What's new

Turkey’s S-400 vs F-35 dilemma in 2019

F-35 vs S-400; If Turkey had to choose one, which one should it choose?

• F-35

• S-400

Results are only viewable after voting.
@TheMightyBender

A lot of former Turkisj Airforce commander are not talking good about F35. I am putting congres and American ambargo aside, what about this?

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...s/news-story/12b4fafce6b579448cc8416518063d1f
I will not attempt to respond to the news article because I am not informed enough on this incidence. It could be a number of things, for example:
1- It is a flat out lie.
2- It is a minor issue that is highly exaggerated.
3- It was a mistake in the programming that was fixed later.
4- etc.

But I will mention this: who is the source on this? If you read closely they dont have a single source in the news article. It is not clear who is making this claim.

But all of this is irrelevant. We ought not be dealing with the specifics of some irregularities in operation, these kinds of things happen everywhere. What we need to ask is simply this: has Norway cancelled its orders? Has it sued Lockheed Martin for espionage? Has it sought to buy another plane? Has it grounded its F-35s until the issue is resolved.

The answer to all of these questions is a big no.

The reason could be two things, either the Norwegian government and military are dumb, or the issue is not the way it is portrayed in the media. I will let you choose which one.

The US Senate and PENTAGON always will block transfer of F-35s to Turkiye , even if Turkiye cancel S400 deal

everything has began in 2009 DAVOS when Erdogan criticized Israel over Palestine issue
also in 2010 attack on Mavi Marmara by Israel
and in 2011 Americans said that why we allowed Turkiye to join the JSF program which was the biggest mistake we made

never forget that , the US support Israel-Greece-Egypt alliance against Turkiye in the Eastern Mediterranean ,
also the US wants to destroy territorial integrity of Turkiye,Iraq and Syria for Israeli interests ........ still you are talking about F-35 .. forget about American weapons ( in a war , without American permission Turkish F-35s even can not take off )

We should prefer long range BORA and GEZGIN Missiles up to 800-1.000km instead of American control flying computer F-35s for deterrence in the region

even F-4s , F-16s , AKSUNGUR , AKINCI UCAVs can carry SOM cruise missile
and 230+ F-16s , HISAR-O and SIPER Air Defense Systems , also AKINCI and MIUS UCAVs will carry 65km GOKDOGAN air to air missiles with AESA Radar to protect Turkish Airspace

also if needed , Turkiye can activate S400s in 48 hours

and Turkiye should do everything to develop the TFX Fighter Jet

so We should focus on long range Ballistic and Cruise Missiles ..... no need pilot , no need operation cost and no need maintenance but very big deterrence

Last edited:
I will not attempt to respond to the news article because I am not informed enough on this incidence. It could be a number of things, for example:
1- It is a flat out lie.
2- It is a minor issue that is highly exaggerated.
3- It was a mistake in the programming that was fixed later.
4- etc.

But I will mention this: who is the source on this? If you read closely they dont have a single source in the news article. It is not clear who is making this claim.

But all of this is irrelevant. We ought not be dealing with the specifics of some irregularities in operation, these kinds of things happen everywhere. What we need to ask is simply this: has Norway cancelled its orders? Has it sued Lockheed Martin for espionage? Has it sought to buy another plane? Has it grounded its F-35s until the issue is resolved.

The answer to all of these questions is a big no.

The reason could be two things, either the Norwegian government and military are dumb, or the issue is not the way it is portrayed in the media. I will let you choose which one.

come one who are you to decide that is exaggerated? This kind things happens everywher so we should not mind it and go for the fighter:-)? Sorry former airforce commander and the article much acceptable then what you write. I am not her for showing what dumb is or not.

As long as TF-X won't be operational and have a dedicated naval version along with it, the Turkish air force gap between the mediterranean countries will be worse than filling in the gap, they will surpass us in quality and absolute quantity.

The S400-500 won't even reach it's potential in Turkish usage. With the f-35 and all it's strings attached, is a capable 5th gen platform that would've fulfilled multiple doctrines and connect all branches of the TSK. S400 won't save us from saturated attacks, with F35 you can do both air defence and beyond.

S400 has many alternatives while F-35 simply doesn't. We didn't get technology transfer with this purchase and co-production is still a rumor.

As long as TF-X won't be operational and have a dedicated naval version along with it, the Turkish air force gap between the mediterranean countries will be worse than filling in the gap, they will surpass us in quality and absolute quantity.

The S400-500 won't even reach it's potential in Turkish usage. With the f-35 and all it's strings attached, is a capable 5th gen platform that would've fulfilled multiple doctrines and connect all branches of the TSK. S400 won't save us from saturated attacks, with F35 you can do both air defence and beyond.

S400 has many alternatives while F-35 simply doesn't. We didn't get technology transfer with this purchase and co-production is still a rumor.
But what if the US restricts the use of the F35 for Turkey - what if the IFF does not allow us to operate? each of you should know that the United States decides on the IFF .. think about it

But what if the US restricts the use of the F35 for Turkey - what if the IFF does not allow us to operate? each of you should know that the United States decides on the IFF .. think about it

Yes, the Americans could try to restrict us in operations against Greece and maybe Cyprus which is still unlikely. Other countries aren't NATO and Turkey is still the only country acting in interest of NATO and especially of the USA in regards to Libya and Middle East. Who knows in 50 years things could change but if the US has ill intent and wants to pursue that; they can offer vegetables and fruits for prices lower than what Turkish farmers produce and completely collapse jobs and people's money. IFF is friendly for all NATO countries. Weapons are in co operation with American and European firms. The only thing that makes the F-35 restrictive is that it can be tracked 24/7. A kill switch won't be activated(if it exists) because situations that would require them won't be happening. (Turkey vs Greece and/or USA and/or Israel)

The F-35 simply doesn't have an alternative. That's the only issue I see and we gave it away. Who cares if the S400 is simply an excuse? We gave them a reason to bitch about it and Israel is lobbying hard on this.

(Yeah the source is greek) just wnat to know, the turkish point of view abouyt s400 missile. Are s400 hits the target?

Back
Top Bottom