What's new

Type-99G and Type-96G in the national day parade

The design of type 99 tank is influenced both by russian (chasis) and western tanks (turret). The engine technology comes from the leopard 2's MTU engine, which is simply a marine engine, but extremely reliable and fuel saving. It's arment and fire control system represent the highest level of chinese weapon industry. It is also equiped with the advanced communication system comparable with that on US tanks.
Besides, this tank was designed according to the moduling concept like the western tanks. No doubt, This tank is the best tank in service in asia. Because of the high unit cost, china will not produce it in large number.

Hi,

Is the Chinese border with Korea and Vietnam tankable.
Obviously, the Himalayan corridor with India is not the best place for tanks.
Which will be the best terrain for these tanks.

Last edited:
I don't think Type 99 has the operational range of 600 km, it sounds unreasonable. It has the similar engine like leopard 2, so the operation range should be comparable with that of leopard 2. Anyway, I still consider it as the best tank in asia.

check the weight of Leopard 2. 10tons more.

Hi,

Is the Chinese border with Korea and Vietnam tankable.
Obviously, the Himalayan corridor with India is not the best place for tanks.
Which will be the best terrain for these tanks.

we used a few hundred tanks during our war with Vietnam at the end of 1970s.

it is in general not a good idea to attack india from the Chinese side using these tanks, because of the Himalayan. these tanks could be provided to Pak to defend the neo-nazi (i.e. india) in Asia.

stopped reading after this.....

when it comes to weapons, that is true.

korean is still a poor nation with a few sector doing well. japan may doing well for its aircrafts, its tanks are just a piece of joke.

I won't say the same for German/American tanks.

when it comes to weapons, that is true.

korean is still a poor nation with a few sector doing well. japan may doing well for its aircrafts, its tanks are just a piece of joke.

I won't say the same for German/American tanks.

Are you serious ?? :what:

Ignorance is bliss !! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignorance is bliss !! :D

More..:lol:

to just give some quick comparison, I have the following spec.

operational range:
Leopard - 500km
Merkava - 500km
M1A2 - 465km
Japanese Type-90 -300km
Type-99g - 600km
Challenger 2 - 450km

Challenger 2 and M1A2 are much heavier than Type-90, thus have the reduced operational range, but their operational ranges are still far better than the Type-90.

The so called japan's new smart tank is still under development, it is not comparable. Anyway, Japan did build good tanks, the type 90 tank is a good tank with the exception of its engine. It's two stroke diesel engine makes it operation range very short. Besides its' tank gun is from Geman Rhein Steel. It is not 100% Japanese tank, when the most important part has to be imported from foreign country.

In case of the Korean tank, possiblly it is a good tank. But when we consider the fact that it's fire control system and tank gun are imported, possiblly the engine also, you can not put it in the list of best tanks.

While in case of the chinese type 99, this tanke is 100% chinese. Some technologies (e.g engine, tank gun) die come from foreign countries, but we have studied the technologies and is able to make further development based the acquired technology.

Last edited by a moderator:
The so called japan's new smart tank is still under development, it is not comparable. Anyway, Japan did build good tanks, the type 90 tank is a good tank with the exception of its engine. It's two stroke diesel engine makes it operation range very short. Besides its' tank gun is from Geman Rhein Steel. It is not 100% Japanese tank, when the most important part has to be imported from foreign country.

In case of the Korean tank, possiblly it is a good tank. But when we consider the fact that it's fire control system and tank gun are imported, possiblly the engine also, you can not put it in the list of best tanks.

While in case of the chinese type 99, this tanke is 100% chinese. Some technologies (e.g engine, tank gun) die come from foreign countries, but we have studied the technologies and is able to make further development based the acquired technology.

exactly my point ! Japanese do make some of the best tanks , contrary to shchines's comment - ''japan may doing well for its aircrafts, its tanks are just a piece of joke.''
Thanks for verifying ! :)

Btw, unlike china, Japan don't need high operational range !

I didn't say we don't use foreign technologies. My point is that we acquire the technologies, and make them domestic.

Generally people call such illegal acquisition of technologies, and making them domestic as photocopying ! :D

No one is best at everything, and if sometimes someone is at par with others qualitatively its not economical to produce it locally.

so undermining something based upon the point that something it uses is imported from outside doesn't mean its not good.

In my opinion there are 5 hubs of technology in the world:-

1)USA
2)Germany
3)Russia
4)European Union Including Britain and excluding Germany
5)Japan

and mind you japan is a super power when it comes to technology, most of the technologies which are being used by the USA have their roots in japan, means they were innovated and developed by japan but USA used it and made changes to it according to its requirements.

so any statement which mentions that japan can't produce something which could compete with chinese is absolutly false.

Back
Top Bottom