What's new

Turkiye's annual inflation rate hits 69.97% in April

Inflation is very important in economy, even nations will start killing their economic growth in order to curb their inflation despite the inflation just merely 6-7 percent like happening in USA by increasing the interest rate ( it will cause less spending, and more money put into saving- less money circulation).

Even despite the inflation in USA is caused by supply side, they still do monetary tightening. This show how important is inflation to the economy. We are here talking about Economists who have Phd and spend almost entire of their live learning economics through education and real events (their professional live).

Curbing inflation is important, particularly to help the poor as for the rich inflation like 100% is considered nothing for them, but for the poor they will feel the inflation even with merely 3-6 %.

For very high inflation, it can then can screw our currency and the effect will be felt in the entire economy like what I have already described in my previous post in this thread.

Last edited:
man your economic prespective is flawed. And no turkey imports almost all of its gas and oil needs the 2 most important
Man, that does not change the fact that Turkie is most capable and advanced economy of muslim world and i already said that energy problem is last obstacle for them to enter in ckub of most developed nations, one of those (gas) will be solved next year and other one (oil) could be eased with newcomed circumtences in russia, they need market for their oil.

It's massive. The economy was getting a lot better,but everything happening the last 2 years kind of slowed it down a bit.

Yes,Turkey is still strong,but there's also Egypt. Egypt can match them militarily.
Erdoğan's crazy spending on weapons and huge projects is destroying Turkey's economy more and more.
egypt ? They have the hardware , but do they have the politcal will or experience like turkey does ? Egypt is a tier 2 power despite it's armed forces being well equipped Simply because it lacks political resolve to use military force . Turkey has successfully used military force in armenia azerbaijan war , Northern Syria and Cyprus ( you greeks were thrashed badly by the turks weren't you )

Turkey has successfully used military force in armenia azerbaijan war , Northern Syria and Cyprus ( you greeks were thrashed badly by the turks weren't you )
Armenia: A tiny country of about 3,5 million (if you count NKR as well) and a limited economy,fighting against Azerbaijan,an oil and gas exporter and Turkey a massive country with 88 million people and crazy budget. Apart from that,Pashinyan's traitorous government played a role in losing this war,well at least faster. That's a whole different discussion though.

Northern Syria: Fought against YPG and SDF militias,limited engagements with the SAA,having help from their TFSA allies.

Cyprus: A badly equipped Cypriot National Guard,right after a coup,politically divided,receiving almost no help from mainland Greece,against a numerically superior Turkish Army,equipped with modern weapons and having control of the air and sea.
Still,the Cypriot NG and ELDYK managed to cause considerate casualties to the Turkish forces.

So,do you still compare these with the Egypt's population,budget and Armed Forces?

Armenia: A tiny country of about 3,5 million (if you count NKR as well) and a limited economy,fighting against Azerbaijan,an oil and gas exporter and Turkey a massive country with 88 million people and crazy budget. Apart from that,Pashinyan's traitorous government played a role in losing this war,well at least faster. That's a whole different discussion though.

Northern Syria: Fought against YPG and SDF militias,limited engagements with the SAA,having help from their TFSA allies.

Cyprus: A badly equipped Cypriot National Guard,right after a coup,politically divided,receiving almost no help from mainland Greece,against a numerically superior Turkish Army,equipped with modern weapons and having control of the air and sea.
Still,the Cypriot NG and ELDYK managed to cause considerate casualties to the Turkish forces.

So,do you still compare these with the Egypt's population,budget and Armed Forces?
Armenia had backing of 'massive' Russia with Russian weapons being used.

Armenia had backing of 'massive' Russia with Russian weapons being used.
Not in this war. Putin was displeased with the Armenians toppling the pro-Russian government 2 years earlier and installing Pashinyan and his friends who wanted to take Armenia more Western.

Armenian weapons were mostly of lower quality compared to the Azeri and Turkish ones.

T-72 and T-55 tanks vs T-90s and T-72s

They had 4 Su-34s that didn't even take part in the war.

They had dozens of old version OSAs,Krug,Neva,Strela-10...some good Buk-M2 and outdated S-300PMs.

