What's new

turkish F 16's being locally produced..

Jango

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
can pakistan buy F 16 from turky since they manufacture them locally and if so....will it be without the strings attached to F16's that pakistan already has?

can pakistan buy F 16 from turky since they manufacture them locally and if so....will it be without the strings attached to F16's that pakistan already has?

We do not produce F-16s unless contracted by Lockheed Martin. It is not our aircraft they own all rights to it. TAI must be contracted by them.

so turkey just assembles them??

but you have to seek permission from US...??and strings are attached....and what about the F 16's you are producing for egypt...same situation?

why dont you guys concentrate on the new JF 17 then old F 16?

i still believe that until the JF 17's see 2 or so years in service and get a mark 2 kinda version...we still have to rely on F 16's....

why dont you guys concentrate on the new JF 17 then old F 16?

i am sick of you punks.. y don't u rely on locally assembled MKI and Tejaz, why do you actually need 126 aircraft. its our choice, it has nothing to do with you even if we buy 100 old f-16s. mind your own business PUNK

but you have to seek permission from US...??and strings are attached....and what about the F 16's you are producing for egypt...same situation?

LM contracted us to build those for Egypt.

You can't just start building another companies aircraft whenever you like to.

F-16s are also jointly produced Turkey is not the only country that makes parts for it. Greece also makes certain parts.

I was reading on Wekipedia that F-16 arent that good, It might be multi-role but its getting really old compared to many modern fighters.
I think we should just concentrate on the JF-17 and hope fully get some J-10B's. With the foreign upgrades to Radar and fly by wire systems to the JF-17 we can have a competitive fighter at a cheaper cost compared to the F-16.

dont damn waste our money on PAF . we have to make more hospitals and schools with this money rather then buy multi million $$ toys for these rich kids joy riding .

so pakistan can get some falcons from turkey in an emergency situations right?

I was reading on Wekipedia that F-16 arent that good, It might be multi-role but its getting really old compared to many modern fighters.
I think we should just concentrate on the JF-17 and hope fully get some J-10B's. With the foreign upgrades to Radar and fly by wire systems to the JF-17 we can have a competitive fighter at a cheaper cost compared to the F-16.

The new versions of F-16 are also pretty good and comparable to other modern fighters. Do look at the price tag of F-16s and other jets and you'd understand that the Jet is good for the Money.

dont damn waste our money on PAF . we have to make more hospitals and schools with this money rather then buy multi million $$ toys for these rich kids joy riding .

if we don't buy, believe my that money will also be wasted in corruption and you still dream about hospital and schools

just save the money that is wasted in corruptions and u can build school and hospital in each village of Pakistan

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom