What's new

US exempts 11 nations from Iran sanctions; China, India exposed

Basically the US cannot place sanctions if India and China both remain steadfast in opposing Iran sanctions. If one of them caves, the other would automatically have to cave as well.

A united declarative statement must be issued, then US plans are toast. Otherwise once again US would win.

Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka should all back such a move.

Easier said than done, unfortunately. The USA is still the sole superpower (and will remain so for a long time).

If we could get that joint statement out, using something like the SCO or BRIC, that would definitely help though.

I don't know about that, but at the end of the day, the chances of one country nuking another is the chance that all nuclear-armed nations have to face equally.

Nobody gets special privileges for that, we just have to hope it doesn't happen to us.

Agree to disagree.

Not everyone is responsible with toys.

In my opinion, all the developing economies should group together and oppose the US on this move. India China Russia are already together on this. Let us show the bully that Lunch Break is finally over.

It's also not that simple.

India and USA are equal partners and while we have our differences such as this, we also have mutual interests. We should just tell them to back off this in lieu for our support some other time

Sorry..I thought you have enough comprehension skills to grasp my point....I'm just saying that we have 350 million people BPL and an equally big middle class whose life line is oil and we cannot do anything that will cause even a slight rise in petrol prices, which btw are already high. Iran is offering a very good deal and it is in our interest to take it with both hands.

Also iran is our gateway to Central asia and A'stan and it makes absolutely no sense in closing the only door we have to those landlocked regions.

The "civilized world" can go suck an egg.

You know you said it...Here or elsewhere.

don't mind him. JayAtl is just someone so much brainwashed by the west hoax. His standing is more pro-US than pro-India. He's calling me anti-India, which would otherwise fit himself better.

Basically the US cannot place sanctions if India and China both remain steadfast in opposing Iran sanctions. If one of them caves, the other would automatically have to cave as well.

A united declarative statement must be issued, then US plans are toast. Otherwise once again US would win.

Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka should all back such a move.

Question: do you know what the sanctions are ( entails)? do you know part of it are UN sanctions ( approved by majority)? do you know there is no " will not stand if we join hands " . It's also a US and Euro zone sanction imposed if you don't stand by it.

Do you not wonder Asim - if it was as simple as joining hands by 4-5 nations ( 4 of those you named don't even hold any leverage, frankly, in the world) , It would have happened? Not sure if you understand , you can hold hands and stand up but you will face US and Euro sanctions. Both regions each of the countries you named and then some are heavily dependent upon.

In my opinion, all the developing economies should group together and oppose the US on this move. India China Russia are already together on this. Let us show the bully that Lunch Break is finally over.

bingo, that's exactly the solution for being in a blackmailed world.

always keep in mind this world is still falling law of the jungle.

Question: do you know what the sanctions are ( entails)? do you know part of it are UN sanctions ( approved by majority)? do you know there is no " will not stand if we join hands " . It's also a US and Euro zone sanction imposed if you don't stand by it.

Do you not wonder Asim - if it was as simple as joining hands by 4-5 nations ( 4 of those you named don't even hold any leverage, frankly, in the world) , It would have happened?

India supports UN sanctions - as any responsible nation would do - but not US/Euro sanctions. It is that simple.

India supports UN sanctions - as any responsible nation would do - but not US/Euro sanctions. It is that simple.

ah okay, again the memo did not get to MMS. re: not supporting US/ EU sanctions. Make sure you speak to him today.

It is happening already. Iran has not submitted to the USA, and Iran's major customers are still buying Iranian oil. :azn:

I need to visit this alternative universe you seem to get your talking points from. Because in this one- Both India and China have reduced & continue to reduce their oil in take from Iran. But hey! let not facts stop you... never has ;)

:hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall: I'm done proving the world is round to this crowd of " refuse to read real facts but full of my kind of facts " crowd .

It is a fact that an Indian trade delegation (infact one of the largest) recently visited Iran to enhance trade ties..Perhaps the world is not a round..but an oblate spheroid.

any chinese leader submitting to the demands of the murderous american regime must be hung.

china will stand with iran.

It is happening already. Iran has not submitted to the USA, and Iran's major customers are still buying Iranian oil. :azn:

I am often surprised by your naivety; Iran is heavily dependent on Western service providers in oil & gas exploration, production and related activities. Iranian output will slow dramatically as more and more Western firms give in to their own survival instincts and leave. Several firms crucial to the Iranian Oil & Gas enterprise have left, and others are in the process of leaving, without the technology and skilled work force that these firms bring to Iran; Iran will not be able to sustain its current output.

So even if India and China stand firm and defy US sanctions it is a losing proposition for both. It is only a matter of time, soon Iran will have nothing to sell - Iran will back down.

Oil firm says it will withdraw from Iran - The Boston Globe

Japanese energy group to quit Iran oilfield - FT.com

So even if India and China stand firm and defy US sanctions it is a losing proposition for both. It is only a matter of time, soon Iran will have nothing to sell - Iran will back down.

Buddy, that is what you guys said about North Korea too.

And not only have North Korea developed nukes, but they are bombarding one of your closest allies (South Korea) whenever they feel like it.

The US is strong, no doubt about it. But there is a limit to power, there always is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom