corruption and wrong-doings of his colleagues and family.

Turkey is a very precious country, a military power and a growing economy. But Erdogan’s iron-fisted rule is all set to push it to the brink of anarchy. There are very strong perception about him to be hands-in-glove with terrorists who have destroyed peace in the Middle east, particularly in Syria. His turns and U-turns are all meant to lead him to his dream destination; Sultanate of Turkey. He wants to have absolute powers of a monarch at any cost.

The Passive Voices: Turkey pays dearly for Erdogan's Caliphate ambitions

Last edited:
:sleep: useless thread. Posting link at the end does not convert rant into an article.
Whenever we see a successful Islamic govt in power, useless creatures pops out from nowhere and tell us how all the problem in the world are due to their love for Islam.
PS having a PM like ganja and opposition like Zardari, IK; we have no right to talk nonsense about first world countries.

:sleep: useless thread. Posting link at the end does not convert rant into an article.
Whenever we see a successful Islamic govt in power, useless creatures pops out from nowhere and tell us how all the problem in the world are due to their love for Islam.
PS having a PM like ganja and opposition like Zardari, IK; we have no right to talk nonsense about first world countries.
What succes are you talking about,care to elaborate?

Economic, social, and military success.
Turkey was nothing like this what it is today. Terrorism will also be defeated soon, insha ALLAH.

Erdogan hails from middle class background....I will always respect that...He can be criticized obviously...but he has will power and support of people...He, together with his nation and friends will overcome the mess...

We pray for unity in Turkey regardless of ideological differences...

Erdogan hails from middle class background..
Majority of MQM leaders also belong to lower/middle class, so its a wrong logic..

Turkey is making same mistakes, which Pakistan had made in Molvi zia's era.. Erdogan is Zia of Turkey

Economic, social, and military success.
Its because of the great Ataturk not Erdogan..

Majority of MQM leaders also belong to lower/middle class, so its a wrong logic..

Yes...But I didn't mean since he hails from middle class background, he should start abusing the power he posses...But he has people support...many of his critics fail to see that...people laid in front of tanks for him and democracy...He worked hard as a mayor of Istanbul then he reached at president's office....

Respect...He is not corrupt.

Turkey is making same mistakes, which Pakistan had made in Molvi zia's era.. Erdogan is Zia of Turkey
The biggest harm of being a third world society is anyone can manipulate you. And people mostly dont have any clue what they are talking about.
Respectable Tayab Erdogan is an elected leader of Turkey. Turkish citizen have elected him several times with a huge margin despite of many propaganda. There is a long standing tradition of Turkish people selecting pro-Islamic leaders. And, Erdogan is doing what is best for his nation.
You can take your love for Iran somewhere else.

Its because of the great Ataturk not Erdogan..
Ataturk is dead long ago. When Erdogan assumed office, Turkey was in huge form of crisis and it was almost a third world country, thanks all those Kemalist coups and history. Erdogan has changed it.

Erdogan is the first leader in entire muslim world who anticipated that the civil strife in Syria is to divide Middle East on ethnic faultlines , thus entered Syria to prevent a formation of Kurdish state. Conspiracies are being hatched to weaken Turkey inshAllah they will all fail, May Allah bless Turkey.

You deal with the reality of the world around you!

The middle east is a mess and needs a strong hand you cant isolate yourselves from the chaos being forced upon the region

Their are vested intrests in harming Turkey and its time for Turkey to step up and face it's enemies

Respect...He is not corrupt.
I do respect him, he is not corrupt but the problem is his vision. Which he really lacks backing Al Nasra to European Union issue his polices looks really confused. Just have a look at foreign policy of Turkey for last 3 years you will get your answer.

You can take your love for Iran somewhere else.
I was about to answer you, however, after seeing this sentence i really feel insult to answer you. Listen I am a sunni muslim Alhamdulilllah and i don't give a **** to Iran or Turkey. The only things which bothers me is the Pakistan is full of people with shitty thinking like you. Who are ready to do anything for shaikhs and Al Sauds

"Bottomless pit of anarchy" is about right.

Pre-Erdogan Turkey was a developed country in every sense. At the risk of sounding condescending I'd say a role model for Muslim-majority countries as well. I visited Istanbul in 2005 (before Erdogan became a maniac) and it was more enjoyable than Britain or France (the warmth of an asian culture with the technology and discipline of the west). Crime was never a concern and terrorism was unknown (except maybe for the southern border).

Now it's effectively a dictatorship where tens of thousands (!) of schoolteachers, civil servants and government employees are detained or sacked without due process on the vaguest of suspicions of being anti-Erdogan. Every few months there's a gruesome bombing or killing and attitudes towards perceived 'western' values has hardened hugely (walking around at night in Istanbul in jeans is not what it used to be - says a turkish student I know). I passed through Istanbul in transit recently and in no way was the atmosphere anything like what it was before. Mumbai probably has better law and order today.

While we in India wistfully think of the day our people and cities become prosperous and advanced as the west, Turkey seems to be doing the exact opposite and seems bent on going back to the medieval ages.

Back
Top Bottom