What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

Turkey makes better uav than russian.

I want you guys to please say what you think of Iran's karrar uav, alot people say it a german v1 bomb but that just stupid.

also is there any plan for turkey to make vertical take off uav??? like the f-35 vertical take off system.

Turkey makes better uav than russian.

I want you guys to please say what you think of Iran's karrar uav, alot people say it a german v1 bomb but that just stupid.
I think mounting turbojet engines on an aircraft this size is clearly an overkill. It gives the UAV more speed and mission load but reduces it's endurance horribly. And instead of missiles it has free-falling bombs which is another minus in my opinion. Perhaps instead of weapons, you should have mounted a small FLIR on it. (I only see a small lens in front of the plane so i have to assume it only has day camera)

Sorry but in my opinion it can only make a very good target drone and/or a test bed for future UAV developments. Perhaps after turning sentinel inside out Iran can make a more capable UAV but these processes take time.

also is there any plan for turkey to make vertical take off uav??? like the f-35 vertical take off system.
Not that im heard of. But we have catapult-launched tactical UAVs which can be used for naval purposes.

According to SSM a jet powered stealthy SEAD UACV to be completed with in 12-13 years.

Dierleri / Trk nsansz Sava Uan (TSU) Trk Silahl Kuvvetleri (TSK) Fotoraf Galerisi ve Savunma Sanayi - Turkish Military Photos and Defence Industry

Dierleri / Trk nsansz Sava Ua (TSU) Trk Silahl Kuvvetleri (TSK) Fotoraf Galerisi ve Savunma Sanayi - Turkish Military Photos and Defence Industry

Also..

UAV based:

1.air/ground launched decoy aircraft to fool airdefences
2.Harpy class anti-radiation UAV with IR terminal seeker
3.radar and communication jammer uavs for close and standoff jamming

to be delivered with in 5 years period

According to SSM EMP bombs will be ready as well as HPMW weapons.

EMPSs to be used with bombs/cruise missiles
HPMW first to be used ground based defence weapons (a kind of anti-cruise missile?) and anti-IED; then to be used by UAV to fry-Radars

ScreenShot136.jpg

ScreenShot137.jpg

12-13 years :frown:

We should put more effort into UAV instead of developing a to expensive indigenous fighter-jet.

@ Quasar, I can't reply to your message, it say's that I need 700 posts in order to write messages. But I'd like to lets you know that I feel the same way and thanks for for compliments ;)

I think we better work on guided artillery munitions. Because especially MALE UAVs have very advanced targeting syestems already.

Because making a combat UAV will probably require a faster aircraft propelled by either turbofan or turboprop engines. And/or shorter wingspan. This changes will undoubtly shorten the endurance of the aircraft, making it necessary to maintain two types of UAVs. UCAVs can never reach the firepower of an artillery barrage anyway, they could only shorten the response time.

Eventually, UCAVs will enter Turkish Army's service in the coming years but in my opinion Artillery must have the priority.

Nonsense air power will always trump ground based forces. In WW2 which had initially been a massive ground/tank war eventually turned into a war of numbers+air power. The flexibility in mission planning, agility of the platform & the ability to rapidly respond to emerging threats makes aerial applications superior to almost all modern day ground solutions.

The world's only super power for example has significantly smaller number of ground based assets vs total number of air assets and the above reason why this is so. Artillery is important yes, especially so given the terrain of Turkey however again air power gives what land based solutions to the application of offensive/defense just cannot offer.

Eg: SOM an air to ground missile launched from an F16/F35 VS a FREMM frigate (an advanced all purpose warship/tank at sea) the result will be 1 dead FREMM in a similar fashion a tank of any class/configuration, eg: M1A1/Altay/Leopard 2 etc.. vs any combat aircraft & you will have 1 dead tank & 1 combat aircraft looking for his next kill.

For the West war today & in the future (see next evolutionary step of the US destroyer class) is conducted through a combination of different assets, what was known as Blitz has evolved today to what is known as networked warfare where you have a combination of infantry/armored units/artillery & naval/aerial platforms working together to achieve an objective which has been proven to be superior then the previous "massed" unit type warfare tactics.

What I am trying to state is why do we have to have a priority given Turkey's expanding production capabilities?

I think the UAV with long endurance has a potential to be used for aerial surveillance. I know that it's a bit of an overkill and most likely waste of ressources, but until we have enough recon satellites and AAW installations in place some enemies can still violate the airspace and get out. (I'm thinking of the UAV that is rumoured to have violated Turkish airspace near Diyarbakir).

