What's new

US B-2 bombers sent to Korea on rare mission

Relax! They ain't as invincible as you seem to suggest. One B-2 was shot down over Kosovo and one over Iraq.

When did that happen..? F-117 was shot down in Kosovo imo.

Ummm..

There was NEVER a B-2 shot down.. A F-117 first generation stealth was shot down using patterned traps.
Moreover.. the B-2 was designed to penetrate soviet Russia with a massive and integrated ADGE along with interceptors.
Covering up such incidents is the hallmark of US counter int and secrecy. That info was from a whistle-blower. 24 B-2s were produced. Two crashed and two shot down. Present strength 20.

Secondly, I hope you are aware that the QRs were modified during the B-2s construction? Though they were initially designed for penetrating Soviet air space in the 80s, this changed after the cold war. The B-2, in the envisaged Cold War scenario, was to perform only deep-penetrating nuclear strike missions, making use of its stealthy capabilities to avoid detection and interception throughout missions. However, in light of the dissolution of the Soviet Union, it was decided to equip the B-2 for conventional precision attacks as well. The first of the B-2s flew in 1997, a decade after the end of the cold war with a modified set of ASQRs. So the B-2s are not exactly what the USAF wanted them for in the 80s.

In 2012, Air Force Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz stated the B-2's 1980s-era stealth would make it less survivable in future contested airspaces, so the USAF is to proceed with the Next-Generation Bomber despite overall budget cuts. Project cost? $55 billion.

I'm afraid these idiots in the White House and Pentagon will take us to another war in which we can ill afforded. If there'll be a war in the Korea Peninsula it leaves no doubt in the eyes of the world, people and historians, we're the most warmongering nation in modern time.

Covering up such incidents is the hallmark of US counter int and secrecy. That info was from a whistle-blower. 24 B-2s were produced. Two crashed and two shot down. Present strength 20.
Yeah...You go on believe that.

Secondly, I hope you are aware that the QRs were modified during the B-2s construction? Though they were initially designed for penetrating Soviet air space in the 80s, this changed after the cold war. The B-2, in the envisaged Cold War scenario, was to perform only deep-penetrating nuclear strike missions, making use of its stealthy capabilities to avoid detection and interception throughout missions. However, in light of the dissolution of the Soviet Union, it was decided to equip the B-2 for conventional precision attacks as well. The first of the B-2s flew in 1997, a decade after the end of the cold war with a modified set of ASQRs. So the B-2s are not exactly what the USAF wanted them for in the 80s.

In 2012, Air Force Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz stated the B-2's 1980s-era stealth would make it less survivable in future contested airspaces, so the USAF is to proceed with the Next-Generation Bomber despite overall budget cuts. Project cost? $55 billion.
Less survivable does not mean less effective. If 'stealth' in the B-2 has deteriorated to the point where we have to cover up combat losses, and what a joke that is, then why is anybody technically comptetent scrambling to make their own 'stealth' aircrafts?

I'm afraid these idiots in the White House and Pentagon will take us to another war in which we can ill afforded. If there'll be a war in the Korea Peninsula it leaves no doubt in the eyes of the world, people and historians, we're the most warmongering nation in modern time.
You mean the idiots in North Korea that will drag US into another war which we can still quite afford.

First of all, where do you get the number of 24 B-22 ever produced??

You do know every aircraft need international certification and registration, Military Aircraft is not excluded.
Each B-2 comes with a dedicated Serial Number and an international regonized Squawk code

AV-1

Test/30

82-1066

Spirit of America

14 July 2000 – Active[122]

AV-2

Test/30

82-1067

Spirit of Arizona

4 December 1997 – Active

AV-3

Test/30

82-1068

Spirit of New York

10 October 1997 – Active, Flight Test

AV-4

Test/30

82-1069

Spirit of Indiana

22 May 1999 – Active

AV-5

Test/20

82-1070

Spirit of Ohio

18 July 1997 – Active

AV-6

Test/30

82-1071

Spirit of Mississippi

23 May 1997 – Active

AV-7

88-0328

Spirit of Texas

21 August 1994 – Active

AV-8

88-0329

Spirit of Missouri

31 March 1994 – Active

AV-9

88-0330

Spirit of California

17 August 1994 – Active

AV-10

88-0331

Spirit of South Carolina

30 December 1994 – Active

AV-11

88-0332

Spirit of Washington

29 October 1994 – Severely damaged by fire[112]

AV-12

89-0127

Spirit of Kansas

17 February 1995 – 23 February 2008, Crashed[107]

AV-13

89-0128

Spirit of Nebraska

28 June 1995 – Active

AV-14

89-0129

Spirit of Georgia

14 November 1995 – Active

AV-15

90-0040

Spirit of Alaska

24 January 1996 – Active

AV-16

90-0041

Spirit of Hawaii

10 January 1996 – Active

AV-17

92-0700

Spirit of Florida

3 July 1996 – Active

AV-18

93-1085

Spirit of Oklahoma

15 May 1996 – Active

AV-19

93-1086

Spirit of Kitty Hawk

30 August 1996 – Active

AV-20

93-1087

Spirit of Pennsylvania

5 August 1997 – Active

AV-21

93-1088

Spirit of Louisiana

10 November 1997 – Active

Can you tell me which the 3 mission B-2 s/n and squawk code??