The Azeris on the other hand,had systems like Tor-M2E,Buk-MB,S-300PMU2,Barak 8 etc.

Armenians had few or no UAVs,while Azeris had a big number of Israeli and Turkish UAVs and UCAVs.

Artillery? The Azeris had a bigger number of modern and Soviet artillery systems.

Armored vehicles? The Azeris had BMP-3s,BTR-3Us and a big number of MRAPs. The Armenians on the other hand,only had BMP-2s and BTRs.

There's no comparison. The Armenians fell to a well-designed Azeri attack with help from the Turks and a Russia that didn't want to help them this time. Apart from all that,Pashinyan and his gang kept doing everything to keep reinforcements and serious help going to NKR.

any instance where the Egyptian Military has proved it's worth ? I can't find any
Yom Kippur War? And other operations after that? Maybe @Hydration and @Ghostkiller can tell you more about it.

Turkish military hasn't failed in it's operations like the greek military did
Like the Greek military did? Because of the 1974 war? Where mainland Greece under Ioannides,hardly even tried to help save Cyprus? Unless a few Noratlas aircraft carrying commandos in a botched operation,can be called as "help".

Heck they even shot down a ruskie fighter without any consequences .
You don't see the consequences? Turkey was forced to buy S-400s and go pro-Russian and they were kicked out of the F-35 program.

Egypt imported everything whereas turkey has a better Military Industrial complex to support it's military .
And they import good stuff. What's the problem? Plus Egypt makes a lot of things locally as well.

. As a regional power turkey has proved that it is capable of Competing with great powers like Russia for influence
Are you trying to tell me that you're an Indian? Who lives in India? And is very Indian? So Indian he loves Turkey and hates Russia?

Last edited:
US PPI is ~30% and US CPI is ~8.5%

This means that real inflation in the U.S. is closer to 30% than 8.5%

If we take that as the standard to convert fake inflation rate to real inflation rate, then turkey is probably closer to 245%.

Do note I'm getting ~30% from averaging

PPI for unprocessed goods for intermediate demand, 12-month percent change, not seasonally adjusted

and

PPI for processed goods for intermediate demand, 12-month percent change, not seasonally adjusted

Since Headline PPI is also pretty suspect.

Last edited:
egypt ? They have the hardware , but do they have the politcal will or experience like turkey does ? Egypt is a tier 2 power despite it's armed forces being well equipped Simply because it lacks political resolve to use military force . Turkey has successfully used military force in armenia azerbaijan war , Northern Syria and Cyprus ( you greeks were thrashed badly by the turks weren't you )
while iw ouldve agreed with you but as for diplomatic political power the sirte line is enough of an example

While breaking the records of our Republic history with increases in exports, employment, investment, R&D, industrial capacity and production; It is an extremely myopic point of view to see the Turkish economy as only with an inflation problem.

erdonomics 101 right here.

Print money on an industrial scale. Give that money on cheap interest to selected people. Have those people use that easy cash to make some money on cheap exports... This on paper shows economic activity.

But reality is inflation will cripple you like a stack of dominos falling. Turkey is absolutely playing with fire. Inflation is no joke, and it can become a runaway train your unable to control.

it will turn into a death cycle of companies pumping out goods, high inflation making those goods rise in price daily, the companies making the money on the goods have to increase pay to workers (which still doesnt keep up with inflation) Those workers have more money to spend, and things just keep getting more and more expensive. and people buying power continues to drop...

the end result is zimbabwe. with trillion% inflation rates~

it will turn into a death spiral of poverty. Regardless of what erdonomics is telling you. No serious economist on earth thinks what turkey is doing is a good idea. You live in delusion my friend. And reality will be extremely painful for you when it comes for you and other simple minded erdophiles

erdonomics 101 right here.

Print money on an industrial scale. Give that money on cheap interest to selected people. Have those people use that easy cash to make some money on cheap exports... This on paper shows economic activity.

But reality is inflation will cripple you like a stack of dominos falling. Turkey is absolutely playing with fire. Inflation is no joke, and it can become a runaway train your unable to control.

it will turn into a death cycle of companies pumping out goods, high inflation making those goods rise in price daily, the companies making the money on the goods have to increase pay to workers (which still doesnt keep up with inflation) Those workers have more money to spend, and things just keep getting more and more expensive. and people buying power continues to drop...

the end result is zimbabwe. with trillion% inflation rates~

it will turn into a death spiral of poverty. Regardless of what erdonomics is telling you. No serious economist on earth thinks what turkey is doing is a good idea. You live in delusion my friend. And reality will be extremely painful for you when it comes for you and other simple minded erdophiles
The concept of selected people is more about Iranian economy, my friend. We both know that, right? While there is no common access to the dollar in Iran, there is a free market in the country you mentioned. Likewise, credit/leasing institutions have a transparent structure that is supervised by European institutions.

In Turkey, the increase in added value per kg unit of exports is around 20%. The largest export items are intermediates, consumer durables and the automotive industry, while the areas with the largest increase in exports are the aerospace and defense industries. In other words, growth is taking place in each industrial field separately, and the ratio of exports to imports, excluding energy, has reached the 101% band. The negative trade balance created by energy is somewhat offset by the fact that Turkey is the largest tourism center in the region.

The main reason for high inflation in Turkey is some unnecasery( for me) insistence on monetary policies and this unnecessary insistence is precisely happening the fact that inflation is on the rise in the developed regions.

It is another thing to tell fortunes with incomplete or unreal assumptions, or to say what is in your heart; It's really another thing to evaluate the issue by seeing it from both sides. As I said in my previous message, selectivity in perception is the biggest thinking defect that prevents a person from leaving the subjective field.

By the way, the Turkish economy has serious problems. I can provide you with pages of detailed information and documents about these serious risks. However, almost all of you are so far away from these issues that no one has touched on these issues yet.

This type threads are like a litmus paper that shows how people who see two lines of newspaper news and try to show that they know something are actually far from the subject.

Yom Kippur War? And other operations after that? Maybe @Hydration and @Ghostkiller can tell you more about it.
That was 49 years ago . Egypt hasn't fought any major war since then .
You don't see the consequences? Turkey was forced to buy S-400s and go pro-Russian and they were kicked out of the F-35 program.
Still Turks are arming Ukraine with Military equipment against russia , essentially , that means they are actively opposing Russia in the war .
And they import good stuff. What's the problem? Plus Egypt makes a lot of things locally as well.
Like what ? I haven't heard of any Egyptian Military tech making it's way into the invetory of other international militaries.
Are you trying to tell me that you're an Indian? Who lives in India? And is very Indian? So Indian he loves Turkey and hates Russia?
Really ? Is this some kind of a personal attack , I guess that's what you do when you can't present logic in your argument , you must be frustrated . Anyways , I thought it might be worth arguing with you , but your language suits a troll.

That was 49 years ago . Egypt hasn't fought any major war since then .
Yes,that's why I said other operations as well.

Still Turks are arming Ukraine with Military equipment against russia , essentially , that means they are actively opposing Russia in the war .
They are playing for both sides ;)

Like what ? I haven't heard of any Egyptian Military tech making it's way into the invetory of other international militaries.
Ask @Gomig-21 @joker87 @Hydration @Ghostkiller @Ramses Akhenaten Ahmose for more details on that,I might say something wrong here

Really ? Is this some kind of a personal attack , I guess that's what you do when you can't present logic in your argument , you must be frustrated . Anyways , I thought it might be worth arguing with you , but your language suits a troll.
I presented you with perfectly logical arguements,however your join date,location and stance on the Turkey/Russia issue is very suspicious ;)

I presented you with perfectly logical arguements,however your join date,location and stance on the Turkey/Russia issue is very suspicious ;)
How is it suspicious ? Is joining a open forum something bad ? You have no authority here , you're just like me - a member .
And how is my stance 'suspicious' as you claim. I'll be glad if you could should your true englightened logic here . I'm interested to see how you define an " INDIAN" if you know what what you're talking about .

Back
Top Bottom