What's new

US to veto Palestinian bid for statehood at UN

"I wish someday I will wake up and see America and Israel - the biggest terrorist organizations ever destroyed"

-Me

I keep telling the world but they don't listen. Just disregard the entire UNSC. These 5 nations are no better than us, to have the right to veto. They should all get 1 vote.

Nothing new. it was bound to happen. Sometime i feel, what's importance of UNSEC when U.S. has all the power and rest 4 are mere spectacular.

Nothing new. it was bound to happen. Sometime i feel, what's importance of UNSEC when U.S. has all the power and rest 4 are mere spectacular.

You Indians need to reflect on this a lot more. You are currently the biggest driver of the restructuring in the UNSC, however what I feel is that you will get a lot more takers, including Pakistan if you rose your voice in dissolving the UNSC not becoming a part of it.

You Indians need to reflect on this a lot more. You are currently the biggest driver of the restructuring in the UNSC, however what I feel is that you will get a lot more takers, including Pakistan if you rose your voice in dissolving the UNSC not becoming a part of it.

But Sir, Your best friend China is also part of UNSEC. Why they are not doing anything if she has favourable view on Palestine? Except Middle-east and other Muslim countries no one is opposing US veto in that way.

Also we have good relation with both Palestine and Israel. So, we can neither support nor oppose if we had the opportunity.

The American pro-Israel lobby group? Heard of it well too many times.

But isn't it dumb, that nations that have nothing to do with the region, are allowed to approve or veto a decision that will affect lifes in far away lands? If any decision is made, it should be made by the Israels and Palestinians, the ones who are directly affected by this conflict.

Then why did they go to the UN. The Israelies and Palestinians can resolve the issue themselves. Let only two of them sit together and talk. No US, no Arab countries.

Then why did they go to the UN. The Israelies and Palestinians can resolve the issue themselves. Let only two of them sit together and talk. No US, no Arab countries.

That would be ideal, but after all this years if they can't sit down and talk, do you really think they will do it in the future?

Agree with you though, Arab countries and the US should really mind their own business.

Actually they need to do away with the UN. It's a corrupt bureaucratic money pit.

US to veto Palestinian statehood, because parasitic Zionist that have latched onto the US Congress and Government have heavy influence over US lawmakers and Executive branch. Their lobbyist and money influence campaigns, elections, decisions, etc. Their connection with media and banks all exert tremendous pressure.

Considering in the 1950's-60's US was a more even handed player in regards to the Israeli-Arab conflict. Now that Zionist have latched themselves on, they are able to influence US foreign policy to a good extent.

Actually they need to do away with the UN. It's a corrupt bureaucratic money pit.

Nope not going to happen because the US or more precisely, the high IQ US elite whose motives the common Americans and their soldiers (dubbed by one of them, Henry Kissinger, as "dumb animals to be used") cannot see, finds the UN a useful advertising tool for the US's agenda. When it goes wrong (maybe once in a century; they used up this century's mistake with Iraq) they'll ignore it, but most of the time it doesn't go wrong, it's instead spectacularly successful.

If i'm not mistaken, Obama was quoted (during his campaign season and subsequently in passing and in official speeches) as saying that he will push hard for an "independent, sovereign state of Palestine" and for it to "becom[e] a new member of the UN" (in an other speech, of several, he spoke about the formation of a Palestinian state and how US recognizes the 1967 borders (
)

so it's very interesting that by reneging on a core issue he promised to address, his administration is talking about it's mighty veto power which would essentially be detrimental to a cause which hundreds of other countries sympathize with and support earnestly.

at this current juncture, the US is doing a huge dis-service to itself; an inexperienced Obama will go down in history as one of the weakest and most un-accomplished of Presidents. A man who made promises (some unrealistic) only to fall back on them.

the issue of Palestine will always be a core issue that is of much resentment in the Arab and greater Muslim world. In fact, with spread of media and internet in an ever-globalizing world ---the issue has caught the attention of a huge number of non Arab and non-Muslim NGOs, thinktanks, and public/private activists and people in political positions. . .

but then again, the power of the VETO is of much power and might.....the UN will continue to be a toothless, worthless and UNable organization which fewer people will bother to take seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
there should be no veto power ........... that only benefits interests of big powers.
shame on USA.................UN is a puppet organization

Yes you are right. isnt the veto power of some countries against democracy.

I keep telling the world but they don't listen. Just disregard the entire UNSC. These 5 nations are no better than us, to have the right to veto. They should all get 1 vote.
Thanks!.......thats the best thing I heard from u to make me happi.....Yes These five countries don't have right to decide the fate of the other countries.....they must be termed as dictators if they don't agree with that......:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom