What's new

Turkish Students Win International Micro Satellite Competition

Deno

Reaction score
A 6-member team from Istanbul Technical University (ITU) has won international micro satellite competition held in Texas, US.

Hezarfen, the team of ITU Faculty of Aeronautics and Astronautics, got the first place in the contestorganized by American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics and American Astronomical Society.

The Turkish team was the winner among 21 teams including leading universities such as , Virginia Tech, UCSD and IIT.

In the competition sponsored by NASA, Ball Aerospace, Naval Research Laboratory, Praxis and Solid Works, Hezarfen got the highest points in both final design and flying performance, outpacing all its rivals.

Turkish Diary

Congrats to our guys for beating University of Michigan!

:oops::partay:

Congrats!

Does Turkey posses the capability to launch multiple micro-satellites?

Built one? Yes, as we can see here even our students can do that but launch one? no we can't launch satallites. :(

Satellite technology and propellant technology are two very different things. In fact satellite technology is much much harder than propellant technology. The only reason why Iran and N.Korea are trying to launch their own satellites is because no one would launch it for them. Turkey can easily work on a satellite launch vehicle and be done with it from 4-6 years but it is not cost effective.

It is much cheaper to book a space in a SLV than to start the whole Multi-Bilion dollar process.

so a satellite is harder to make than a SLV? man i knew you people were dumb but this just beyond everything.
you pathetic fool, people can make satellites as college projects and you think still SLV are easier to make?

There is different classes to everything ranging from easy to hard in all scientific fields. To make a 250Kg self guiding earth observation satellite is different than making a small communication satellite. To make a satellite with a 25 years life span is much much more difficult than making one that is suppose to stay up there for 5 months.

Again to make an SLV that works using turbine engines and can be guided through course is much much more difficult than making an SLV that you just shoots with a timer to open its satellite chamber.

Retrofitting a liquid or sold fuel rocket to carry a satellite is not actually an achievement in space technology but an achievement in propellant technology. If you read more on the subject you would understand. I read books on the very subject so an over enthusiastic kid will only make a mockery of himself and his flag here.

There is different classes to everything ranging from easy to hard in all scientific fields. To make a 250Kg self guiding earth observation satellite is different than making a small communication satellite. To make a satellite with a 25 years life span is much much more difficult than making one that is suppose to stay up there for 5 months.

Again to make an SLV that works using turbine engines and can be guided through course is much much more difficult than making an SLV that you just shoots with a timer to open its satellite chamber.

Retrofitting a liquid or sold fuel rocket to carry a satellite is not actually an achievement in space technology but an achievement in propellant technology. If you read more on the subject you would understand. I read books on the very subject so an over enthusiastic kid will only make a mockery of himself and his flag here.

:lol: what is the name of the book you read? was is it called "How to become retarded"?

to make an SLV and use it to launch a satellite in orbit is much more difficult, no matter how much mass your sat has, the SLV to launch that satllite with that particular mass will always be much harder than making that satellite.

you're just a kid who is talking BS, you probably never even passed high school physics. just because saudi arabia cannot make an SLV then an SLV is all of s sudden easier to make than what you can make? having said that you cannot even make a satellite without a western help probably :lol:

so then why cant iran make a simple proper tank ? not a tank looks like its made from plastic

:lol: what is the name of the book you read? was is it called "How to become retarded"?

to make an SLV and use it to launch a satellite in orbit is much more difficult, no matter how much mass your sat has, the SLV to launch that satllite with that particular mass will always be much harder than making that satellite.

you're just a kid who is talking BS, you probably never even passed high school physics. just because saudi arabia cannot make an SLV then an SLV is all of s sudden easier to make than what you can make? having said that you cannot even make a satellite without a western help probably :lol:

so then why cant iran make a simple proper tank ? not a tank looks like its made from plastic

In fact I am yet to see those Tanks actually rolling in the parades like most parades around the world parade their tanks. They only carry them in trucks and have two guys sit in it for propaganda purposes.

Sure whatever you say kid.

LMAO what tank can you make without south Korean making for you? you poor tork you get all your tech from NATO without them you would be still wearing skirts (if you are already not) and fighting with wooden sword.

In fact I am yet to see those Tanks actually rolling in the parades like most parades around the world parade their tanks. They only carry them in trucks and have two guys sit in it for propaganda purposes.

I doubt Iran would make z-3 tank, they never made z-2, I mean they might make a 100 or so but they will never go into mass production. I think they are just working their way up slowly, Iran I think will start investing more and more money into our conventional army soon. so we will see z-4 or z-5 maybe, but which one will be mass produces I dont know.

what a pathetic comment! so a satellite is harder to make than a SLV? then you wonder why people call you morons.

what the hell does this have to do with Iran vs sauds?
he makes a stupid comment and I stated it...

so a satellite is harder to make than a SLV? man i knew you people were dumb but this just beyond everything.
you pathetic, people can make satellites as college projects and you think still SLV are easier to make?

You fool, you're more useless than aqua man

85931.gif

Mossa! you are lucky man. I was in hell in the other thread while you were laughing here...!:lol:
@PGK
You man portrays a very nice pic of your country here.

Last edited by a moderator:
what the hell does this have to do with Iran vs sauds?
he makes a stupid comment and I stated it...

i'm back just for this thread loooolz , watch dude the difference between the countries it operates silently and speaking countries every day and do not work anything . .

4314987544d0d8908030o.jpg

have a nice watching
61.gif

- - - - -

as for our brothers of the turks, this is not something stranger to them, congratulations and wish for them the best :)

Back
Top Bottom