What's new

We want peace in Kashmir : Omar Abdulla

Ammyy

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
This thread dedicated for them who questioning Government of J&K to stop protesters to visit graves and stop them for prayers

Just because they want peace in J&K

Omar Questions BJP's 'Kashmir Chalo' Campaign

Asking BJP to drop its plan to hoist the national flag at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on Republic Day, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today warned the party that it would be responsible for "any repercussions" in the Valley.

Abdullah accused BJP of trying to set Kashmir on fire again after peace returned to the Valley following a prolonged civil unrest.

The BJP however rubbished Omar's charge that it was trying to incite violence.

"When Kashmir is now quite they (BJP) want to set it on fire again", Omar told reporters in Jammu.

He was replying to a question on the 'Kashmir Chalo' rally of the youth wing of the BJP and its plan to hoist the national tricolour at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on January 26.

The flag will be hoisted at an official function in Srinagar on January 26, Omar said, adding, "What is the need for an individual to hoist the flag?

If their aim is to set Kashmir afire, please tell them to stop. If there are repercussions, I will hold them personally responsible," Omar said.

"They should not hold me responsible if there is a fallout of that in Kashmir. They will have to come and sort it out. They shall not hold me responsible," Omar who was flanked by his father and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah, said.

BJP said the party's plan to carry the national flag from West Bengal to Kashmir Valley and hoist it in Srinagar was aimed at promoting national sovereignty and solidarity.

"Despite committing a blunder-a-day and making arrogant statements, Omar Abdullah continues to head a government supported by the Congress. He has raised questions on our plan to hoist the national flag at Srinagar but forgotten the sacrifice made by the likes of Shyama Prasad Mukherjee," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.

Hussain termed Abdullah's comments as "unfortunate" and said the BJP did not need a certificate from him on the issue of national solidarity. He also asked the Chief Minister to change his attitude.

Dragging the Congress into the debate, Hussain said since the party was supporting Abdullah's government it should clarify if it had any objections to Indians hoisting the national flag in Srinagar.

Earlier, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley had also slammed Abdullah's comments.

"BJP maintains that Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India... We are going to carry the national flag not in one state but through several states... This is part of a campaign for national sovereignty and solidarity," Jaitley said, adding that the yatra was not aimed at inciting violence.

The main opposition party is organising a Rashtriya Ekta Yatra starting from Kolkata on January 12 which will pass through several states and culminate in Srinagar on January 26 with hoisting of the national flag at the Lal Chowk.

Omar said the flag will be hoisted at numerous places.

"Every district headquarter will have a flag hoisting ceremony. Every security camp, Army establishment and police structure will have flag hoisting," he said.

"What is the need for the BJP to hoist a flag at Lal Chowk? Are they more nationalistic than the rest of us? If a minister hoists a flag in Srinagar is that somewhat not relevant? Will their flag hoisting be more relevant?" the Chief Minister asked.

As a Indian I am disappointed but for peace in our Country so may be its good option

http://news.outlookindia.com/item.aspx?707315

^^^ Actually what Omar says is correct.

Now is not the time for these. Let the situation in the Valley get back to normalcy and let the BJP do these things after that.

No one needs to certify that Kashmir is Indian territory by doing these things.We know better.

^^^ Actually what Omar says is correct.

Now is not the time for these. Let the situation in the Valley get back to normalcy and let the BJP do these things after that.

No one needs to certify that Kashmir is Indian territory by doing these things.We know better.

Agreed we dnt want more Indians will die in all these paid protests :tdown:

so does everyone else.

Zulm bhi ho aur Amn rahe?

Do not need to say much more than that.:pakistan:

We want peace in Kashmir : Omar Abdulla

Kashmiris wants you out Mr. Omar.

and so does every one else..and the sooner Omar realize the disturbing faction the better..i bet he is not awaiting a fate like Salman Taseer!

If their aim is to set Kashmir afire, please tell them to stop. If there are repercussions, I will hold them personally responsible," Omar said.

"They should not hold me responsible if there is a fallout of that in Kashmir. They will have to come and sort it out. They shall not hold me responsible," Omar who was flanked by his father and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah, said.

These statements alone indicate he is well aware of wishes in average Kashmir mind..but is short on courage yet to bite the feeding hand! Now when the Kashmiris will riot over this forced indianization it will once again be blamed on Pakistan / ISI / LeT etc..world cannot be kept entertained with constant stream of lies...eventually someone conscience wakes up!

I wonder what would happen to Omar Abdullah in "diverse and democratic" india if he were to renegade and express true wishes of Kashmiris that is azadi from the colonial clutches of Hindu supremacists!

I wonder what would happen to Omar Abdullah in "diverse and democratic" india if he were to renegade and express true wishes of Kashmiris that is azadi from the colonial clutches of Hindu supremacists!

I didn't expect this from you. Have you ever seen the Kashmiris talking about Hinduism as their problem? Why are bringing Hinduism into this? It would atleast make some sense if BJP is ruling kashmir or India.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom