What's new

We do not value life in India: Dinesh Trivedi

Great point, I was watching Top Gear India Special and Clarkson mentioned something like over a hundred people die on the roads of India each day. Government seems to do little to improve traffic problems and enforce driving regulation.

I think because India is extremely populated and densely populated very crowded cities and areas, people shoulder to shoulder everywhere you go in the cities (as far as I know) human life is just seen as a number, rather than a human or person.

As for road accidents, I would say that considering that the law for regulating driving and auto safety is not good and in very poor shape. You don't need to have a license to drive, I used to drive at the age of 12 and there was little to nothing anyone said to me or corrected me. Population is a factor, plus there isn't enough police force to enforce the laws.

Mamta trying to act all high and mighty, they only see the votes not the life of people.

As for the Railway, there should have been a hike on fair, we can't have the railway go into a deficit and ask the government for money. The railway already employs a huge amount of people, the government should take proper action into making sure that the railway is generating revenue.

Not everyone, only the Hindu terrorists don't, as evident from their genocidal past.

post reported, why trolling?

@The railway fares need to be increased by atleast by Rs 100 in sleeper class and 200-300 in AC class, to just maintain the railways. Otherwise it is doomed to go by Air India way.

We're the other victim of Mamta's politics. Bangali politicians are the worst in the world.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guys lets not just bash Mamta here...Today we also voted against Lanka and this time the party responsible is DMK...The real issue is coalition politics...Since there is no clear mandate from people regional parties have gained strength...It is this power that is making us see regional issues taking precedence over national issues...If you look at bills brought in by govt. one must say some of them made lot of sense...However regional parties who are holding the govt. from their balls did not let any of that happen...

On the other hand there is a manifesto which these regional parties adhere to...Now you cannot expect DMK to ignore Tamil card otherwise it is curtains for them in next assembly elections. Same is true for Mamta...So once again the real power is coalition politics which unfortunately is going to stay...
We give a damn about DMK, the party lost its credibility with the Tamil People by the time he enacted a drama of fasting to stop the war in SL, if the center says they will give his party men the ministry of the departments that yeild hefty money, the a hole Karunanidi will not talk a word about Tamils interest, or for the life of Tamils in SL.
The people of Tamil Nadu are the reason that the Center has taken a decession to go against SL, had INDIA abstained or voted in favour of SL, you'll see a bloody civil dis obediance movement in TN.

We do not harbor any one who is a enemy of the nation, but do not make a enemy out of us.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guys lets not just bash Mamta here...Today we also voted against Lanka and this time the party responsible is DMK...The real issue is coalition politics...Since there is no clear mandate from people regional parties have gained strength...It is this power that is making us see regional issues taking precedence over national issues...If you look at bills brought in by govt. one must say some of them made lot of sense...However regional parties who are holding the govt. from their balls did not let any of that happen...

On the other hand there is a manifesto which these regional parties adhere to...Now you cannot expect DMK to ignore Tamil card otherwise it is curtains for them in next assembly elections. Same is true for Mamta...So once again the real power is coalition politics which unfortunately is going to stay...

DMK's job in parliament is to represent the concerns of the people who voted it to power and they did just that..actually not only DMK but every single party in TN was united on this.

DMK's job in parliament is to represent the concerns of the people who voted it to power and they did just that..actually not only DMK but every single party in TN was united on this.
DMK is doomed in TN among the educated masses for its stand on SL Tamil issue during the eelam war. I wish that Karunanidhi and his blood line should not have a clean death for what they did(detrayal) to the Tamils

Am very disappointed with the election results of two of my neighbours.. UP and WB... What a waste of opportunity.. This lady Mamta is more left than Left itself.. She will turn bengal in a mess.. Hope the next govt. in centre does not need her support.

I gotta agree. Its true that we don't value life as much as we should. I think its because of our over population and our cultural beliefs that a person dies to reborn again. So I think it kind of offsets the sadness I guess.

People who say that this was done to help aam aadmi is just lying. This decision to roll back fares will one day come back to bite this same aam aadami in the a**.

No top politician cares about human life, thats how it goes. Only hippies care about life.

in a country where millions crap out in the open every day and where people die every day on the roads and railroads this is not surprising this Trivedi guy despite being from that useless party led by that dimwit Mamta seems like a good politician and he is right when he mentions politics should be below the national system and gov't (Judiciary,legislative,executive) one thing we need is reform and thats what this guy was going to do until mamta stopped him and made him quit now some other idiot who wants people to keep on dying on the tracks is our minister

remember guys we live in a democracy you can stop this by not voting for populists quite surprising how the illiterate poor vote out in scores but the hard working taxpayers do not because they too have given up on the system and quite frankly who can blame them? India's gov't is a POS useless and ineffective.

in a country where millions crap out in the open every day and where people die every day on the roads and railroads this is not surprising this Trivedi guy despite being from that useless party led by that dimwit Mamta seems like a good politician and he is right when he mentions politics should be below the national system and gov't (Judiciary,legislative,executive) one thing we need is reform and thats what this guy was going to do until mamta stopped him and made him quit now some other idiot who wants people to keep on dying on the tracks is our minister

remember guys we live in a democracy you can stop this by not voting for populists quite surprising how the illiterate poor vote out in scores but the hard working taxpayers do not because they too have given up on the system and quite frankly who can blame them? India's gov't is a POS useless and ineffective.

Thats why I always believed that there should be certain sets of criteria for a person to become eligible to vote (not just 18 years and a ration card). It may sound elitist but that will prevent the guys who are persuaded by daroo and Rs 500 on election day from voting.

No top politician cares about human life, thats how it goes. Only hippies care about life.

No , countries like Israel & West care about their citizens. Instead of that KSA diplomat if a US/UK diplomat was shot in BD, you will surely know what I mean.

Thats why I always believed that there should be certain sets of criteria for a person to become eligible to vote (not just 18 years and a ration card). It may sound elitist but that will prevent the guys who are persuaded by daroo and Rs 500 on election day from voting.

Then it won't be a democracy. Democracy requires "universal suffrage" (for everyone).

Which is why HK is not a democracy, even though we can vote here. We don't have universal suffrage.

I think its easier to ensure that no party persuades voters to buy daroo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom