What's new

Turkiye and Indonesia signed a protocol for construction two Milgem

I dont think korean can make a full 5gen aircraft with their current technology.If they do,why they still plan to buy f35 from U.S?I dont see indonesia make a good choice on this issue.

Indonesia never make a good choice recently. They are so desperate to counter what Malaysia has done.:hitwall:

Interestingly they are running MW08s for their version rather then the Smart-s MK2s.

I wonder if size played a role in the change.

Who? The Indonesians? Yes, their ships carry MW-08. However, not those of the Moroccan Navy, they (will) have SMART-S mk2

DT_05_01_2008_407_L.jpg

Schelde Sees Bright Future for Sigma Modular Ship | AVIATION WEEK

108740.jpg

ÇáÈÍÑíÇÊ ÇáÚÑÈíÉ .........

img652v.jpg

Moroccan Royal Navy | 3 FMMM Frégate Multi Missions Maroc - Class Sigma | 2007 - 2011 - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

It seems on radar screen nearly as much as half of it's length so it is much stealthier than Sigma also there a few critical indigenous parts on it such as sonar, national software, torpedo decoy etc. Nowadays we are working for developing indigenous surface to surface missile and torpedo.

Like I said (without making a comparison to Sigma's), a nice and interesting 'home grown' new product from Turkey, including Genesis (G-MSYS) combat management system. As I understand it, but correct me if I'm wrong, it carries the Aselsan TBT-01 hull mounted sonar, which apparently is very similar to the short range US SQS-56 used on e.g. your Perry class frigates and Meko 200s. Regarding torpedo decoy, isn't MILGEM carrying the Sea Stentor SSTD, developed by Ultra Electronics for the Royal Navy? Do you have a source or sources where one can find comparative data on the relative stealthiness of Sigma and Milgem? I would be interested!

Only first milgem would use to Sea Sentor but Aselsan's system could not attain to second milgem so second system be purchased from Ultra Electronics as well. Other six ships which are in Milgem class probably will use Aselsan made decoys.

2011-04-12-aselsan-03.jpg

There is an article about comparison of milgem and k-130 classes but it is in turkish. It basically says milgem much stealthier than k-130. I think that there is no need to comparing between a stealth design with an ordinary design such as sigma.
Jeopolitik ve Jeostrateji: MilGem, Obez Hücumbot mu?
Sigma
4_1_SIGMA+KRI+diponegoro.jpg

K-130
project_K130_Corvette-Blohm+Voss.gif

Milgem
800px-F-511_TCG_Heybeliada_MILGEM.jpg

Only first milgem would use to Sea Sentor but Aselsan's system could not attain to second milgem so second system be purchased from Ultra Electronics as well. Other six ships which are in Milgem class probably will use Aselsan made decoys.

There is an article about comparison of milgem and k-130 classes but it is in turkish. It basically says milgem much stealthier than k-130. I think that there is no need to comparing between a stealth design with an ordinary design such as sigma.

I used google translate and don't see a whole lot of comparison of degree of stealthiness in that article. It is a blog post of article from a defence magazine and there is no information on the author and his credentials wrt this topic. Meanwhile, a comparison between K130 and Milgem - whatever the outcome - doesn't inform the situation of Milgem v. Sigma (which, incidentally, is a range of different ships, not a single ship: SIGMA versions ranges from 500 to 2,400 tonnes displacement, while propulsion options range from twin-screw fixed or controllable pitch propeller, to twin water jets, powered by diesel engines, full electric drive, or gas turbines. Other options include signature management and NBC protection.) Kindly inform by what criteria you decide to classify a design as 'stealthy' and by what criteria as 'ordinary'.

I used google translate and don't see a whole lot of comparison of degree of stealthiness in that article. It is a blog post of article from a defence magazine and there is no information on the author and his credentials wrt this topic. Meanwhile, a comparison between K130 and Milgem - whatever the outcome - doesn't inform the situation of Milgem v. Sigma (which, incidentally, is a range of different ships, not a single ship: SIGMA versions ranges from 500 to 2,400 tonnes displacement, while propulsion options range from twin-screw fixed or controllable pitch propeller, to twin water jets, powered by diesel engines, full electric drive, or gas turbines. Other options include signature management and NBC protection.) Kindly inform by what criteria you decide to classify a design as 'stealthy' and by what criteria as 'ordinary'.

stopped reading afther GOOGLE TRANSLATE!

stopped reading afther GOOGLE TRANSLATE!

I can only guess why YOU would. Someone presented something in Turkish as 'proof' and then I get chided for attempting to translate?!

cartman_lame-1046.jpg

Any online translation tool better than google translate? How about putting up a hand translated version, native speaker(s)? I'm sure the members from Pakistan would be interested too.

I can only guess why YOU would. Someone presented something in Turkish as 'proof' and then I get chided for attempting to translate?!

cartman_lame-1046.jpg

Any online translation tool better than google translate? How about putting up a hand translated version, native speaker(s)? I'm sure the members from Pakistan would be interested too.

all i say is that you can write a lot of BS in google translate and it would say something different. and no i dont hate google translate, but we learn very good english here in norway, in fact we are one of the worlds best in speaking english!

and i havent said that there is a better one than google translate!

i have used google translate in tests and what do i get as a grade? 3- and the best you can get is 6!

so no google translate isn't that good, but it is the best translate program in the internett thats for sure

all i say is that you can write a lot of BS in google translate and it would say something different. and no i dont hate google translate, but we learn very good english here in norway, in fact we are one of the worlds best in speaking english!

and i havent said that there is a better one than google translate!

i have used google translate in tests and what do i get as a grade? 3- and the best you can get is 6!

so no google translate isn't that good, but it is the best translate program in the internett thats for sure

So, you are going to read my post now?

Back
Top Bottom