What's new

U.S. asks Vietnam to stop helping Russian bomber flights

That reef reclamation will no go far at all if the US decide to evict china from the Spratlys, they can do it easily and they can keep them easily. You people underestimate USA, once they get you in their crosshairs, good luck.

Agree. reefs 1500 kilometers far away from Hainan, China are not good place for PLA human waves.

That reef reclamation will no go far at all if the US decide to evict china from the Spratlys, they can do it easily and they can keep them easily. You people underestimate USA, once they get you in their crosshairs, good luck.

Then tell them to do it now :lol:, you viets are just dreaming like in 1979 hoping the Soviet will come to rescue you during Chinese offensive. We're not underestimae US but your theory just make me laught...when you're uncapable to face China along better not to have a wet dream for other to come to your rescue...LMAO

Agree. reefs 1500 kilometers far away from China are not good place for PLA human waves.

And if that's the case, why you Viets didn't take it, it's not beyong your reach...right?? all you Viets need to do is swimming in human wave and these reefs will be yours...:lol:

You are very correct, the thing is, if a country mover clearly into the US camp, they also become a big time target for china and there very serious consequences to that, so if such country is going to do that move, US have to give them iron clad security guarantees, otherwise they will end up in a very bad situation. Can't go half way on that subject.

I would say if some country is asking the US to base some of its military in their country they must ALREADY think they are a prime target of China.

I would say if some country is asking the US to base some of its military in their country they must ALREADY think they are a prime target of China.

Not quite, there are different levels of being a target. VN itself is not a target, those islands are, but if VN moves too close to USA, then the whole country becomes a target and that can have very serious consequences.

I'm not sure who is asking who, it seems to me that US is very motivated about a closer relationship.

Odd...I thought countries like Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, and Indonesia were suddenly becoming more cozy with the US and each other to counterbalance China in the Pacific!

Silly me for thinking otherwise!

The big point is China never make clear what the meaning and exact coordinates of their dashed line. And last year they redraw the 9 dashed line to 10 dashed line which is not same as previous dashed line.
Document: U.S. State Department Report on China's Claims in the South China Sea - USNI News
US: China failed to clarify 9-dash line with law
So it could be anything they want, extend to anywhere they want.

The recent conflict incident between China ship and Indonesia near Natuna islands woke up sleepy Indonesian.
They suddenly realize that, once China DONE the land reclamation, China could make the harm to their Natuna by redraw the dashed line to include more rock, reef belongs to Natuna islands.

That bad vision pushed them to make decisive conclusion, "Let join the party"
-----------------

Document: U.S. State Department Report on China’s Claims in the South China Sea
December 9, 2014 4:03 PM ( means Dec. 10, 2014 Hanoi time )

Hanoi submitted its legal brief to the Arbitral Tribunal at The Hague on December 11. As part of the Philippines case filed on March 30, Vietnam is requesting the court rule that Manila’s maritime claims are part of its continental shelf and within its 370 kilometre exclusive economic zone. Such a decision would cut across the basis of China’s claims in the South China Sea which depend in part on “historical rights.”
The Vietnamese position paper offered support for the Philippines case, rejected China’s “nine dash” map that sets out its maritime claims and requested that the arbitration panel take into consideration Vietnam’s interests in the South China Sea, which Hanoi refers to as the East Sea.

Last edited:
Do you know US is selling lethal weapons to Vietnam case by case?
And Vietnam is allowing Russian aircrafts to land in Cam Ranh by case, too !!!

What US want to tell is: Vietnam could continue to cooperate with Russian in weapons, warships.... grant permission for Russian to access Cam Ranh bay
But "we don't want any access to Cam Ranh bay to support Tu-95 patrol in 2015, as they did in 2014"

That help narrow the expansion of Russian in the region. Another region is Caribbean.

This explain to :

:lol:Yes you Viets are good to do thing that will please your new mentor :usflag:, I'm wondering what will be consequence to piss Russia, we Chinese dont need to do anything but stay tune:coffee:

The chinese trolls are under shock at the moment. They need some time to recuperate.

Really, try to impress us (the Chineses) if you have anything to brag, we're under Shock therapy. :lol:

hey welcome back, where have you been?

No, bro, if we close military alliance with the US, more toys are necessary than just orion and f-16. to take on the chinese, our navy needs destroyers and diesel/nuclear subs, the airforce modern jet fighters, the land army modern tanks and long range strategic missiles..

the only solution si to beg..@NiceGuy am i right?? Where is the 200 US nukes for Vietnam? :lol: I thought you're more reaslistic than Mr. @NiceGuy but it turns out that you're just Niceguy #2 :rofl:

Palawaan is perfect. I'm also certain that the Philippine Navy is building / expanding the naval base there as well as the army posts of the Philippine Army's WESCOM (Western Command). In fact, the Filipinos invited the Commanding General of the JGSDF to tour the area. I have a feeling that there is a future cooperation between Japan and Philippines to develop their existing bases.

I would love it if the Philippines would allow the JSDF to do a visiting forces agreement with them. :)

Palawan is getting quite a bit of naval build up in Oyster Bay.
All the reclamations that china is doing mean little compared to the capabilities of what can be done in Palawan and the other PH areas.

Then tell them to do it now :lol:, you viets are just dreaming like in 1979 hoping the Soviet will come to rescue you during Chinese offensive. We're not underestimae US but your theory just make me laught...when you're uncapable to face China along better not to have a wet dream for other to come to your rescue...LMAO.

Not now, they will do it after the UNCLOS resolution next January. Just wait. Keep building up, they will appreciate that, it will be for them in the end. :victory:

Not quite, there are different levels of being a target. VN itself is not a target, those islands are, but if VN moves too close to USA, then the whole country becomes a target and that can have very serious consequences.

I'm not sure who is asking who, it seems to me that US is very motivated about a closer relationship.

In worst case, Vietnam lost all the reefs, islands ... it affect less to Vietnam, but more to Japan, USA, Phil, Malaysia ( for oil basin near Malay coast ...

In worst case, Vietnam lost all the reefs, islands ... it affect less to Vietnam, but more to Japan, USA, Phil, Malaysia ( for oil basin near Malay coast ...

I think the worse case consequences can be much more than that actually.

What if Vietnam playing double game ? Anyway Russia don't have money to offer . May be cheap military aid but would not be a game changer on other hand US want to do more to help these Asian countries with more Money aid and military equipments . Which in turn would help veits to send a clear signal to Chinese to restrain from bullying or Big Uncle Sam will be roped in unnecessarily. Only few days before dialogue took place between us and viets . As US don't have any reason to go for war with viets could like to work on common interest. And the elephant in the room is China. Let's not fool ourselves by denying it.

Because of China looks like Russians loosing their influence to the Americans. Putin must be aware of this or should take good note of this . And Chinese enemies are Russian friends. If Russia keep mum on Chinese aggressive stand then Ho hoii Say Hi to Uncle Sam to take care of the bullies. Before PLA lost 1000s of men in just 1 month of war with Vietnam . But new powers of China must had tempted Vietnam to make a friendship call to Washington . Don't forget the G4 game plan. Great Anti Bully alliance is expanding at greater phase. India US Japan Australia . Now add Vietnam South Korea Indonesia . It's more than the power of bully can take

Keep the advise for yourself, how you Indians cozy with US now and marginalized Russia for all these years. So much for a so call cold war area friend, when you allied Russia's enemy and dare to advise Putin over China...:rofl:

As for your weak coaltion, China can sort out one by one as how Qin empire did during the warren states when facing other six coalitions states, you Indian better to prepare your days to come, we still have unfinished business with you.

Last edited:
It is pretty clear China has no intention of a land war with Vietnam..
The worst case will be attacking air base and navy port, take the reefs.
But no invasion into Vietnam land that is not claimed by China.

I think the worse case consequences can be much more than that actually.

Odd...I thought countries like Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, and Indonesia were suddenly becoming more cozy with the US and each other to counterbalance China in the Pacific!

Silly me for thinking otherwise!

Don't jump of joys so fast, US just wouldn't dare to cross the red line with China, we alway have offer that you can't refuse.

Not now, they will do it after the UNCLOS resolution next January. Just wait. Keep building up, they will appreciate that, it will be for them in the end. :victory:

Declare UNCLOS resolution over our territory? :rofl:, you can keep fantasized the consequence if that will comfort you, but we're more enjoy over our reefs reclamtion for now...if you're looking for trouble make sure you're ready to bet all your reefs on the tables, we will not take few as 1988, winner will take all.

Don't jump of joys so fast, US just wouldn't dare to cross the red line with China, we alway have offer that you can't refuse.

Like the US didn't cross the Russian red lines? Wishful thinking.

Declare UNCLOS resolution over our territory? :rofl:, you can keep fantasized the consequence if that will comfort you, but we're more enjoy over our reefs reclamtion for now...if you're looking for trouble make sure you're ready to bet all your reefs on the tables, we will not take few as 1988, winner will take all.

That's what I said, winner take all, US will take them all and evict you from Splatys.

It is pretty clear China has no intention of a land war with Vietnam..
The worst case will be attacking air base and navy port, take the reefs.
But no invasion into Vietnam land that is not claimed by China.

Intentions before a conflict are one thing, what happens after a conflict starts is often another thing as history keeps showing.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom