What's new

Type-99G and Type-96G in the national day parade

shchinese

BANNED
Reaction score
Type-99G, 55tons, the best tank in Asia.

Type-96G, 42.8tons, similar to Pak's MBT2000.

According to a recent photo shown on the Internet, we have deployed large number of both these tanks in the indian border. I don't think their T-90 can ever stand a chance in front of Type-99G not to mention our latest Type-99A2 (which is actually VERY different from Type-99/A/G).

:china::pakistan:

there's korean K-1A1 and japanese type 90

both tank are at par with contemporary western tanks.(it sounds blunt but let's keep it like that)

chinese current tank(which include all type) are derivative from type-59 chassis.

Can anyone explains the specifications of these tanks?

Can anyone explains the specifications of these tanks?

Type Main battle tank

Place of origin People's Republic of China
Unit cost ¥ 17,417,659 Renminbi / (approx 2,500,000 USD)

Specifications

Weight ~54 tonnes for Type-99G
~57 tonnes for Type-99A1
~58 tonnes for TYpe-99A2
Length 11.0 m
Width 3.4 m
Height 2.2 m
Crew 3 (4 based on Type 98)
Armor Classified, Al2O3, ERA, composite, others?
Primary armament 125 mm smoothbore tank gun,
compatible with Chinese 140mm guns
Secondary
armament Type 85 heavy machine gun 12.7x108
mm commander's machine gun, 7.62
mm coaxial machine gun
Engine liquid-cooled diesel 1,500 hp (1,100 kW)
Power/weight 27.8 hp/tonne
Suspension torsion bar
Operational
range 600 km
Speed 80 km/h (50 mph)

there's korean K-1A1 and japanese type 90

both tank are at par with contemporary western tanks.(it sounds blunt but let's keep it like that)

chinese current tank(which include all type) are derivative from type-59 chassis.

I have to laugh hard for the damn slow K1A1 tank. it features a 1200hp engine for such a ~55ton body and as the result, the cross country speed is only 40km/h. when compared to the 65km/h speed of the type-99, it is like asking for death. In general, we don't regard Korean toys as weapons as they NEVER fire any shot in real conflict. This forum is for serious discussion, please stop mentioning those korean toys.

Japanese Type-90 is of course far better than K1A1, but when compared to Type-99g, it is just another piece of toy. Please have a look at its operational range and then compare it to other major tanks, when you see such shitty spec like that, you really can't argue it to be the "best". :smokin:

btw: Type-96g/Type-99a/a1/g are to some extend linked to the T-72, not T-59.

there was a funny video comparing Type-90 with China's Type-96g and argue Type-90's stabilizer is cool. Type-96 is regarded as the second class MBT in PLA which is designed to be light so it can operate in the southern part of China. the most funny part is the video compares a Type-90 with a Type-96g with its stabilizer switched off.

:) :)

speed alone plays only a partial role in the survivability of a tank,while operational range also depends on logistics behind the tanks(such as fuels,ammunition,etc).besides JGSDF and ROKA is never an expeditionary force(like USMC) so it doesn't have to have a long operational range(ROK main concern is DPRK while Japan is constitutionally unable to have offensive capability.)

modern warfare saw diminished mbt vs mbt one on one fight.all have been transfromed to become one large network of inter-operative branch(ground force,naval force,air force).in iraq,most of iraqi mbt is being destroyed through airstrike

as for type 99>K1A1+Type 90,i doubt that.both have armor that is equivalent to chobham(which is the armor of challenger 2 and abrams M1A1/2) while chinese are still reliant on ERA.not to mention that both nation will also field their new mbt as well(korean K-2 black panther and japanese Type 10).let's not forget that type 99 is also haven't see any confict either.and i'm sure Type 96/99 is based on elongated and redesigned type 59 chassis

to just give some quick comparison, I have the following spec.

operational range:
Leopard - 500km
Merkava - 500km
M1A2 - 465km
Japanese Type-90 - 300km
Type-99g - 600km
Challenger 2 - 450km

Challenger 2 and M1A2 are much heavier than Type-90, thus have the reduced operational range, but their operational ranges are still far better than the Type-90.

speed alone plays only a partial role in the survivability of a tank,while operational range also depends on logistics behind the tanks(such as fuels,ammunition,etc).besides JGSDF and ROKA is never an expeditionary force(like USMC) so it doesn't have to have a long operational range(ROK main concern is DPRK while Japan is constitutionally unable to have offensive capability.)

modern warfare saw diminished mbt vs mbt one on one fight.all have been transfromed to become one large network of inter-operative branch(ground force,naval force,air force).in iraq,most of iraqi mbt is being destroyed through airstrike

as for type 99>K1A1+Type 90,i doubt that.both have armor that is equivalent to chobham(which is the armor of challenger 2 and abrams M1A1/2) while chinese are still reliant on ERA.not to mention that both nation will also field their new mbt as well(korean K-2 black panther and japanese Type 10).let's not forget that type 99 is also haven't see any confict either.and i'm sure Type 96/99 is based on elongated and redesigned type 59 chassis

I stopped reading when you mentioned Type-10. it is a 40ton light tank.

for your mentioned armor story, basically you are saying Merkava's armor is not as good as Type-90's. :smokin: thanks for the weekend joke.

for your Type-59 crap, please have a look at the type-59 photo and count how many wheels its has? or how about read some respectful sources?