Funny thing is that Turkey first wants to built the F-X (Fighter jet) and then the T-X (Trainer Advanced) , It doesnt really make sense at all.

Nonsense air power will always trump ground based forces
Since they don't have anything to do with air supermacy (MALE UAVs serve under Air Force's command because of their unique mission concept) UAVs are only part of ground combat thus your argument is invalid

Imagine, a self propelled howitzer battalion with a tactical UAV's assistance can do more damage then a SQUADRON of UCAVs. Our first step must be to give every brigade at least one tactical UAV that can help monitoring enemy movements and coordinating artillery strikes.

By doing so we can give bigger -let's say MALE- UAVs the freedom to operate alone and gather strategic information. And they shouldn't be armed unless they operate in assymetric warfare conditions. :flame:

Funny thing is that Turkey first wants to built the F-X (Fighter jet) and then the T-X (Trainer Advanced) , It doesnt really make sense at all.
This isn't that weird, most challenging part will be building the engines. Weapon syestems aren't that complex

@LegionnairE

This isn't that weird, most challenging part will be building the engines. Weapon syestems aren't that complex

According to my knowledge the Engines will not be developed in Turkey, TEI will produce foreign Engines in License !

Turkey to start batch production of UAV ANKA

printable version
send your friend
add comment
Monday, 19 November 2012

Turkey plans to start batch production of reconnaissance unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) ANKA next year, Anadolu Agency quotes spokesman of the Turkish Defence Industry Ministry, Murad Bayar as saying.

The army will receive UAV ANKA no earlier than late 2013, Bayar said.
He said the Turkish state-owned aviation and aerospace industry company will manufacture the ANKA.

Turkey has worked to create first reconnaissance UAV since 2004. About 180 engineers have been involved in the project which refers to medium class vehicles with a long flight span.

In recent years, the Turkish military-industrial company has focused on manufacturing domestic defence products.

At present, Turkey conducts work to manufacture UAV Simsek ("Lightning").
This is the second model of the UAV, designed by the Turkish aerospace company.

Its length is 2.3 meters, with a wingspan of 1.5 meters. The maximum takeoff weight is 75 kilograms, with a speed of 740 kilometers per hour.

Monday, 19 November 2012

Turkey to start batch production of UAV ANKA, 19 November 2012 Monday 10:1

congratz... Good to see Turkey being advance in drones tech.

Bayraktar Mini Unmanned Aerial Vehicle is a robotic system solution for short range reconnaissance and surveillance applications which has recorded more then 50,000 flight sorties with over 200 units deployed on the field since 2007; Now, is a field proven solution.

Gozcu.jpg

An earlier version of Bayraktar mini UAV with 1 axis motion capability camera.

miniuav3d.png

A recent development of Bayraktar mini UAVwith 2 axis motion capability camera.

Technical Specifications:

Range: 15 Km
Cruise Speed: 60 Km / Hour
Op. Altitude: 1,000 Meters
Max Altitude: 4,000 Meters
Endurance: 60 - 80 Minutes
Power: Battery
Motor: Electric Motor
Wing Span: 2 Meters
Length: 1.2 Meters
Take Off: Hand Launch (Auto Take Off)
Landing: Parachute / Belly Landing
Work Temp. Range: -20 Co , +55 Co
Data Link: Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum Digital
Payload: Day Camera System
Thermal Camera System
Precise Target Coordinate OSD

Based on manufacture webpage the specs are guaranteed and field proven.

Features:
  • Automatic Waypoint Navigation
  • Secure Digital Communication
  • Home Return and Automatic Landing in Case of Lost Communication
  • Multi UAV Support
  • Smart Battery Management System
  • Remote-Range Command/Control and Monitor (WAN Relay)
  • Ground Control Switching
  • Automatic Take Off
  • Automatic Cruise
  • Automatic Belly Landing / Parachute Deployment
  • Joystick Assisted Semi-Automatic Control
  • Stall Control in Case of Electric Motor Disfunction
  • Spin Control in Case of Very Harsh Wind Conditions

Platform

The design is modular and assembly process is relatively quick. Kevlar composite structure and carbon fibre are used extensively in construction of modular parts. This mini plane enjoys from the CNC machined foam sandwich wing structure technology alongside the shock absorbing fuselage.

stbody.jpg

Modular Structural Body

modwing.jpg

Modular Wing Structure

On the bases of manufacture claims the parachute design is unique and parachute deployment mechanism is reliable.

miniuavparachute.jpg

Back
Top Bottom