What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

there isn't just desert around turkey - first.
second - turkey needs some kind of a light tank to defend its land within its borders.
third - what about:
Kaplan 20, Kaplan 30 NG-AFV, Tulpar IFV ? Got these projects canceled?
Don't think Turkey will ever be in a position to use tanks within it's borders. It's not in Turkish doctrine to use own soil as a battlezone besides militias/civil war. Kaplan tanks could be used in amphious landings securing beachheads and towns. The vehicles you mentioned don't have any orders afaik except for Tulpar which is suposed to complement Altay but that's years away and I don't see the budget for it.

Don't think Turkey will ever be in a position to use tanks within it's borders. It's not in Turkish doctrine to use own soil as a battlezone besides militias/civil war. Kaplan tanks could be used in amphious landings securing beachheads and towns. The vehicles you mentioned don't have any orders afaik except for Tulpar which is suposed to complement Altay but that's years away and I don't see the budget for it.
The Turkish Armed Forces must be ready for every scenario including internal conflict. Turkey is a country in which nobody knows what would happen tomorrow. The combination of multiple factors can get us very easy in the same type of situation like the 2015-2016 city operations. There M48 and M60A3 were used effectively as light tanks serving the most like destroying barricades and the IED mechanisms inside them under harsh environment without risking the infantry forces lives. They were also effectively used as fire support which would eliminate targets behind laws or corners. I think that small amount of light tanks must be procured as you said for the amphibious guys and maybe for urban operations where 105mm bore makes a difference but it should not be a priority in any case.

Very nice, but why again fail with using a Star Safire HLD FLIR and not Aselsan - 400 or something.

Secondly since we use Star safile HLD the US is momentary not applying embargo on laser designators anymore (but embargoes can be implemented any time again). Stupid to use Start Safire!

...US is momentary not applying embargo on laser designators anymore...

OMG! OMG! OMG! Last time I checked, this shouldn't be the case. Do you have any more info on this! Even the MX-15Ds came without designators to avoid ITAR. Star Safire is so advanced compared to the MX-15D or other Aselsan products, and it is even considered a strategic asset. Its image resolution and zoom quality are absolutely unparalleled. Ahhhh man, I really really wish that, someday, Aselsan can come up with something on par with at least MX-15D :(

knds-embt-european-main-battle-tank-1.jpg

Why not we are just put altay's turret to leopard 2a4 chassis like germans did on embt project. Altay turret is very promising againts heat and ke ammos.

Also 120 mm L/55 cannon better than L-44 ones.

knds-embt-european-main-battle-tank-1.jpg

Why not we are just put altay's turret to leopard 2a4 chassis like germans did on embt project. Altay turret is very promising againts heat and ke ammos.

Also 120 mm L/55 cannon better than L-44 ones.

There should have been some question,

Is it engineeringly possible/valuable?
Do we have modernization right not LEO2?
Does benefit of the new turret can pay the all cost?

There should have been some question,

Is it engineeringly possible/valuable?
Do we have modernization right not LEO2?
Does benefit of the new turret can pay the all cost?

Yes it's possible and valuable just because , our only battle survival tanks are 160 m-60 sabra with tm fırat upgrade.

Yes we have otherwise we cant be able to make leo2 next generation upgrade.

Yes he can pay. With standart leo2a4 modernization maybe our tank will resist L/55 cannon from front and also heats. But he cant be able penetrate modern tanks without L-55 cannon and dm-53 class Ke. Without it Leo2 moded tank is not equal to leo2a6 hel.

Yes it's possible and valuable just because , our only battle survival tanks are 160 m-60 sabra with tm fırat upgrade.

Are we sure the turret of ALTAY can fit the LEO2 body? I mean engineeringly we can make a new turret capable of the same thing with ALTAY but it needs investment. Without any new investment can current fit that body?
Yes we have otherwise we cant be able to make leo2 next generation upgrade.
Okay we got right to make modernization previously we can get it again

Are we sure the turret of ALTAY can fit the LEO2 body? I mean engineeringly we can make a new turret capable of the same thing with ALTAY but it needs investment. Without any new investment can current fit that body?

Altay chassis of copy of the k2 and also k2 chassis copy of the leo 2a6. Maybe turret ring a will be problem but it can be adaptable. And for me it's more easier than creating a new turret for leo 2a4 wich consist of extra nera + era armour complex + yamgöz + lwr+ rcws + akkor/pulat etc. Germans do it greatly on embt project.

120 mm are enough to damage or destroy current tanks.

L-44 Gun cant penetrate with dm-53 current modern tanks from front (leo 2a6, m1a2c, altay, k-2, armata)

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-07-01-103658-www-youtube-com.png

Thats penetration values of L-44 with apfsds. With most advanced dm-53 ammo they can penetrate 850 mm from 2 km an 750 km from 4 km . 950mm ke resisted m1a2 and 1400mm ke resisted leopard 2a7 can resisted to him easily.

M1A2_SEP_frontLOS.jpg

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-07-01-103800-www-youtube-com.png

Diametr and length was the problem of 70ies when modern chemical components and metallurgy didn't achieve today's knowladge.
Guys on those days people started designing unmanned tanks you seem to stuck with tank guns.
If you stick with ww2 mentality, you should be aware of that no matter how powerful were the Hitler's tanks, allies destroyed them with less powerful T34 and Furries.
Quantity overwhelmed quality.

If i were asked , first i would prefer producing medium tanks such as Otokar Tulpar. Because the engines for medium tanks are in touch.
At the end of the day 10ton STAs with ATGM are ultimate solution.

L-44 Gun cant penetrate with dm-53 current modern tanks from front (leo 2a6, m1a2c, altay, k-2, armata)

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-07-01-103658-www-youtube-com.png

Thats penetration values of L-44 with apfsds. With most advanced dm-53 ammo they can penetrate 850 mm from 2 km an 750 km from 4 km . 950mm ke resisted m1a2 and 1400mm ke resisted leopard 2a7 can resisted to him easily.

M1A2_SEP_frontLOS.jpg

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-07-01-103800-www-youtube-com.png

No need to hit the front side or destroy whole tank.

No need to hit the front side or destroy whole tank.
İf you catch up tank from sides you will be real luckiest person. That boys generally makes tank fights face to face. On the other hand without penetrating you can win the battle but not war.

Back
Top Bottom