Type 99 Main Battle Tank

i know you'll mentioned the additional pair of wheel

now i'd like to ask,did chinese ever bought T-72?

my explaination
...as far as i know, the ZTZ-96 is based on the Type-85-II MBT, that is based on the Type-80/88 MTB, whose hull is derived from the old Type-59 (T-54 copy) with one roadwheel-pair more, enlarged, better armoured chassis and some western technology incorporated. But strictly taken, it's just a enlarged T-54, so whether the ammo-storage is on the right side of the driver could be answered by looking at the T-54/55.
They have fitted a 2A46-styled autoloader in the Type-96/G though, so things might have changed.

Thats why I wrote in an earlier post, that China sure loves their Type-59 derivates, fitting them beyond recognition with every-possible upgrade, from autoloader, spaced armour package, to stabilized FCS and Shtora-Jammer. I ask myself when they realize that the potential of the Type-80/Type-59 derived hull finally ends...

about T-10.even though they are lighter they are still considered as MBT(the weight decrease may because of advanced armour used)

i think you have confused about light tanks a bit:example of light tanks are PT-76,type 63,AMX-13,scorpion CVRT,stuff like that(in this sense even a swedish CV-90 fitted with 120mm gun can be called a light tank)

i know you'll mentioned the additional pair of wheel

now i'd like to ask,did chinese ever bought T-72?

this will be the last reply as clearly you know nothing in this area and my free time is not going to be spent on providing free tutorial.

for your question - China never operated any T-72. however as one of the major weapon providers of Iran during its war with Iraq, one of the conditions to export our missiles is to get a sample of the T-72 captured from Iraq.

I mean you even don't need to read anything to figure this out. China was clearly a major weapon exporter to Iran during its war with Iraq and Iran clearly had many captured T-72. how it can be possible that China didn't ask Iran for a T-72 sample?

:no:

:Mod Edit:

I think the Chinese technology is far superior to the toys being used by the Korean and Japanese.

As our chinese brother, elaborated, the operational span of the chinese tank is 600 km .... that is 100 km more, while the so call Korean and other tanks will be out of gas - the chinese tanks will still be operations.

From a technical stand point if the line of supply for oil is cut off for Indian tanks, (hypothetical scenario) the Indian tanks would be , out of gas , and sitting ducks while the Chinese tanks would be operational for another 1-2 days.

Its inevitable , that the chinese STRONG air force can cripple any fuel supply line for Indian tanks, and as such , the Chinese tanks would be able to move in with in 100 km into Indian territories easily and secure , vast amount of land.

While operating tanks , the amount of fuel , a tank can have and range it can travel is also very important.

And it clearly proves that chinese tanks are superior. No DOUBT ..

Also of the western tanks are also unproven, they normally go against 40-50 year old technologies in Iraq , and they claim it is the best piece of art.

I am sure a chinese tank can kill 20 Iraqi or Afghani dinasor tanks too.

Its all marketing westen tanks are overpriced so that more profits are made.

I don't think Type 99 has the operational range of 600 km, it sounds unreasonable. It has the similar engine like leopard 2, so the operation range should be comparable with that of leopard 2. Anyway, I still consider it as the best tank in asia.

I think the Chinese technology is far superior to the toys being used by the Korean and Japanese.

As our chinese brother, elaborated, the operational span of the chinese tank is 600 km .... that is 100 km more, while the so call Korean and other tanks will be out of gas - the chinese tanks will still be operations.

From a technical stand point if the line of supply for oil is cut off for Indian tanks, (hypothetical scenario) the Indian tanks would be , out of gas , and sitting ducks while the Chinese tanks would be operational for another 1-2 days.

Its inevitable , that the chinese STRONG air force can cripple any fuel supply line for Indian tanks, and as such , the Chinese tanks would be able to move in with in 100 km into Indian territories easily and secure , vast amount of land.

While operating tanks , the amount of fuel , a tank can have and range it can travel is also very important.

And it clearly proves that chinese tanks are superior. No DOUBT ..

Also of the western tanks are also unproven, they normally go against 40-50 year old technologies in Iraq , and they claim it is the best piece of art.

I am sure a chinese tank can kill 20 Iraqi or Afghani dinasor tanks too.

Its all marketing westen tanks are overpriced so that more profits are made.

Sir, the only thing you proved here was your lack of understanding of the subject matter and your belief in hypothetical assumptions...

any army marches only on its supply lines... imagine a lone tank regiment moving ahead 100 kilometer in to an enemy territory without supply line... it would only be a matter of time before it gets annihilated...

as for your statement regarding strong Chinese air force... sir, in any hypothetical war like situation we are talking about a possible skirmish in mountainous Himalayas where operating airfeilds and maintaining air dominance is not easy... wherein India holds its major advantage...

Back
Top Bottom