What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

FSA received almost everything/support we gave/give the Kurds, but they still performed poorly against ISIS compared to the Kurds who just needed some support and logistics to take on ISIS. Reason we also started supporting the Kurds instead of just the FSA. we still support and train both only that the so-called FSA still performs poorly when we let them lead the front lines. So we have o choice than to support the best alternative/group against ISIS I.e the Kurds.
THERE ARE NO GOOD/EASY CHOICES IN THIS CONFLICT/REGION. WE CAN ONLY CHOOSE THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS , which in the case for much of the world is the Kurds . :)

Moreover, I don't understand this apprehension you people have in this. Afterall, even Iran has its own Kurdish issue/rebel group, but I don't see them being so woke up against the Kurds in Syria, the are rightly focused on fighting ISIS , FSA , Al nusra and other rebel groups and virtually ignore the kurds. Why you people don't follow their example? :)
You look at the situation as if it is one case, but the problem is; ypg and pkk are directly related to each other. All that support the West (US and some major EU countries) gives to the ypg, will be used by the ypg/pkk against Turkey. It is extremely shortsighted of the West to continue to prop up the ypg and allow them to capture that much without any consideration. In fact, the West knows very well what it is doing despite Turkey's objection, but they have their agenda for ypg, hence the Turkish intervention.

Looking at the ypg's performance during the last week, they are just as miserable as the fsa, isis or even Assad's forces as long as they don't have the backing of a serious air force. ypg, crumbled in the face of the fsa and Turkish army.

Iran and Assad are foremost focused on fighting the fsa, then isis and co, then ypg. fsa are closest to Assad and thus pose a direct threat to Damascus (was it not for Russian and Iranian intervention to a lesser degree).
ypg in the north forms no threat for Assad right now, but that doesn't mean Assad and Iran will allow the ypg/pkk to get stronger. Furthermore, Im sure they counted on Turkey to intervene, because they knew Turkey would not allow the ypg to claim more land in the north under the disguise of fighting isis.

Turkey in the past clearly said that a safe-zone was needed, the US didn't listen while France supported it, now we see that the US tried to trick us by sending the SDF (majority ypg) into the west of the Euphrates, exactly where Turkey always wanted to create a safe-zone with its allies. No to Turkey's request to make a safe-zone and eliminate isis there (there was no SDF or ypg in the west of the Euphrates back then), but yes to ypg taking over this region according to the US? nope, we won't fall for that game.

Because the ypg is a bigger threat than isis. Both need to go, but ypg first if a priority must be made. The fact that the US and some EU countries cry so much about the ypg clearly shows that Turkey hit a nerve. Instead of crying, why don't they come and work together with a NATO ally in order to remove isis AND ypg, which is clearly tied to the pkk, which is on the terror list of the EU and US? :sniper:The West's reluctance to do so is yet another indication of their hidden agenda :nono: Turkey and the regional countries won't allow the US to create a proxy/vassal state that easily :-)

I stand by my word.

Nobody force you to.

Just watch your mouth, that your brother (of son, father, whatever) @anon45 is officially a terror supporter as his country is, and all he does is posting in favor of terrorism in Turkish section since a long time.

@cabatli_53 thread ban these flaming(!) trolls and let them watch from afar what Turkey does and how Turkish Army kills without a single mercy their true brothers (nationals) among US backed terror organization YPG, from afar like a dog.

I challenge you to find where I have supported terrorist attacks against Turkey, or anywhere in fact. Otherwise I consider this flame-baiting and If you continue to call me a terrorism supporter I will report for ranting and personal attacks...

şu conilere biri bisiktrolu tavsiye etsin, bi bakarsın iyi gelir :D
bisiktrol_359096_m.jpg

Nah........don't take it seriously . They are just emotional, which is understandable in such a situation. :D
I suppose so. This is the best thread for updates on the mess in northern Syria. The emotion from some posters here is repugnant though with the lack of thought behind them. If I'd been salivating over the death of Turkish soldiers is one thing, but some of these posters cheapen the meaning of terrorist supporter to 'someone who disagrees with me'. Its repugnant and stifles free speech, and turns logical argument to emotional blathering. even the best of us can fall in that trap...

Ummm, these were my points. Calm down with CAPS. Your beloved Kurds would be 1/100 what you claim without Air Support. That was shown at Kobani. It wasn't that the FSA was ineffective, maybe low in numbers but it was more that they weren't the right "type" in the eyes of your mob to be given control. In fact, the FSA had too close a relationship with Erdogan for you and your Pals across the Atlantic to live with... Hence, Kurdistan was promised... Again.
Huh.....you mean we have been supporting the FSA all these while because they had too close a relationship with Erdogan??? How does that even work?
To be honest, Erdogan never even came into our leaders mind during our policies in Syria until recently.

"UPDATE: Death toll goes up to 2 as Turkish soldiers attack civilians protesting building of wall on Kobane border."

I realize that its a terrorist account but they are bitching about something. Probably refusal by Turkey of unrestricted movement between Kobane and their imagined "north kurdistan". A wall/barrier of some sorts will go a long way in psyops vs the extremist kurds. A hissy fit just like the ones afghanistanis have with Pakistan.

If they managed to get killed by tear gas and water canon......they are pretty weak.

If they had acted like this palestine they would be shot by plastic bullets.

Turkey can and should do much more against PKK in Syria. All those foreign combatants probably came thru Turkey. The must be stopped, arrested, and charged with terrorism. Trade should be restricted along the border that is currently controlled by PKK affiliates. Let them try to survive trading with KRG, Assad, ISIS, Iraq, and FSA and see where it gets them. They are panicking and have also started fronts against Assad. They are losing economically even as it is right now. Push them over and let the world see the consequences of a delusional pursuit of a pipe-dream called "rojava".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom