What's new

Turkey puts F-35 order on hold over US refusal to share technology

Even UK, the only level 1 partner did not get codes.

Today.. the situation stand different.
The geo-strategic importance of Turkey puts it in position that it shall re-negotiate the rules.
Whereas the rule in it self was unfair,, and it was because US was in position to dictate the rules.

Today, Turkey can invest in J-20 or invest in alternate propositions.

I think very good move by Turkey.

F-35 without source codes is totally under US dictation and for sure Turkey cannot use it against other US friendly states.

turkey should join hands with russia or china for their 5th gen fighter

the f-35 is still years away and i am sure if they give handsome amount of cash to Russia they will sell the PAK fa to turkey

Russia selling its top tech to a NATO country = impossible. For the following reasons.

1. First selling an even a downgraded PAK FA to turkey would be a direct threat to them.

2. Second, when the PAK FA is in turkeys hands it wouldn't be long until the US gets it hands on it, and finds out its strengths and weakness.

3. Money is not a problem for the Russians anymore, its not the 90s anymore when they will sell anything for cash.

The same goes for the J-20.

So turkey has no choice it ether buys the F-35, or goes for a much inferior European jet.

The geo-strategic importance of Turkey puts it in position that it shall re-negotiate the rules.
Whereas the rule in it self was unfair,, and it was because US was in position to dictate the rules.

F-35 without source codes is totally under US dictation and for sure Turkey cannot use it against other US friendly states.

Well, no. The question is whether or not for its level of investment in the JSF program Turkey is getting the same 'value' as the other level 3 partners with similar levels of investment. If Turkey wants more, they will have to invest more. That's the business.

Well, no. The question is whether or not for its level of investment in the JSF program Turkey is getting the same 'value' as the other level 3 partners with similar levels of investment. If Turkey wants more, they will have to invest more. That's the business.

It is not about invesment level of Turkey. Other partners did not recieved codes too.

Russia selling its top tech to a NATO country = impossible. For the following reasons.

1. First selling an even a downgraded PAK FA to turkey would be a direct threat to them.

2. Second, when the PAK FA is in turkeys hands it wouldn't be long until the US gets it hands on it, and finds out its strengths and weakness.

3. Money is not a problem for the Russians anymore, its not the 90s anymore when they will sell anything for cash.

The same goes for the J-20.

So turkey has no choice it ether buys the F-35, or goes for a much inferior European jet.

My Armenian friend like it or not it is possible.

Russia proposed s 400 missiles before. As far as i know we are member of Nato for 50 years.

Russia plans to sell 600 PAK FA to other countries. Turkey is ready to pay 16 bl and maybe more for 5th gen fither project and I think russia will happy to sell those planes if Turkey demands.

Russia to make 1,000 stealth jets, eyes India deal | Reuters

Russia proposed s 400 missiles before. As far as i know we are member of Nato for 50 years.

Russia plans to sell 600 PAK FA to other countries. Turkey is ready to pay 16 bl and maybe more for 5th gen fither project and I think russia will happy to sell those planes if Turkey demands.

\

Sell of PAKFA or FGFA to any other country is not possible before 2022-24 and i dnt think turkey gonna wait for this long

That is the case of all US made fighters..

\

Sell of PAKFA or FGFA to any other country is not possible before 2022-24 and i dnt think turkey gonna wait for this long

Yes first, they will fill Russian Air force and Indian Air force

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

I doubt it, coz Russia just started producing S-400 now.

i guess Turkey shold not go for the program if it dont get any codes. Its better to start its own program with other developed countries like China, Japan or south Korea.:smokin: and even Pakistan:)

The US tends to guard the source codes more closely than Europeans. Hence, while just about anyone could integrate foreign weapons on the Mirage, only the handful "approved allies" could do so with F-16.
It's not exactly discriminatory policy against Turkiye, just standard US security practice.

It is not about invesment level of Turkey. Other partners did not recieved codes too.

All the more reason why this is a bogus topic: if a level 1 partner doesn't get codes, why would a level 3 partner?

turkey should join hands with russia or china for their 5th gen fighter

the f-35 is still years away and i am sure if they give handsome amount of cash to Russia they will sell the PAK fa to turkey

I doubt about pak fa today russia is down but it is standing up again they wont be happy to give there jets to a nato country well you never know may be tbey can chsnge there mind for 16bn $$

Back
Top Bottom