What's new

Unfair to even compare Virat Kohli with Joe Root: Kevin Pietersen

we do not have data regarding older bowlers so we can't compare. But Kohli has much better attacking and defending skill than Sachin.

I see Sachin as one of the great from India, but not on par against Rahul Dravid. He just got fame coz he belongs to Maharashtra and that's why he was medias favourite, and that is one of the reason he got "Bharat Ratna" too.

He got fame coz he was from maharashtra ?
lol man, never heard a hilarious joke than this. Absolute rubbish.

I dont know how old you are, but only kids of 90's will know what sachin was and why he rose to the fame he got.
Only 90's kids will know sticking to tv to watch india bat, and switching off the tv after sachin got out.

Idk much about cricket but Kohli seems like an overrated pretty boy.

sachin was better cause criket specially pitches and bowlers were better! Kohli is good but no sir he is no sachin!

Sachin was a selfish player.. He was never a match winner... He used to play for his own runs..and then get out... I hardly saw him ever to win match for india alone, under pressure... In tht respect.. I rate Inzimam much higher than Sachin... Though nowhere close to records of Sachin, i think Inzi won more matches for Pakistan singlehandedly than Sachin for India.... Virat kohli is a match winner... He wins matches singlehandedly

Sachin was a selfish player.. He was never a match winner... He used to play for his own runs..and then get out... I hardly saw him ever to win match for india alone, under pressure... In tht respect.. I rate Inzimam much higher than Sachin... Though nowhere close to records of Sachin, i think Inzi won more matches for Pakistan singlehandedly than Sachin for India.... Virat kohli is a match winner... He wins matches singlehandedly
Well yes i agree bu for sake on discussion with indian i had to compare kohli to sachin! But comparing them i rate sachin higher than kohli just because of quality of crucket that was veing played at that time!

Joe Root should be compared to greats like Javed Miandad and Younis Khan or Inzi , unfair to compare to Kholi , as he only does well on dead indian pitches

We need the Batsman like Virat Kohli in Pakistani Team..

Are You agree?

He got fame coz he was from maharashtra ?
lol man, never heard a hilarious joke than this. Absolute rubbish.

I dont know how old you are, but only kids of 90's will know what sachin was and why he rose to the fame he got.
Only 90's kids will know sticking to tv to watch india bat, and switching off the tv after sachin got out.
I am a kid of 90s, I used to watch him as well, but giving him Bharat ratna and calling him "God" cannot be justified.

He was considered as one of selfish batsman(see his last century against BD and other e.g), see his record of getting out in 90s and number of ball he has wasted to get to a century. Same applies to Kohli as well, coz he also goes on tuk-tuk mode in 90s.

I am a kid of 90s, I used to watch him as well, but giving him Bharat ratna and calling him "God" cannot be justified.

He was considered as one of selfish batsman(see his last century against BD and other e.g), see his record of getting out in 90s and number of ball he has wasted to get to a century. Same applies to Kohli as well, coz he also goes on tuk-tuk mode in 90s.
Every player is not Sehwag....Btw can you name 3 player from his generation who has better average and better strike rate after scoring 10000 runs then him.....

kohli,joe root and williamson are one category. each have his own qualities.
babar azam,de kock,band rabada are future best.
hashim amla, devilliars,cook and yunous khan are teachers of all.

Dhoni and Kohli are match winners. We have won numerous matches by batting of these two guys. We won many matches because of sachin but many of them were sachin batting first making huge score making oppositions impossible to chase.His batting record of chasing is not very effective.

Dhoni and Kohli are match winners. We have won numerous matches by batting of these two guys. We won many matches because of sachin but many of them were sachin batting first making huge score making oppositions impossible to chase.His batting record of chasing is not very effective.

True....you perfectly summed up abt Sachin... When he won you matches, it was because of him batting first, and giving huge score to oposition .. I hardly ever saw him scoring runs under pressure.. Even dravid was much better than Sachin...

Oh yes..how could i forget dhoni? Dhoni is a match winner... I have huge respect for him... Also because he is a thorough gentleman... I love his humble attitude... Never seen him getting hyper on indias win... He is always very calm and composed..no showoff.....On this aspect, i think Virat kohli has to work a lot... Though i admire his batting skills, and him being a match winner... But his attitude puts me off... Very arrogant....show off type... Need to take some lessons from dhoni in this regard....

Last edited:
Every player is not Sehwag....Btw can you name 3 player from his generation who has better average and better strike rate after scoring 10000 runs then him.....
You name me one player who got chance at the age of 16 and played for 24 years continuously, and never dropped from the team because there was a hope that he might perform in next match. For me he was the Rohit Sharma of 90s.

He was definitely the best batsman in our team of 90s and then in 1st decade also, but that doesn't make him the greatest or better than Kohli. Coz Kholi took on matches single handedly(under pressure) while chasing,Sachin was a bad chaser, and you can also see the record of India against other teams while he played for team.

See his records while chasing or while he scores century, you will know that he was playing for his career. Kohli too sometimes plays tuk-tuk game while in 90s but most of the time he makes sure that he brings India home.

Kohli is the best match winner ever, especially in T20's and ODI's. Last Two games of T20 world cups and Kohli chasing against Australia, @anant_s ...
so how many ODI & test centuries did combined force of Javed Miandad+Younis Khan+Inzi made and what was there ODI & Test batting avrage now compare that to VK :sarcastic:
VK doesn't have a good test record for his standard. Compare him with Younis, younis averages over 50 in test and has 33 odd centuries, near 10,000 runs. Kohli is nowhere near that in test. Don't compare him with any legend. They played in a different era. Inzimam has a better record for that matter. Grow up.

Back
Top Bottom