Also, it's IMPOSSIBLE if one of our B-2 were shot down over enemy line. If they do, the enemy will parade it like crazy and we will not hear the end of it. We do not control what our enemy boardcast, a downing of such plane will is out of any country's containment. You literally will not head the end of it. Or you suggest that the serd and Iraqi insurgent shot down our what they called "advance" bomber and not parade the wreck? It took 1 months for people to forget about the downing of F-117.

Unless you can show some proof. I consider your word is a joke.

^ AV-22-76, AV-77-133 and AV-134-165 were shown to be 'cancelled'. Were they really? :azn:
And have the top secret Nautilus and Aurora been given Serial Numbers and an international regonized Squawk code? No!

You mean the idiots in North Korea that will drag US into another war which we can still quite afford.

Yeah, I can imagine a known schoolyard bully is being drag to a fight he can easily wins. A fight he's been pushing for ever since he got two upper cut by somebody else.

Yeah, I can imagine a known schoolyard bully is being drag to a fight he can easily wins. A fight he's been pushing for ever since he got two upper cut by somebody else.

Being a taxpayer. You are partially responsible.

As if I have a choice.

The only choice we have is to pick A or B, unfortunately they are the same person with two faces.

you suggest that the serd and Iraqi insurgent shot down our what they called "advance" bomber and not parade the wreck? It took 1 months for people to forget about the downing of F-117.
Have you read the SOPs on crew and aircraft evacuation? You'll be surprised at the speed at which it is done - much before the enemy can get to them! Especially in an environment of air supremacy.....
:pop:

Have you read the SOPs on crew and aircraft evacuation? You'll be surprised at the speed at which it is done - much before the enemy can get to them! Especially in an environment of air supremacy.....
:pop:

So you are saying 2 aircraft that create out of thin air, and disappear out of thin air eh?? Only one thing can ever happen like this, that is as if the aircraft were never made before.

Dude, B-2 is a big aircraft, VERY big, not matter how you shot them up, there will be a trace of the wreck, do you reaaly think anyone, even the US, can make a crashed wreck disappear. Thermite Grenade and missile only make the wreck non-salvagable, not making them disappear. Any type of explosive create debris and debris, component and sometime intact parts are still availabe to see and Identify if they want to parade it

The only way to make an aircraft disappear is by recycling it. And do you know how it is to destroy an aircraft 100%, it take a team of 20 and 7 weeks to recycle a B-52.

Also, the focus is on no shot down claim, not no wreck to start with, if they did successfully shot down a B-2, will they brag about it or keep it to themselve?

Again, if you cannot provide any solid claim on the shot down and the making of 3 extra aircraft, i consider you word is full of xxxx

america's existence is important for power balance...........but they should rethink there strategies.

its easy 2 make enemies but hard to keep old friends....:pakistan::usflag:

No one INVADED another country here. One country with almost no economy and proper food, etc is threatening hundreds of millions of people in so many countries.......are you really saying this idiot sitting in NK needs NO warning? You can't just go around and talk about creating a 'sea of fire' on South Korea. They are humans too.

My guess, this MOFO doesn't stop, the B2 and a couple of F-22's need to fly at 10000 feet over their nuclear installations. He'll get the message that if he tries to attack SK, Japan or the US.....it won't just be a 'fly pass'. This is crazy. How could you allow a stupid and loose government to threaten about 450 million people in 3 countries around you?

It invaded Iraq and Afghanistan under forgede accusations.

The B-2 trip is a provoking method, it went on the borderline.

Are you really from Canada? Dont you have the modern system? Dont you know how it works?

We have no say. We pay the tax, if we dont we get fines and all sorts. It is a no win situation we are the slaves of the country. The tax money is wasted on wars, and feeding the benefit scroungers of our own country!

america's existence is important for power balance...........but they should rethink there strategies.

its easy 2 make enemies but hard to keep old friends....:pakistan::usflag:

Absolutely rubbish. You seem fake to me.

America is the one that has invaded 2 countries in the last 12 years. No one else has. Iran and NK "talk" about it to an extent. Doing and talk two big things and it dont mean you done it under false misrepresentation i.e. war on terror it is acceptable. What has this achieved, tell me? There is corruption in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If we rewind the clock 25 years back we can see that US pumped Saddam upto go to war with Iran. US set up and sponspors the terrorist zionist state of Israhell. US is the devil no one else.

Just like with technology nearly most countries have some form of it despite being 20 years behind. Upon saying this larger countries that are growing will have rockets and weaponary that can reach 10k miles like the US weapons. And the US knows this. These countries will get these whether it is in 2 years time, 20 years, 50 years, or a 100 years time. This is why the US keeps blagging about nuclear threats blah blah. Before it was war on terror, now its nuclear threat. So it can go in and send them another 20 years behind!

And please dont tell me Iraq is stable, the fool that took Saddams statue down 10 years later says "oh with Saddam there was security no corruption" uloo ka pata now you remember!

Also it needs to be noted that China is NK ally. And the US mentioned this in the media that "to deter China, the US sent to B2 bombers to show they can conduct a strike from thousands of miles away" or whatever the words were.

The US doesnt want China over taking, and China is sick of the US.

To me it is like this: Russia, China, Iran, NK, and probably Pakistan, on the other hand it is US, UK, Germany, France and the other lil sh!ts in Europe, not forgetting Israhell...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom