What's new

Turkiye and Indonesia signed a protocol for construction two Milgem

AKINCI

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Endonezya'ya 2 savaþ gemisi yapýlacak - 06 Nisan 2011 / 09:48 / Denizhaber

milgem-picture-02.jpg

http://www.dmc.kemhan.go.id/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=299:ri--turki-sepakati-kerjasama-industri-pertahanan&catid=37:diplomasi-pertahanan&Itemid=64

images-stories-mou-ri-turki-1-200x133.33333333333.jpg

very good news, even better we are just beginning to take the stage, time to push hard to reach billions $ and i have no doubt we will

Good for Indonesia ... but unreal for PN look they have signed for two while our PN brass is still wondering what to do beats me.

what is so special with this naval boat?

Parallel to the late developments in local Defence Industry, Turkish Navy designs, develops and builts its' first mid-size (2000 T) corvette. HAVELSAN, being one of the largest contributor to the MILGEM Project as the main system integrator, provides Combat and Combat Management systems.

As for the Combat Management System, HAVELSAN offers an updated and tailored version of GENESIS Combat Management System for MILGEM to meet the requirements of the Turkish Navy. HAVELSAN CMS activities on MILGEM include;
•Combat Management on main warfare disciplines (ASW, ASUW, AAW),
•Track Management
•Navigation,
•Sensor/weapon control,
•Training and simulation,
•Subsystem Integration
On the other hand, HAVELSAN also plays a critical role in MILGEM project as the main system integrator. Weapons and sensor integration into the CMS, as well as system integration, is being realised by HAVELSAN.

HAVELSAN integration activities on MILGEM include;
•Weapon/sensor integration to the CMS
•Procurement and integration of;
◦Combat Management System Multifunction Operator Consoles and Cabinets
◦Torpedo Countermeasures System
•Design/production and integration of;
◦Ship Data Distribution and Time System
◦Combat System Data and Video Network
◦Message Handling System
◦Ship Information System
As a critical part of the system integration, the Ship Data Distribution Systems (SDDS) plays an important role for this project. Being aware of the potential integration implications and a probable high cost of an imported system, HAVELSAN decided to design its own SDDS. Now, HAVELSAN SDDS is not only succesfuly implemented for MILGEM, it has also been used for The New Type Patrol Boat.

HAVELSAN has enforced its expertise and capabilities in Naval Combat Systems with more than 120 highly-qualified personnel in Istanbul region. In addition, HAVELSAN has reorganized its Naval Combat Systems Group in a brand new building named as "Combat Management Systems Technologies Center" in Istanbul Naval Shipyard.

Supported by all those expertise and infrastructure, HAVELSAN now offers an indigenous, flexible and affordable alternative in modern naval combat systems engineering and system integration.

Because PN has invested some $380+ Million in USN Oliver Hazard Class Frigates....
Pakistan also has plans to induct atleast 4 more and larger then F-22P frigates the 3 contenders are China/Germany and Turkey. Although realistically speaking I see only China, Milgem should have been selected for the replacement of atleast 3 British Amazon Class Frigates.

according to the late news,we will also modernize their navy amounting to $2 billion.

This is very good news indeed. Not just for exporting our own ship, but also cooperation with a great nation whom Turkey has a great and lasting historical heritage.

Turkey and Indonesia are two biggest Muslim economies in the world. I hope Koreans will change their decision on KFX project and we will develop it together Korea and Indonesia. Also agreement includes to cooperation between two countries for devoloping APCs for Indonesian Army as well.

Unfortunately,... its not Milgem,..

but license produce or Tot of ACV300, Rocket/Propellant Production & Software Define Radio (SDR)..

Opportunity of further cooperation in defence industry field will be discussed base on G to G..

------------

tot of corvette is now underway with netherland. its Sigma Class Corvette

Turkey and Indonesia are two biggest Muslim economies in the world. I hope Koreans will change their decision on KFX project and we will develop it together Korea and Indonesia. Also agreement includes to cooperation between two countries for devoloping APCs for Indonesian Army as well.

whats the problem with koreans in respect of kfx?do they insist to have the lion share on the project? or the problem is sth else?

Unfortunately,... its not Milgem,..

but license produce or Tot of ACV300, Rocket/Propellant Production & Software Define Radio (SDR)..

Opportunity of further cooperation in defence industry field will be discussed base on G to G..

------------

tot of corvette is now underway with netherland. its Sigma Class Corvette

Bro noone knows it. Only Zaman newspaper claimed that agreement includes selling of two Milgem. Indonesia Navy has 4 Sigma class corvette and new Sigmas will be in frigate configration and frigate size so i think signing new agreement from different source is not a suprise for an island country.

whats the problem with koreans in respect of kfx?do they insist to have the lion share on the project? or the problem is sth else?

Bro koreans suggest us %20 partnership like Indonesia. They wanted 1 billion$ and said that we will make all of R&D. This is not a clever move, I think korea can sell a few times more aircraft with Turkey what they expect. Now we are looking for new partners such as Italy, Brazil, Sweden.

Bro noone knows it. Only Zaman newspaper claimed that agreement includes selling of two Milgem. Indonesia Navy has 4 Sigma class corvette and new Sigmas will be in frigate configration and frigate size so i think signing new agreement from different source is not a suprise for an island country.

Bro koreans suggest us %20 partnership like Indonesia. They wanted 1 billion$ and said that we will make all of R&D. This is not a clever move, I think korea can sell a few times more aircraft with Turkey what they expect. Now we are looking for new partners such as Italy, Brazil, Sweden.

sweden would be a good choice in my opinion :victory:

and akinci, a bit off topic but can you give me a link to the picture you have as your avatar. i liked it!

Back
Top Bottom