What's new

Turkey’s S-400 vs F-35 dilemma in 2019

F-35 vs S-400; If Turkey had to choose one, which one should it choose?

• F-35

• S-400

Results are only viewable after voting.
Any updates?

Our enemies are plenty. Every year they buy new fighters. We need to buy something as a stop gap until the TFX is released....

Any updates?

Our enemies are plenty. Every year they buy new fighters. We need to buy something as a stop gap until the TFX is released....
there will be no stop gap! we will continue with our F 16s ! Most of our F 16 were CCIP modernized and standardized, remaining block 30s will be upgraded with AESA, avionics, cockpit... etc.

Last edited:
there will be no stop gap! we will continue with our F 16s ! Most of our F 16 were CCIP modernized and standardized, remaining block 30s will be upgraded with AESA, avionics, cockpit... etc

It appears as if we will be in a multi front conflict in the next 5 or 10 years. We should at least double down on unmanned aircraft that are capable at anti-aircraft missions. Otherwise our assets will be overstretched.

Any updates?

They buy jets but also lose 5 of them in a year(egypt) the second enemy is greece but honestly it’s pathetic to consider them as enemy israel is frenemy they certainly don’t have plans nor enough money to go into war against Turkey the rest of the enemies are non-state terror groups(haftar feto pkk) a drone would be enough for them
I don’t think TAF needs new fighter jets for now but if things aren’t going well with hurjet/TF-X we can expect in 2022 serious interest from TuAF to order jets(most likely candidates would be F-16V and F-35)

It appears as if we will be in a multi front conflict in the next 5 or 10 years. We should at least double down on unmanned aircraft that are capable at anti-aircraft missions. Otherwise our assets will be overstretched.
The only conflict which could happen is in eastern mediterranean but Turkey doesn’t have to engage directly if it feels that the opposing side has the edge
Iranian-style attacking the so called east med pipeline is enough to win the gas war without entering an actual war
I hope the necessary work regarding establishing proxy groups in northern cyprus for future actions is being done

What kind of a BS is that. We’re not going to get any new F16 or f35 at all. Not since rte pissed it all up, we’re Burning bridges and only got ourselves now. Every western country will sell airplanes with strings attached, IF they sell.

They buy jets but also lose 5 of them in a year(egypt) the second enemy is greece but honestly it’s pathetic to consider them as enemy israel is frenemy they certainly don’t have plans nor enough money to go into war against Turkey the rest of the enemies are non-state terror groups(haftar feto pkk) a drone would be enough for them
I don’t think TAF needs new fighter jets for now but if things aren’t going well with hurjet/TF-X we can expect in 2022 serious interest from TuAF to order jets(most likely candidates would be F-16V and F-35)

The only conflict which could happen is in eastern mediterranean but Turkey doesn’t have to engage directly if it feels that the opposing side has the edge
Iranian-style attacking the so called east med pipeline is enough to win the gas war without entering an actual war
I hope the necessary work regarding establishing proxy groups in northern cyprus for future actions is being done

The egyptians are a paper tiger and now guess what, their main backers money is drying up and that at an even faster rate then before lol.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/gulfs-financial-wealth-could-be-over-in-15-years-imf.652893/page-4

What kind of a BS is that. We’re not going to get any new F16 or f35 at all. Not since rte pissed it all up, we’re Burning bridges and only got ourselves now. Every western country will sell airplanes with strings attached, IF they sell.
They always sell fighter with strings attached
Turkey got the right to modify F-13 block 30 in 2011 a jet version which was 40 years old

The egyptians are a paper tiger and now guess what, their main backers money is drying up and that at an even faster rate then before lol.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/gulfs-financial-wealth-could-be-over-in-15-years-imf.652893/page-4
Egyptians are joke but still had to include them in the enemy list as long as it is under anti-turkish powers’ control
It’s enough to see egyptian military(gay) parade to form an opinion about their capabilities

Egyptians are joke but still had to include them in the enemy list
It’s enough to see egyptian military(gay) parade to form an opinion about their capabilities

Its just interesting because my prediction again became true that the Gulfs will be fucked and by that extension the egys as well.

Will open up a borderwall thread soon lol because these are futureless nations and will cause and already causing us headaches a lil bit differently.

Its just interesting because my prediction again became true that the Gulfs will be fucked and by that extension the egys as well.

Will open up a borderwall thread soon lol because these are futureless nations and will cause and already causing us headaches a lil bit differently.
They will cause the refugee problem but i think good lesson is learned from syrian refugees same mistake won’t be repeated again

They will cause the refugee problem but i think good lesson is learned from syrian refugees same mistake won’t be repeated again

Their population is skyrocketing lol Iraq will have a population of 60 million in 15 years imagine, saudi one of 40, yemen 40million as well.

Bro, I will open up a borderwall thread soon because thats trouble ahead for us because these people are futureless. Failed states, they had oil and now that oil is going to vanish and when it fully vanishes they will move north guess to where...

Last edited:
Just Saw this

Cooperation with Pakistan may include support from paf ?
There’s already great cooperation with Pakistan in the last few years we have significantly increased defense exercises(air navy land) between the two states
Whether Pakistan would come into help if Turkey is in war with another state that’s almost impossible to answer right now during peacetime
I would like to see hgk lgk or teber kits exported to Pakistan in the near future

Their population is skyrocketing lol Iraq will have a population of 60 million in 15 years imagine, saudi one of 40, yemen 40million as well.

Bro, I will open up a borderwall thread soon because thats trouble ahead for us because these people are futureless. Failed states, they had oil and now that oil is going to vanish and when it fully vanishes they will move north guess to where...
I fear that Turkey would become Germany
Even bloomerg(a newspaper who isn’t usually friendly towards turks) predicts that Turkey would become top 10 world economy
As you know german government and german companies don’t give a shit about national interest they would import everything from everywhere as long as economy is run by cheap labor
I sincerely hope same greed won’t take over Turkey because that would mean total collapse of the turkish national identity/history

As of now we dont even need those migrants, Turkeys population is enough, there is always a need for skilled people everywehre in the world but u can throw the arabs in the bin they are good for nothing, the persians are to a certain extent fine because they also speak turkish but arabs are the most problematic ones and there needs to be a solution for that, one which erdogan is aware that he cant shy away from anymore.

But this is Off topic so .. lets hope that they have plans for a massive borderwall from syria all the way to armenia.

As of now we dont even need those migrants, Turkeys population is enough, there is always a need for skilled people everywehre in the world but u can throw the arabs in the bin they are good for nothing, the persians are to a certain extent fine because they also speak turkish but arabs are the most problematic ones and there needs to be a solution for that, one which erdogan is aware that he cant shy away from anymore.

But this is Off topic so .. lets hope that they have plans for a massive borderwall from syria all the way to armenia.

Stop the armenians too a lot of them are women who work as prostitutes.

I am talking about post 2030 when according to all experts turkish population will be in free fall plus when turkish people get more wealthy in the future all the peasant work will be left to immigrants and here you have opportunity for arabs and persians(i regard kurds as persians as well because this is fact imagine if a turk from izmir starts calling himself izmirian instead of turk it’s a joke right!?!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom