What's new

Turkey to enter top 10 largest economies by 2023

I believe that Turkey would be able to do it. Its situated in the cross roads of Europe and Asia. Also, European and Japanese people are getting older on average. Finally, I would bet that Turkey would surpass the Indian economy in the near future.

In my opinion, entering top 10 largest economies by 2023 is a GOAL for Turkiye. I am not an economist so I am not gonna blabber here. I just want to say one more thing. When I look at the history of Turkish economy, I can see that if the political stability is good, then economy boomed and developed very well. For example, Adnan Menderes period, 1950-1960; Turgut Ozal period 1983-1991, and Recep Tayyip Erdogan period 2002-2012 in all periods Turkiye grew very well and got power in the region. I think our most important problem is political stability. The conflicts, chaos and coups setback Turkish economy. Therefore, our goal depends on those parameters.

In my opinion, entering top 10 largest economies by 2023 is a GOAL for Turkiye. I am not an economist so I am not gonna blabber here. I just want to say one more thing. When I look at the history of Turkish economy, I can see that if the political stability is good, then economy boomed and developed very well. For example, Adnan Menderes period, 1950-1960; Turgut Ozal period 1983-1991, and Recep Tayyip Erdogan period 2002-2012 in all periods Turkiye grew very well and got power in the region. I think our most important problem is political stability. The conflicts, chaos and coups setback Turkish economy. Therefore, our goal depends on those parameters.

You just hit the nail my friend..Political stability..This is the first time in Turkish Republic history, we have such stable government..Thats what we need..The rest..All details that can be sorted out with good economy policy

Its advancing, Not fully advanced. Turkey already made Semi-Domestic Cars with Several brands such as Ford and Renault. Currently we are trying to build Fully domestic Cars for the 2023 vision, We already made several Electric Cars but those are rather inferior to normal. Same goes for Electronic devices.

Personnaly i see Turkey as S.Korea but at its very earlty stages. We work together with Foreig Companies, Do alot of Research and in this way we want to gain enough Know-how to go Domestic.

Until 2020, In order to reach the Top-10 vision that officially accepted by Turkey, We have to reach so great export markets with capturing some Russian and European influence areas, Otherwise It is impossible. Anyhow, The All those future visions has been came into force in order to join among top-10 but Most probably IMF didn't consist of the programs I will mention now When they assess Turkey's rank in 2020-30's...

With National powerpack program(1500-80hp engines), Turkey aims to join into Top-5 Engine manufacturer/exporter country which will brings worth billion $ annually.

Within 2-3 years, Construction of a huge Aviation Conglomeration that hundreds of aviation institutes are going to work for Turkey's and Global civil/military aviation projects, will be established in Ankara next to TAI. With this establishment, Undersecretariat of Turkish defence industry aims 10 billion $ income.

In accordance with same vision known officially, Until 2023, Turkish Aviation industry will try to reveal 2 different model domestic airliner, 2 model domestic utility civil/military helicopter, 1 attack helicopter, 1 fighter aircraft TF-X, 1 jet Trainer F-X, 1 Turboprop trainer aircraft Hurkus, 1 unmanned fighter aircraft and some different kind of MALE/HALE UAV's.

Teknopark Istanbul, One of the biggest teknopark project of Turkey. Construction of this huge R&D center is continuing. Turkey invites many institutes all around the World which is going to work on Aerospace, Space, Naval industry, Advanced Material, Advanced Electronic, Industrial software..etc areas. With only this project, SSM aims to gain more than 1000 institutes with +30000 R&D engineers who are going to work on Turkey's R&D projects. Teknopark project is just one of them.

R&D pay of total GDP will be %3 until 2020's.

Until 2023, Construction of min 3 Nuclear Reactors have been completed.

Along with BMC, Otokar, Karsan truck, bus, midibus institutes, There will be a Turkish model car brend which is known globally with quality, aftersale opportunities, distributorship...etc

Those are what I remembered.

I think Turkey will need to activate full national potential. Istanbul, Ankara & Izmir as main economy engines are not sufficient to fulfill this aim. Is there any news of a possibly new big economy zone?

Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) generally defines corruption as "the abuse of entrusted power for private gain".

what-we-do-landing-image.jpg

Very meaningful graphic, isn't it?

The 2010 CPI draws on 13 different surveys and assessments from 10 independent institutions. The 13 surveys/assessments are either business people opinion surveys or performance assessments from a group of analysts. Countries must be assessed by at least three sources to appear in the CPI.

The CPI ranks 178 countries "on a scale from 10 (very clean) to 0 (highly corrupt).

2000px-World_Map_Index_of_perception_of_corruption_2010.svg.png

2010 Corruption Perceptions Index shows that nearly three quarters of the 178 countries covered score
below five.

At this Wiki page the changes of Corruption Perceptions Index is given from 2002 to 2011. Look at Turkey how has changed the position with Greece during this period although not acceptable performance through the recent years. Other interesting data is the very bad performance of Israel's government in the same time, but still higher CPI than all in the middle east. And the last point is personally I am not glad to see the performance of Ahmadinejad!

In case one is eager to know more, I recommend:
Interactive map + detailed information
Transparency International Annual Report 2010

What makes you think so? Turkey's population is at a disadvantage with bigger countries such as Brazil, Indonesia, Mexico, Russia etc. I don't know but it seems very hard. Not that it matters, I mean who cares if you're the 10th or 13th biggest economy in the world. Wealth distribution is far more important, and health care and social security in general!
WHY???
JAPAN BEING SUCH A SMALL COUNTRY CAN BECOME A G8 ECONOMY, SO WHY CAN'T TURKEY?????..........YOU NEED BRAINS AND HARDWORK,EXPERTISE BRO, NOT JUST POPULATION MATTERS....EVEN POPULATION SOMETIMES PLAYS A NEGETIVE ROLE IN DEVELOPMENT!!!!!!

I think Turkey will need to activate full national potential. Istanbul, Ankara & Izmir as main economy engines are not sufficient to fulfill this aim. Is there any news of a possibly new big economy zone?

Azeri region of Iran is a growth engine of Iranian economy and i heard that due to sanctions on side and ethnic similarity, intelligible language with Turks on the other side forced and facilitate Iranian Azeris to open their businesses in Turkey.

I would want Azerbaijan and Turkey to Join , not exactly one country but no visas , same foreign policy and everything

Back
Top Bottom