What's new

Type056 Corvette Handed Over to Bangladesh Navy

Avisheik

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
China on Friday handed over two new warships to the Bangladesh Navy to enhance the capability of BN in securing the country’s maritime resources.
A naval team, led by Rear Admiral M Shahin Ikbal, received the ships — Swadhinata and Prottoy — at a function in China.
Navy Chief Vice Admiral M Farid Habib was present at the function as the chief guest while officials of China Navy and shipbuilding companies, among others, also present.
In 2012, Bangladesh Navy signed an agreement with Chinese state-run organisation China Shipbuilding and Offshore International Company Ltd. (CSOC) to expedite forward journey of BN.
As per the deal, Wuchang Shipbuilding Group of Company Ltd. built the corvette warships, which are equipped with modern war-game facilities, for Bangladesh Navy. Commodore AKM Faruk Hasan was the project director of construction of the two ships.
The ships are expected to be anchored in Chittagong Port in January.

Navy gets two new warships | daily-sun.com

The article from cctv+

China-Bangladesh Corvette Delivery

China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC) delivered two corvettes to the Bangladesh navy on Friday in Qidong City in east China's Jiangsu Province.

The two corvettes are of China's most advanced export warship type, and will be the key warships of Bangladesh navy in the future.

With 25.5 knots sailing speed, anti-radar design, highly adaptable to weather and oceanic conditions, and decked out with powerful weapons, the frigates are made to be all-rounder warships.

"All the performances of the two corvettes can fully meet the contracts and specifications according to the current test. We particularly built the ships with Bangladesh navy's practice, and we believe they will show the fighting capacity as soon as we delivered them. The delivery will open more markets in Southeast Asia or the friendly countries along the "One Belt and One Road"," said Wang Weiling, Deputy General Manager of China Shipbuilding and Offshore International Company (CSOC)'s Wuchang Shipyard of the CSIC.

"I'm very much satisfied with the design and construction of the ship. I thank very much to the CSOC who has supplied these two ships to Bangladesh navy. And we have very much impressed with the design of the ship down by the CSIC Shanghai, and very much happy with the quality of the construction. And the workmanship done by the Wuchang Ship Yard, we have seen the quality and performance of the equipment, fittings and systems of the ship. And we also see the performance of the ships at sea. And we were really impressed to see the performance. And we considered that the two ships will build the destiny of good relations between China and Bangladesh," said Fanuc Hasan, brigadier of Bangladesh navy.

http://newscontent.cctv.com/NewJsp/news.jsp?fileId=331216

Last edited:
China on Friday handed over two new warships to the Bangladesh Navy to enhance the capability of BN in securing the country’s maritime resources.
A naval team, led by Rear Admiral M Shahin Ikbal, received the ships — Swadhinata and Prottoy — at a function in China.
Navy Chief Vice Admiral M Farid Habib was present at the function as the chief guest while officials of China Navy and shipbuilding companies, among others, also present.
In 2012, Bangladesh Navy signed an agreement with Chinese state-run organisation China Shipbuilding and Offshore International Company Ltd. (CSOC) to expedite forward journey of BN.
As per the deal, Wuchang Shipbuilding Group of Company Ltd. built the corvette warships, which are equipped with modern war-game facilities, for Bangladesh Navy. Commodore AKM Faruk Hasan was the project director of construction of the two ships.
The ships are expected to be anchored in Chittagong Port in January.

Navy gets two new warships | daily-sun.com

The article from cctv+

China-Bangladesh Corvette Delivery

China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC) delivered two corvettes to the Bangladesh navy on Friday in Qidong City in east China's Jiangsu Province.

The two corvettes are of China's most advanced export warship type, and will be the key warships of Bangladesh navy in the future.

With 25.5 knots sailing speed, anti-radar design, highly adaptable to weather and oceanic conditions, and decked out with powerful weapons, the frigates are made to be all-rounder warships.

"All the performances of the two corvettes can fully meet the contracts and specifications according to the current test. We particularly built the ships with Bangladesh navy's practice, and we believe they will show the fighting capacity as soon as we delivered them. The delivery will open more markets in Southeast Asia or the friendly countries along the "One Belt and One Road"," said Wang Weiling, Deputy General Manager of China Shipbuilding and Offshore International Company (CSOC)'s Wuchang Shipyard of the CSIC.

"I'm very much satisfied with the design and construction of the ship. I thank very much to the CSOC who has supplied these two ships to Bangladesh navy. And we have very much impressed with the design of the ship down by the CSIC Shanghai, and very much happy with the quality of the construction. And the workmanship done by the Wuchang Ship Yard, we have seen the quality and performance of the equipment, fittings and systems of the ship. And we also see the performance of the ships at sea. And we were really impressed to see the performance. And we considered that the two ships will build the destiny of good relations between China and Bangladesh," said Fanuc Hasan, brigadier of Bangladesh navy.

http://newscontent.cctv.com/NewJsp/news.jsp?fileId=331216
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

10423686_932964420122426_845237270540798209_n.jpg

Which AShMs will they carry?
C803
@Providence ssssshhhh :D

Last edited:
Congratulation on New corvette to BN

and C803 don't exist yet .. it is not tested nor officially announced and never displayed anywhere and neither there is any picture exist of C803 ...

please if i am wrong than provide me something

Two more on order and perhaps another two to be built at KSY...

These are the two C13B corvettes of the first batch. Second batch of two already started in Wuchang Shipyard (keel laid as of mid 2015). Hulls for further batches will be built locally with Chinese ToT (design supervision).

BTW weapons and sensor suite are quite different from standard 056 class. Observe the rectangular chiclets on the front of the structure ahead of the chimney :-). Could be western sensors (possibly RACAL). I'll do a little digging....

Congratulation on New corvette to BN

and C803 don't exist yet .. it is not tested nor officially announced and never displayed anywhere and neither there is any picture exist of C803 ...

please if i am wrong than provide me something

The analog of domestic YJ-83 is the C802A and not the C803 as widely reported in the blogosphere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Export Designation: C802A

IOC: 1998

Length: 6.4 m

Weight: 800 kg

Maximum Range: 180 km

Speed: Mach 0.80-0.90

Cruise Altitude: 20 m

Terminal Altitude: 5m or 7m
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are conflicting reports on speed. Some say that the missile is supersonic in the terminal stage (which is an ideal trajectory design for this day and age and to defeat missile defenses). This missile has been often compared to the Harpoon Block 1C.

I'd say that for the size - these corvettes pack some serious punch.

225848pzb88pqxsgqvv8qu.jpg

C13B Corvette
-- B=Bangladesh

the export varient of PLAN 056 light frigate, 1330 tons displacement, 90 meters long, 11 meters wide, >25 knots, 76mm Main gun, C802A SSM, 8 cells FL-3000N SRSAM and 30mm Gun. No torpedo lauchers and sonar. Pic of the model taken from LIMA 2015.

Taken from
http://*********************/forum/threads/lima15-under-the-lens-of-china-military-photography-enthusiast.67166/

CCTV+ Video uploaded to YouTube. Video at CCTV site is inactive for some reason.

congrats to Bangladesh.
BTW in future Bangladesh's surface fleet will be stronger then Pakistan's I guess

Back
Top Bottom