What's new

Turkey says ready for unlimited cooperation with Egypt

can any one please tell me the definition of secularism.is secularism a universal system of Governance? The gentleman "George Jacob Holyoake" who coined this word would have never thought that the word secularism, would be used, misused & abused this much.

Ancient French mentality..

Egypt is not secular state. Egyptian constitution is based on Islamic law.

Egyptian constitution is based on or atleast inspired from Turkish constitution so it is secular inspired state with state religion stated as Islam but to this day army kept religious zealots at bay with his power but with this ''muslim'' Brotherhood the rights if not lives of christian and and atheist minorty is in danger.

Ancient French mentality..

Secularism is a British ideolgy... You are talking about Laicite which we Turks call ''Laiklik''... And believe me both Secularism and Laicite are more modern than your ancient religion... You can atleast count the age difference between them right? Or am I expecting too much from you?

Secularism is a British ideolgy... You are talking about Laicite which we Turks call ''Laiklik''... And believe me both Secularism and Laicite are more modern than your ancient religion... You can atleast count the age difference between them right? Or am I expecting too much from you?

secularism is erasing little by little the religion the other is erasing rapidly the religion just this is basic differences between laicism and secularism

Darn, Deno you've been once again faster. Its out of question which one of both is ancient.

tesla, thats not the ideal of secularism, would it be appropriate if we judge islam with just the acts of radicals ? best way to avoid restrictions on different views and beliefs is secularism but it should be applied correctly.

Darn, Deno you've been once again faster. Its out of question which one of both is ancient.
same times both secularism and laicism are poducts of french revolution. english are coservative people after the revolution so they adopted secularism instead of laicism

can any one please tell me the definition of secularism.is secularism a universal system of Governance? The gentleman "George Jacob Holyoake" who coined this word would have never thought that the word secularism, would be used, misused & abused this much.

Turkey is per say a "Secular state". But Turkey has always interfered in religion, and still interfering. Even the friday prayers is being controlled by the state. How is Turkey secular?
Secularism, as I know is when religion and state business is not being mixed with each other.

^Secularism doesn't necessarily mean abolishing religion just playing the neutral party in between religions

I agree with tayeap in this, Egypt must embrace a secular approach in forming of the new state. But even if they don't our relations must be developed and maintained.

Nobody said something about Egypte becoming Iran, Cant believe how naive you are Deno seriously. Because a Islamist Party is in power doesnt mean they are radical and are going to change it to Iran all the suddon.

Yes they are the same. Only difference was that our army never had the enough power to stand against the civilian goverment. The Egyptian army is basicly a huge corperation which own Tens of thousands of companies and asseds in Egypte including Vacatian resorts and high class hotels. Thats why Egyptian army can maintaine power because they dont need Goverment funding and thats why the Turkish army is weak against the Civilian Goverment.

Oglum bak git.

Egyptian constitution is based on or atleast inspired from Turkish constitution so it is secular inspired state with state religion stated as Islam but to this day army kept religious zealots at bay with his power but with this ''muslim'' Brotherhood the rights if not lives of christian and and atheist minorty is in danger.

No! Egyptian constitution is based on Islamic law. The principal source of legislation. Egypt is not secular state!

Constitutional Declaration

(Article 1)

The Arab Republic of Egypt is a democratic state based on citizenship. The Egyptian people are part of the Arab nation and work for the realization of its comprehensive unity.

(Article 2)

Islam is the religion of the state and the Arabic language is its official language. Principles of Islamic law (Shari’a) are the principal source of legislation.

http://www.cabinet.gov.eg/AboutEgypt/ConstitutionalDeclaration_e.pdf

Modern secularism is a French ideology developed during the French revolution. Became law in 1905.

The queen of UK is the leader of anglicanism.

No! Egyptian constitution is based on Islamic law. The principal source of legislation. Egypt is not secular state!

Constitutional Declaration

(Article 1)

The Arab Republic of Egypt is a democratic state based on citizenship. The Egyptian people are part of the Arab nation and work for the realization of its comprehensive unity.

(Article 2)

Islam is the religion of the state and the Arabic language is its official language. Principles of Islamic law (Shari’a) are the principal source of legislation.

http://www.cabinet.gov.eg/AboutEgypt/ConstitutionalDeclaration_e.pdf

Modern secularism is a French ideology developed during the French revolution. Became law in 1905.

The queen of UK is the leader of anglicanism.

Didn't I just write that Egypt has a state religion as Islam? I told you already, although Egypt has a state religion, thanks to Egyptian Army secularism was established and protected in the state...

Modern secularism is a British ideolgy... Secularism was never a French ideolgy... French called their version of seperation with church and state ''Laicite'' which was more radical and put restriction on religion and religious duties even the ones that don't voilate basic human rights.

stop this thing , other peoples internal things arent our problem , increasing relations with egypt will help both

Turkey is per say a "Secular state". But Turkey has always interfered in religion, and still interfering. Even the friday prayers is being controlled by the state. How is Turkey secular?
Secularism, as I know is when religion and state business is not being mixed with each other.

Secularism does not provide the rights to an individual to necessary amenities to live a relatively peaceful life life neither it guarantees individual rights to expression. Modern Turkey created on ashes of Ottoman empire was a fasict state that curbed the individual liberty on the name of Secularism,Kemalism,Turkishnes etc. Now Turkey is evolving again and that I find a natural cycle as religion can not be curbed, whenever & wherever it was controled before it repulsed in more stronger ardor.

^Secularism doesn't necessarily mean abolishing religion just playing the neutral party in between religions

I agree with tayeap in this, Egypt must embrace a secular approach in forming of the new state. But even if they don't our relations must be developed and maintained.

How can a state be neutral in the matter of religion, name a country in the world who is neutral when it comes to religious adherence of the predominant group of the nation state.What Tayyap said in the Egyp was just a remark to mollify the Copts and moderninst and exclusively a country specific statement.

Back
Top Bottom