What's new

US exempts 11 nations from Iran sanctions; China, India exposed

what was the report says China cut down Iranian oil import too? just a few weeks ago?

again this clearly tells China should not trust a word from the US. By game theory, if the US didn't act to China's goodwill to cut oil import, China should retaliate, just buy more from Iran.

or we only conclude that Americans are not only stup1d, but also against universal rules?

The USA is trying to make it as expensive as possible for China and India to keep buying Iranian oil.

And they are offering Saudi oil as an alternative. But neither China nor India is willing to make themselves dependent on a US ally for oil supplies.

what was the report says China cut down Iranian oil import too? just a few weeks ago?

again this clearly tells China should not trust a word from the US. By game theory, if the US didn't act to China's goodwill to cut oil import, China should retaliate, just buy more from Iran.

or we only conclude that Americans are not only stup1d, but also against universal rules?

wow amazing . in your book if they cut 50% OF WHAT EVERYONE IS REQUIRED to do. Then your logic says " voila, they adhered to the request" Down with amerika? :wave:

let's see your banks and its dealings with US and Europe ( both have sanction threat in place) will cease. Nor will any company that you deal with in those two entities nor will anyone who adheres to it ( like say japan)will deal with India.

Ok you have idea about these sanctions.

As I said the bank which takes care of the Iranian payments is a bank that has virtually zero exposure to markets outside India and good luck sanctioning the non-existent bank dealings.

Let us say that everyone switches to Saudi Arabia as their main supplier.

Then what happens the next time that the USA is demanding something (like sanctions on Iran)? :cheesy:

This essentially has made usa hijacking everyone onto its warship. S Arabia knows when to increase / decrease its production under the order of its master. Now we can talk with Iran gradually tightening up the slack let loose by the indians.

The USA is trying to make it as expensive as possible for China and India to keep buying Iranian oil.

And they are offering Saudi oil as an alternative. But neither China nor India is willing to make themselves dependent on a US ally for oil supplies.

appreciate your input- Just that a pesky fact is, both countries are adhering to the request...

As I said the bank which takes care of the Iranian payments is a bank that has virtually zero exposure to markets outside India and good luck sanctioning the non-existent bank dealings.

It's a good trick, but the USA will seek to squeeze further on other issues.

They don't care if they lose money. Even now, when the world is at risk for another recession, they are still trying to send oil prices sky-high by destabilizing the Middle East.

I have knowledge that your statement of virtually no exposure is no longer true after SWIFT removed Iran from its list 2 weeks ago. SWIFT code: you need to have for international banking transactions

It's a good trick, but the USA will seek to squeeze further on other issues.

They don't care if they lose money. Even now, when the world is at risk for another recession, they are still trying to send oil prices sky-high by destabilizing the Middle East.

nah we don't like nuclear weapons in the hands of terrorists. You like them , we don't - small difference.

appreciate your input- Just that a pesky fact is, both countries are adhering to the request...

To a limit..and that's NOT because US said so..but because of the volatility of the security climate in Iran and a general mood that US/Israel may attack Iran soon..so we are diversifying our supplies a bit.

I have knowledge that your statement of virtually no exposure is no longer true after SWIFT removed Iran from its list 2 weeks ago. SWIFT code: you need to have for international banking transactions.

We'll find a way. And until then, we can barter (imports for exports) and use Gold.

nah we don't like nuclear weapons in the hands of terrorists. You like them , we don't - small difference.

You consider the Iranian government to be terrorists? Even the US Government doesn't say that. :cheesy:

I have knowledge that your statement of virtually no exposure is no longer true after SWIFT removed Iran from its list 2 weeks ago. SWIFT code: you need to have for international banking transactions

Trust me we will find out a way (one idea already doing rounds is investing in the North-south railway corridor in Iran as payment for oil and I think a MoU has already been signed)...and I believe these threat of sanctions are only a eyewash and US could no really afford to lose both India and China.

Also now it will be crystal clear why F-16 and F-18 were booted out of the MRCA tender. Right Jay ? We could never trust US not to hang the threat of sanctions if we dont follow their lead..

Trust me we will find out a way (one idea already doing rounds is investing in the North-south railway corridor in Iran as payment for oil and I think a MoU has already been signed)...and I believe these threat of sanctions are only a eyewash and US could no really afford to lose both India and China.

Good idea, but investments in general are very risky.

Good idea, but investments in general are very risky.

It's time to take certain risks...it will provide us the gateway to A'stan and central asia while creating a system to pay Iran for its oil....double win-win for both India and Iran..

While I respect the Israeli right to existence, other countries cant be made to share their burden especially developing countries where these things are of great consequence.

Also now it will be crystal clear why F-16 and F-18 were booted out of the MRCA tender. Right Jay ? We could never trust US not to hang the threat of sanctions if we dont follow their lead..

I don't know where you are getting not trusting the US out of this. India voluntary removed the IPI pipe line if you remember. No darn F16/ F18 not being bought is going make too much a of difference. They only have NATO countries that buy them. Plus India is buying boat load of other military stuff from the US.

I don't know what these other forms of " work around" payments you think are reality based and timely, but I know " you can't work around sanctions". If all others in civilized countries are adhering to this , I think India ( AS IT IS!) should. I get the feeling that Indians want to be considered global power but can't come to terms that means you take global stances. Iran not having nuclear weapons is a global power like stance. You want to play with the big boys? then act as a responsible one..

Back
Top Bottom