What's new

Turkiye and Indonesia signed a protocol for construction two Milgem

Bro noone knows it. Only Zaman newspaper claimed that agreement includes selling of two Milgem. Indonesia Navy has 4 Sigma class corvette and new Sigmas will be in frigate configration and frigate size so i think signing new agreement from different source is not a suprise for an island country.

Like one of the three Sigma's built by Dutch Damen group for Morocco

Nothing in particular. Just a nice and interesting 'home grown' new product from Turkey ;-)

It seems on radar screen nearly as much as half of it's length so it is much stealthier than Sigma also there a few critical indigenous parts on it such as sonar, national software, torpedo decoy etc. Nowadays we are working for developing indigenous surface to surface missile and torpedo.

sweden would be a good choice in my opinion :victory:

and akinci, a bit off topic but can you give me a link to the picture you have as your avatar. i liked it!

http://img5.mynet.com/ha5/t/turk-hacker.jpg take it bro

This is very good news indeed. Not just for exporting our own ship, but also cooperation with a great nation whom Turkey has a great and lasting historical heritage.

What does turkey and Indonesia share in terms of historical heritage?

Well its a good news if its true .indonesia is a big island country needs lot of such vessel.btw is it 200mil per corvete ?

Like one of the three Sigma's built by Dutch Damen group for Morocco

Interestingly they are running MW08s for their version rather then the Smart-s MK2s.

I wonder if size played a role in the change.

Its seems very high . :what:

It is not cheap to make modern littoral combat stealth vessels. However the price is inline with what it has on it. There are more expensive corvettes of similar size.

Recent picture

4huqac.jpg

How good this vessel if we compared it with F-22P frigates, n how much each F-22P frigate cost?

How good this vessel if we compared it with F-22P frigates, n how much each F-22P frigate cost?

F22P is a cheaper platform 175 million. They are built for different roles. The F22P is a frigate geared towards multirole while the Milgem is geared towards stealthy littoral missions and ASW roles. Both are multirole though.

The cheaper cost could be attributed to the fact that the F22P doesn't take the extensive stealth measures taken in the Milgem such as hydrodynamic, acoustic, magnetic, IR (though frontal reduction is taken with some side slopping). Also it uses a CODAD Propulsion which is cheaper and results in lower cruise and maximum speeds(though the maintenance of ones is less). Also the Milgem uses U.S. and European weapons systems and sensors which are more expensive then the Chinese counterparts.

These all add to the cost difference between the two.

^But as far as i know, indonesia got embargoed by US. If Indonesia still using US made weapon, how they maintain this boat at 100%?Did turkey allowed to do that(giving those US weapon to Indonesia and maintain this boat)

^But as far as i know, indonesia got embargoed by US. If Indonesia still using US made weapon, how they maintain this boat at 100%?Did turkey allowed to do that(giving those US weapon to Indonesia and maintain this boat)

Arms embargo was lifted 5 years ago. So maintenance shouldn't be a issue.

Bro noone knows it. Only Zaman newspaper claimed that agreement includes selling of two Milgem. Indonesia Navy has 4 Sigma class corvette and new Sigmas will be in frigate configration and frigate size so i think signing new agreement from different source is not a suprise for an island country.

Bro koreans suggest us %20 partnership like Indonesia. They wanted 1 billion$ and said that we will make all of R&D. This is not a clever move, I think korea can sell a few times more aircraft with Turkey what they expect. Now we are looking for new partners such as Italy, Brazil, Sweden.

I dont think korean can make a full 5gen aircraft with their current technology.If they do,why they still plan to buy f35 from U.S?I dont see indonesia make a good choice on this issue.

Back
Top Bottom