What's new

Turkey should pull troops from Afghanistan under 2020 accord

Salaam

Has there been any indication of the reason behind the desire to stay by the Turks? I mean officially?

I don't really see the Taliban agreeing to anything short of full NATO withdrawal.

However, I personally would like to see this issue resolved one way or the other sooner than later. I don't want to see any bad blood between the Turks and the Talibs. I hope Pakistan is playing an active role in trying to resolve this issue ASAP.

I also think the Turks have so much they can do besides this to have good influence in Afghanistan. Development and investment work along side trade and through aid.

Anyways, I hope this gets resolved ASAP.

Salaam

Has there been any indication of the reason behind the desire to stay by the Turks? I mean officially?

I don't really see the Taliban agreeing to anything short of full NATO withdrawal.

However, I personally would like to see this issue resolved one way or the other sooner than later. I don't want to see any bad blood between the Turks and the Talibs. I hope Pakistan is playing an active role in trying to resolve this issue ASAP.

I also think the Turks have so much they can do besides this to have good influence in Afghanistan. Development and investment work along side trade and through aid.

Anyways, I hope this gets resolved ASAP.

There won't be any issues Turkey goes if demanded

Quite an interesting scenario building up! Looks like Afganistan is gonna be a tussle between the Pashtuns and Turks like it was in the old times! The winner than moves toward the East....
Turkey is there right now under the nato banner. They should withdraw from Afghanistan and then re-enter as a friend, ally & brother on a new accord directly with the Taliban as advisors, trainers, instructors & suppliers.

Last edited:
Turkey should not be in Afghanistan as NATO Allies rather turkey should separately deal with Taliban after NATO withdrawal from Afghanistan.

The Turks have given asylum and support to Dostum eventhough many Pakistanis and Erdogan fan boys often think Turks are uber Muslim army and country defending Muslim "brothers" if push comes to shove the Turks would chose their Turkic brethren any day look at their sentiments towards Arabs and Kurds and know why
Pretty normal.. I would choose my Pakistani folk over outsiders.
Pakistan could use it's relations with Turkey to target Indian presence within Afghanistan under the guise of fighting terrorism.
Why cant we do it ourselves..sab kuch china aur Turkey kary ga toh khud kia ambh .lain..
Its important to understand talib see them as NATO.. not 'Turks' or Erdogans reps.

Last edited:
Quite an interesting scenario building up! Looks like Afganistan is gonna be a tussle between the Pashtuns and Turks like it was in the old times! The winner than moves toward the East....
It may be a part of the Pak plan too!!! It'll look bad if the wholesale slaughter immediately starts!! The Turkish forces will work as a moderator for the time being.....
I understand and respect your views, bro. But Nato is an occupation force that caused massive death and destruction in Afghanistan. Afghans are unwill but unfortunate victims of the global graet game being played between world powers for tens of decades now. Successive super powers of the time occupied their country regardless of wether Afghans wanted them in or not. Multiple Afghan generations have gone through destructive, devastating, and exteremely painful wars between different world powers since 1070s, Nato being the latest brutal occupation force. It is seen by Afghans as the enemy that has killed hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Afghans during last two decades. Afghans want this occupation force out of their country as stipulated in the peace agreement between Afghan Islamic Emirate and Nato. No one really doubts that Turks are well-wishers of Muslims all over the world. But the presence of Turk Nato troops will be a violation of that peace agreement. It is more of a symbolic and legal issue in nature. Turkish troops guarding installations (including the Kabul airport or whatever else) will be deemed as interference in Afghan affairs by outside world by protecting the puppet regime of Ashraf Ghani. Yes, he was elected but every one know from where these disgraced puppets (such as Karazai and Ashraf Ghani) came from. They were brought in by the occupation forces from Europe/America and installed on Afghans. The fighting was between the Afghan Taliban (who represented the toppled Afghan government) and the occupation forces. The peace agreement was signed between the occupation forces and Emirate Islami Afghanistan (that was represented by Afghan Taliban). Nato completely abandoned the puppet regime of Ghani during the negotiations and the signing of the peace agreement. So Afghan Taliban represent Afghanistan (as accepted by signing the peace agreement with them and begging for a peaceful withdrawal of Nato forces from Afghanistan). Any attempt to support that puppet regime is logically not supported by Afghan Taliban. No one doubts the good intentions of Turks. But any one providing support or protecting the puppet regime of Ashraf Ghani is out of question.

The Turks have given asylum and support to Dostum eventhough many Pakistanis and Erdogan fan boys often think Turks are uber Muslim army and country defending Muslim "brothers" if push comes to shove the Turks would chose their Turkic brethren any day look at their sentiments towards Arabs and Kurds and know why

If you think we support Taliban out of some religious sentiment you'd be wrong. They are the only faction we wield influence over - the Turks will support the faction they wield influence over.

What do they stand to gain from staying? I wonder what their aim is. NATO wasn't able to provide a Tajik/Uzbek controlled Afghanistan, Turkey won't be able to either. Maybe they just want to provide safe passage for the people who are their assets?

Uzbeks not Tajiks. I could understand but Talibs are not in war with the Uzbeks they are allies.
Lol, All Arab, Uzbek, Chechian groups work under "Al Qaeda Network" with different names.
Pakistan could use it's relations with Turkey to target Indian presence within Afghanistan under the guise of fighting terrorism.

Turkey is NATO. Lol
NATO is US puppet.

Do not confuse with Erdogan.

These two are brothers, only talk, talk and talk..

duterte.jpg

erdo.jpg

Last edited:
Turkey definitely needs to leave Afghanistan as they are part of the Nato. However Pakistan, Afghanistan new government which will be formed after the collapse of the current government, Turkey and the neighbouring countries need to maintain close relationship with all groups so Afghanistan can be peaceful. Pakistan needs to form close relationship with the Taliban, Hazaras, Uzbecks and Tajikis. Not sure why we failed to do that. Pakistan need to up their diplomacy.

Turks would chose their Turkic brethren
Actually wrong. That is all talk. When it comes to practical action Turks will ONLY stand by their American, British, French brothers. This is a fact. Not only would they stand by their gora brothers that Paks despise - but Turks would spill blood for them. What do you think NATO is? A cooking club?

Arabs and Kurds and know why
Turks hate Arabs and some even hate Kurds although the latter hate is mitigated because many are Turkish citizens. But hate for Arabs is deep and universal in the Turkish public.

There is nothing wrong with this. The Turks are not driven by Islam or other farty sentiments but simple self interests. What gives the Turkish economy and state benefits they chase. Which is why Istanbul now looks better than London. While look at the state of ummah chasing Pakistan.

@Dai Toruko your leader appears to be a NATO lackey. What an unfortunate, isnt it? Or maybe its a fortunate thing to cooperate with Israeli embassy in Ankara while advancing NATO plans in Muslim world? How did it go in Syria Btw? Looks like the old lackey failed to appease its Lord thanks to our presence there.
Don't you think that this is Libya to tear it apart with American aid. You will be trashed just like Syria, Talibs are aligning interests with Iran and Pakistan. Poor you, American lackey

Turkey must first find the courage to implement Islam in their own country before trying to become the leader of the Muslim world. Upto now they have only made popular TV Dramas like Artugral. Taliban implemented Islam and that is why they were attacked under the False Flag 9/11 incident by Israel. But the Taliban resisted the attack by NATO and USA where all the Kuffar Crusaders in the World gathered to destroy Islam. It was just like the situation in Ghazwa i Khandaq where the Jews and the Quresh gathered all the Arab Kafir tribes to wipe out Islam once and for all. But with the help of new fighting technique of digging a Khandaq from Iran, the Muslims were able to resist the Kuffar. The Jews of Medina tried to subvert from inside but were prevented. Then Allah SWT blew the wind and the tents of the Kuffar lashkar were blown away and they retreated.

And that will "bankrupt" Turkey in no time and turn it into another bombing target for Washington,Moscow and Athens and Turkey's neighbors in the Balkans and Arab world will be in glee to see Turkey go on that route there is reason why Turkey for close to a 100 years has stayed on its long and bumpy path to modernization cause it works Taliban failed why did they last from 1996-2001 hmmmm
Turkey should GTFO of Afghanistan, period.

Ofc they should as with all of NATO combined
If you think we support Taliban out of some religious sentiment you'd be wrong. They are the only faction we wield influence over - the Turks will support the faction they wield influence over.

What do they stand to gain from staying? I wonder what their aim is. NATO wasn't able to provide a Tajik/Uzbek controlled Afghanistan, Turkey won't be able to either. Maybe they just want to provide safe passage for the people who are their assets?
Look Bro you are talking from a the official "Pakistani" Establishment point of view but the vast majority of the "awam" in this forum and in general view Afghanistan and the Taliban as more of a ethno-religious fight against the Kuffur Americans and westerners you have to admit its true as for Turkey it should leave that craphole asap and work with Moscow,Beijing,Tehran,Isb and whatever other regional power there to cement a position but I could tell one thing they will not be privy to the Talibs 100 percent they will always chose their Turkic breatren if push comes to shove

Turkey must first find the courage to implement Islam in their own country before trying to become the leader of the Muslim world. Upto now they have only made popular TV Dramas like Artugral. Taliban implemented Islam and that is why they were attacked under the False Flag 9/11 incident by Israel. But the Taliban resisted the attack by NATO and USA where all the Kuffar Crusaders in the World gathered to destroy Islam. It was just like the situation in Ghazwa i Khandaq where the Jews and the Quresh gathered all the Arab Kafir tribes to wipe out Islam once and for all. But with the help of new fighting technique of digging a Khandaq from Iran, the Muslims were able to resist the Kuffar. The Jews of Medina tried to subvert from inside but were prevented. Then Allah SWT blew the wind and the tents of the Kuffar lashkar were blown away and they retreated.
It's not about implementing Islam in a country. It's about working for a cause (of helping/protecting Muslims across the globe). No one country is really Islamic in pure sense. That doesn't mean no Muslim country can help other Muslims (who need help) just because that country hasn't implemented Islam.

Actually wrong. That is all talk. When it comes to practical action Turks will ONLY stand by their American, British, French brothers. This is a fact. Not only would they stand by their gora brothers that Paks despise - but Turks would spill blood for them. What do you think NATO is? A cooking club?

Turks hate Arabs and some even hate Kurds although the latter hate is mitigated because many are Turkish citizens. But hate for Arabs is deep and universal in the Turkish public.

There is nothing wrong with this. The Turks are not driven by Islam or other farty sentiments but simple self interests. What gives the Turkish economy and state benefits they chase. Which is why Istanbul now looks better than London. While look at the state of ummah chasing Pakistan.

To a extent yes Pan-Turkism is a joke its a Turkish far right wet dream that only gained more traction after the USSR fell in the early 90s but like I said public perception in that country often tends to be somewhat positive to their Balkan and Central Asian ancestors than their Kurdish and Arab citizens hell the Turkish Governments mistreatment of the Kurds is well documented it wasnt until the early 90s that Kurds were considered a separate "ethnic group" they were lumped in as Mountain Turks and Kurdish was banned too
It's not about implementing Islam in a country. It's about working for a cause (of helping/protecting Muslims across the globe). No one country is really Islamic in pure sense. That doesn't mean no Muslim country can help other Muslims (who need help) just because that country hasn't implemented Islam.

Turkey is al talk bro where is that "protection force" for the Palestine now where is the support for Kashmir or the Uyghurs at all

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom