What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Guys, as I remember TuAF had issued invitations for a tender of Light Transport Aircrft before and the candidates were C-27J and CN-295. Any update on that?

Guys, as I remember TuAF had issued invitations for a tender of Light Transport Aircrft before and the candidates were C-27J and CN-295. Any update on that?
Wouldn’t picking CN-295 be better option since we might be producing it ourselves.

Wouldn’t picking CN-295 be better option since we might be producing it ourselves.
As I remember CN-295 has a thinner hull than C-27J and the TuAF needed a plane that has a thicker hull than CN-235. Because of that, as I heard, TuAF was opting for C-27J.

As I remember CN-295 has a thinner hull than C-27J and the TuAF needed a plane that has a thicker hull than CN-235. Because of that, as I heard, TuAF was opting for C-27J.

By "thicker hull", do you mean they wanted a wider bodied aircraft in order to have more internal volume?

If we made an aircraft which had a huge radar cross section could we make it look like it's an airliner or cargo plane to enemy radars?

So pretty much the complete opposite of stealth. "Yes you can see me but you shouldn't shoot me down"

The purpose of the light transport aircraft project is to provide a longer-bodied aircraft rather than a wide-bodied aircraft. An airplane with the capacity to carry quite main rotor blades of the CH-47F helicopters is required. So it is much more likely to choose C-295.

If we made an aircraft which had a huge radar cross section could we make it look like it's an airliner or cargo plane to enemy radars?

So pretty much the complete opposite of stealth. "Yes you can see me but you shouldn't shoot me down"

I don't think so. If they see an enemy aircraft, they will not consider it is a fighter or not. Just shoot it down.
Also, I think they don't see your aircraft as fighter or not. If the plane has a stealth feature, it looks smaller so they can track it late.

I don't think so. If they see an enemy aircraft, they will not consider it is a fighter or not. Just shoot it down.
Also, I think they don't see your aircraft as fighter or not. If the plane has a stealth feature, it looks smaller so they can track it late.

Not to mention the transponder signal which big aircrafts has, to identify itself as a non military aircraft.

As you know, aviation regulations are written in blood, so rules for certification have started to be introduced in this area. Rules for how to use electric motors in aviation started to be introduced. The basis of this is the battery, so remarkable investments are being made in battery technology. One thing I oppose is that when foreign countries develop a new product, we try to imitate it as well, believing that there must be a reason behind it. This is just plain wrong. There is already a paradigm shift in the world, and everyone has just started to develop VTOL, so what we need to do simultaneously is to focus on new battery technologies. We want to achieve 500-watt hours/kg. If this technology matures, we will then design and launch VTOL vehicles with battery technology rather than with fuel.

Source: defenceturkey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom