What's new

U.S. asks Vietnam to stop helping Russian bomber flights

And if that's the case, why you Viets didn't take it, it's not beyong your reach...right?? all you Viets need to do is swimming in human wave and these reefs will be yours...:lol:
Why should we do it when we have lots of time to wait for your collapse ??

When China collapse (like many times in history), we may take back Guangdong-Guang xi ,too:pop:

I am sure Chinese are clever enough to keep the limit of conflict.
So we can achieve what we want and without causing much trouble..
Like in SCS, we only want to control these islands.
Attacking military base and disable Vietnam power to resist is already the worst case, which is very unlikely to happen.

Like the US didn't cross the Russian red lines? Wishful thinking.
That's what I said, winner take all, US will take them all and evict you from Splatys.
Intentions before a conflict are one thing, what happens after a conflict starts is often another thing as history keeps showing.

the only solution si to beg..@NiceGuy am i right?? Where is the 200 US nukes for Vietnam? :lol: I thought you're more reaslistic than Mr. @NiceGuy but it turns out that you're just Niceguy #2 :rofl:
US allows VN to enrich uranium on our soil, even JP is not allowed, so we can make as many nukes as we want in secret and in emergency case.

We've got nuke capable missile Shaddock to fit the nukes already :pop:

That's what I said, winner take all, US will take them all and evict you from Splatys.

What's matter to scare too face China alone...you think that by invoking US into discussion will help you vietnamese's cause:rofl:, I can also claim that Alien will invade US and evict them from the native's land...but does my fantazy come true???? :lol:

US allows VN to enrich uranium on our soil, so we can make as many nukes as we want in secret and in emergecy case.

We've got nuke capable missile Shaddock to fit the nukes already :pop:

it's that truth???:eek: what a shock new.

Odd...I thought countries like Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, and Indonesia were suddenly becoming more cozy with the US and each other to counterbalance China in the Pacific!

Silly me for thinking otherwise!

its called perspectives

Sorry everyone. Just want to remind you, I think we go off topic for a while.

We Chinese are not Russian, you Viets should have known us for millenium :lol:
Yeah, and some time we slap u so hard to make sure that u wont forget the lesson :pop:
In 1075, Wang Anshi, the prime minister, told the Song emperor that Đại Việt was being destroyed byChampa, with less than ten thousand soldiers surviving, hence it would be a good occasion to annex Đại Việt. The Song emperor mobilized troops and passed a decree to forbid all the provinces to trade with Đại Việt. Upon hearing the news, the Lý ruler sent Lý Thường Kiệt and Tôn Đản with more than 100,000 troops to China to carry out a pre-emptive attack against the Song troops. In the ensuing 40-day battle near modern-day Nanning, the Đại Việt troops were victorious, capturing the generals of three Song armies.
Lý dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam? | Page 137

Wow, some of the estimation about US pushing Vietnam into US camp is WAY OFF. Why do we need Vietnam to be with the US camp, if the goal is simply to contain China?

Well, nobody will believe me if I say US is not to push any country around, but hey...So, let's just talk about US pivot to Asia and the global containment of China, shall we?

The question is not whether or not US force Vietnam into their camp, there are no ifs or buts, US does not need Vietnam into US camp to counter China. American current strategic allies (namely Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Australia and Taiwan) have

3 Fleet carrier

7 Small carrier (4 LHD from US, 2 LHD from Japan and 1 LHD from South Korea)

100+ Destroyer and Frigate (35-40 AB destroyer from US, 26 Destroyer and 17 Frigate from Japan, 12 Destroyer and 11 Frigate from ROKN, 10-12 Frigate from RAN, 6 Frigate from Singapore and 4 Destroyer and 22 Frigate from ROCN)

64 Submarine (30 submarine from US Navy, 16 submarine from JMSDF,13 Submarine from ROKN, 6 Submarine from RAN, 7 Submarine from Singaporean Navy and 2 Submarine from ROCN)

I mean, it's not that US don't want Vietnam or India, in some extend to the US camp, but US simply don't need to if the objective is simply to contain China, China cannot match the current US strategic Allies output number by number, pound by pound.

The US do not need India or Vietnam in US camp to counter China, US can take China and its allies in Asia alone with the already Strategic allies, but for that to happen, other country in SCS and Asia need to stay out of the way and play neutral.

Russia, on the other hand, would swing either way, they could be neutral in SCS or they could be helping the Chinese, but the problem is, the US can accept certain degree of Russian Help toward China to break the containment, but a large scale help on the table would upset the balance. However, coming back to the issue about Russia helping China on the table. Why would Russia do that?? If Russia get involve directly , both US, China and Russia would be damaged a significant heaps in the mess, along with Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Australia to some degree, however, since US is not even based on Asia, their damage can be replace rather quickly, assuming such a conflict will not turn to nuclear scale.

But with Russia sideline themselves, and sitting afar and watch US having a go at China and damage each other would serve the Russian interest a lot more than helping China. SO why push Russia into the equation by pushing India and Vietnam out of their sphere of influence??

The ball, contrary to most Chinese member here said. Is in Vietnam hand. US don't need Vietnam to be in US camp, I mean sure, it would be nice for US if they have more allies, but that would have to be up to Vietnam themselves. If Vietnam want to be in the US camp, then things have got to change, if not, that's fine too, as long as Vietnam stay neutral in the pivot thing. So this is up to Vietnam, not US to determine how close they want to get.

@Viet @BoQ77 @Carlosa @Peter C

Wow, some of the estimation about US pushing Vietnam into US camp is WAY OFF. Why do we need Vietnam to be with the US camp, if the goal is simply to contain China?

Well, nobody will believe me if I say US is not to push any country around, but hey...So, let's just talk about US pivot to Asia and the global containment of China, shall we?

The question is not whether or not US force Vietnam into their camp, there are no ifs or buts, US does not need Vietnam into US camp to counter China. American current strategic allies (namely Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Australia and Taiwan) have

3 Fleet carrier

7 Small carrier (4 LHD from US, 2 LHD from Japan and 1 LHD from South Korea)

100+ Destroyer and Frigate (35-40 AB destroyer from US, 26 Destroyer and 17 Frigate from Japan, 12 Destroyer and 11 Frigate from ROKN, 10-12 Frigate from RAN, 6 Frigate from Singapore and 4 Destroyer and 22 Frigate from ROCN)

64 Submarine (30 submarine from US Navy, 16 submarine from JMSDF,13 Submarine from ROKN, 6 Submarine from RAN, 7 Submarine from Singaporean Navy and 2 Submarine from ROCN)

I mean, it's not that US don't want Vietnam or India, in some extend to the US camp, but US simply don't need to if the objective is simply to contain China, China cannot match the current US strategic Allies output number by number, pound by pound.

The US do not need India or Vietnam in US camp to counter China, US can take China and its allies in Asia alone with the already Strategic allies, but for that to happen, other country in SCS and Asia need to stay out of the way and play neutral.

Russia, on the other hand, would swing either way, they could be neutral in SCS or they could be helping the Chinese, but the problem is, the US can accept certain degree of Russian Help toward China to break the containment, but a large scale help on the table would upset the balance. However, coming back to the issue about Russia helping China on the table. Why would Russia do that?? If Russia get involve directly , both US, China and Russia would be damaged a significant heaps in the mess, along with Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Australia to some degree, however, since US is not even based on Asia, their damage can be replace rather quickly, assuming such a conflict will not turn to nuclear scale.

But with Russia sideline themselves, and sitting afar and watch US having a go at China and damage each other would serve the Russian interest a lot more than helping China. SO why push Russia into the equation by pushing India and Vietnam out of their sphere of influence??

The ball, contrary to most Chinese member here said. Is in Vietnam hand. US don't need Vietnam to be in US camp, I mean sure, it would be nice for US if they have more allies, but that would have to be up to Vietnam themselves. If Vietnam want to be in the US camp, then things have got to change, if not, that's fine too, as long as Vietnam stay neutral in the pivot thing. So this is up to Vietnam, not US to determine how close they want to get.

@Viet @BoQ77 @Carlosa @Peter C

What you are saying is correct, but the US statement asking VN to not let Russia use the Viet air base and saying that we have a lot to offer you clearly indicates that they DO want VN on their camp, we can speculate about the reasons, but that statement is already clear enough.

I would guess the reasons are not about military assets (other than possibly using military bases in VN), but more as to the effect of having a grand coalition in SCS and I suspect that there are agreements with PH and VN already in terms of how to act regarding UNCLOS.

Last edited:

]
Your analyst base on the hope that VN will stay neutral, but what will happen if we dont ??

We r so poor now, we need money to bail out our economy, we will do anything for any one who give us enough money to solve the economic problem :pop:

What you are saying is correct, but the US statement asking VN to not let Russia use the Viet air base and saying that we have a lot to offer you clearly indicates that they DO want VN on their camp, we can speculate about the reasons, but that statement is already clear enough.

lol I am not saying US don't want Vietnam to be in US camp, but US won't need Vietnam in US Camp for containing China.

Of Course US is going to try and entice Vietnam, but to use the word "Forced" it is not actually the case, since there are no need, why Force? Change, don't change, it's up to Vietnam, not what US trying to force anything...

lol I am not saying US don't want Vietnam to be in US camp, but US won't need Vietnam in US Camp for containing China.

Of Course US is going to try and entice Vietnam, but to use the word "Forced" it is not actually the case, since there are no need, why Force? Change, don't change, it's up to Vietnam, not what US trying to force anything...

Oh ok, didn't noticed that someone used the word "force", that doesn't make sense.
I edited my previous post and added info by the way.

Why American suddenly reveal that their nuclear sub operated in SCS for several months so far?

U.S. Submarine in Asia Trip as Obama Seeks to Assure Allies - Bloomberg Business
US cruise missile submarines deployed to Asia-Pacific|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com
Louisville visits Singapore during Western Pacific deployment

Two of the US Navy's four Ohio-class cruise missile submarines have been deployed to the Asia-Pacific to cruise disputed waters in the East China Sea, South China Sea and the Philippine Sea, according to the London-based Jane's Defence Review.

Your analyst base on the hope that VN will stay neutral, but what will happen if we dont ??

We r so poor now, we need money to bail out our economy, we will do anything for any one who give us enough money to solve the economic problem :pop:

lol, you serious?? Cause if you don't stay neutral, you can only swing toward US or Swing toward China, if Vietnam don't stay neutral, that not much different either way, sorry to say, Vietnam is not a force to be reckon with, so if they join US camp, China wont feel much, if they join the Chinese Camp, US won't feel much. on the other hand, India, would play a pivotal role as they have substantial navy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom