What's new

US pressurizes Arabs to drop weapon purchase from Pakistan

I heard that US has pressurized many Arab countries to drop their plans to purchase military hardware from Pakistan, which were supposed to be relatively large numbers.
It is also said that KSA ordered 200 Al Khalids which are now dropped.
I'm really sorry to hear that. It seems your brethren aren't your brethren after all. Life isn't fair. Btw,the Brits had decided on the SA Rooivalk but were forced to drop it for the Apache some years back. Til now one of the best gunships in the world has only been sold to Cyprus!

I am sure they want Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman, Yemen, Jordan, Egypt, Libya, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco and Pakistan to do JV on Land vehicle, Naval Platforms and in Aerospace programs.

I am hopeful that all of these would sign up a deal very soon.

Pakistan needs to continue developing its own Defense Sector and not worry about third parties. Our main connection and focus should be joint ventures with our Strategic ally China. When we have products that are best in the World, the World will beat a Path to our door. Defense products are not purchased based on charity and brotherly love. They are purchased because the buyer gets the best bang for the buck.

Develop Products for Pakistan's Defense needs first and then develop products for other third world countries needs. Learn the art of Marketing which includes Market Segmentation and Market Development. Pakistan is has come a long way but it still needs to traverse much greater territory to reach the pinnacle of Science and Technology.

Problem with our people is we have low expectations of ourselves. We accomplish little in terms of Technology and we start beating our chest and patting ourselves on our backs and claiming how great we are. Let's face it , we lag far behind the World in terms of Technology. When it comes to Technology, we are still a third World country.

Let us first develop our knowledge and skills in terms of Science and Technology before we start bragging about how great we are.

if this new is true than its sad , Pakistan Army budget is already low as we are fighting a war on terror on two fronts , well i personally hope once USA leave Afghanistan things will start to get better for Pakistan .

Pakistan needs to continue developing its own Defense Sector and not worry about third parties. Our main connection and focus should be joint ventures with our Strategic ally China. When we have products that are best in the World, the World will beat a Path to our door. Defense products are not purchased based on charity and brotherly love. They are purchased because the buyer gets the best bang for the buck.

Develop Products for Pakistan's Defense needs first and then develop products for other third world countries needs. Learn the art of Marketing which includes Market Segmentation and Market Development. Pakistan is has come a long way but it still needs to traverse much greater territory to reach the pinnacle of Science and Technology.

Problem with our people is we have low expectations of ourselves. We accomplish little in terms of Technology and we start beating our chest and patting ourselves on our backs and claiming how great we are. Let's face it , we lag far behind the World in terms of Technology. When it comes to Technology, we are still a third World country.

Let us first develop our knowledge and skills in terms of Science and Technology before we start bragging about how great we are.

We need context:you're 3rd world,Muslim,threatened by sanctions and subject to all manner of dirty tricks and sabotage. Really,you haven't done badly at all. When I heard Morocco was buying a brigade of your armour and Bolivia was inducting a flight of Karakorums I knew your arms industry,though still in early stages had matured.

oman bought a few mushshaks...
iraq got 50 apc's (courtesey usa)....
what the arabs did get was our manpower.....pilots, officers, soldiers to train their militaries....

Saudis,Iranians etc also operate mushaks... it is perhaps one of the most successful systems produced by Pakistan .. exported in such large numbers..... hundreds of them were sold..

by honest , which one the "Arabs" will choose
if there will be a tie, USA or PAK. ?

The answer to this question lies in the answer of

What can we offer to Arabs as compared to U.S ?

No brotherhood involved , none .

If there is any consolation they do it to everyone.I remember in 2007/2008 my country need it 48 fighters to replace the aging Mig 21's,SAAB gave us an excelent offer with 100% off set but the american ambassador immediately held a meeting with our president(an american lackey).Afterwards he stopped every attempt of parliament to ink a deal with SAAB and basically he became a salesman for the F16's.His meddling with the deal and infuriating insistance for the F16's delayed the purchase,in 2009 the crisis came,the 6-7% yearly growth of our economy went of the window and there were no more money.Finally ,this year the president saw his dream become reality:we bought 12 SH F16 to be refurbished in America by american firms with an option for 24-36 in the next years.No ToT for us,no off set,no money coming back in the romanian economy ...and ,refurbished or not...no new planes,just more money straight into american pockets...

This is how these greedy f%cks operate folks,they own some local politicians and force them to do their biding even at the cost of huge losses for that politicians country.Some stay strong,others succumb,...we fell for it,probably the arabs did to.

The answer to this question lies in the answer of

What can we offer to Arabs as compared to U.S ?

No brotherhood involved , none .
i got the answer sir!:raise:
what about shaheen & ghouri?;):bounce:

i got the answer sir!:raise:
what about shaheen & ghouri?;):bounce:

Of course you did , doesn't take a genius long to figure it out . I hope the Pakistani nation understands this thing of countries being run on " interests " and not on " emotions " .

Well , if you want to risk International sanction on an already crippled economy sure , but the Arabs simply wont buy it in the first place , trust me since its very sensitive .

Of course you did , doesn't take a genius long to figure it out . I hope the Pakistani nation understands this thing of countries being run on " interests " and not on " emotions " .

Well , if you want to risk International sanction on an already crippled economy sure , but the Arabs simply wont buy it in the first place , trust me since its very sensitive .
i take your word sir!
not meant to argue!
but we were doing good in 2006 & 2007?
also not whole of arabians are fans of US, its house of sauds & thier smallar brothrs in UAE?
good lobby, good profile, is the assests of good marketing, we lack both?
i think, if we can really show them the israeli threat to them, & its range hopefully, its goes well under radar of sanctions?
sirya is the prime example, sam 300 ? right!
& no airraids!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom