What's new

Weakness of the F-117 and B-2.

PakistaniPatriot

Reaction score
Hello everyone. At my high school in USA i have taken Air Force ROTC because I want to be an Aerospace Engineer.:pakistan: Now I was talking to my Senior Aerospace Studies Instructor and he told me some key points on disabling the Stealth capabilities of F-117 and B-2 aircrafts. he said that when ever the Radar Absorbing Material(RAM) paint was scratched for approximately 10 inches. The stealth capabilities of F-117 and B-2 are greatly reduced. The time when a Serbian Air gunner shot down the f-117. This was because the paint on the body of the aircraft was scratched. Whenever this happens, even in training the planes have to be patched up really nicely to improve the capabilities of the aircrafts.

Also in my opinion the stealth capabilities might be exposed when the planes are flying in raining conditions. My teacher also confirmed me that as soon as the bomb compartment is opened to drop the bombs the stealth capabilities are greatly reduced.:pakistan:

Nonetheless, it still gives a great advantage. I am sure when Raptor will fire its weapon, it will appear on the radar for the moment, and it will be upto the air defence to track and kill.

Well the thing with the paintwork is why the B-2 is kept in a special air conditioned hanger in the states.

Hello everyone. At my high school in USA i have taken Air Force ROTC because I want to be an Aerospace Engineer.:pakistan: Now I was talking to my Senior Aerospace Studies Instructor and he told me some key points on disabling the Stealth capabilities of F-117 and B-2 aircrafts. he said that when ever the Radar Absorbing Material(RAM) paint was scratched for approximately 10 inches. The stealth capabilities of F-117 and B-2 are greatly reduced. The time when a Serbian Air gunner shot down the f-117. This was because the paint on the body of the aircraft was scratched. Whenever this happens, even in training the planes have to be patched up really nicely to improve the capabilities of the aircrafts.

Also in my opinion the stealth capabilities might be exposed when the planes are flying in raining conditions. My teacher also confirmed me that as soon as the bomb compartment is opened to drop the bombs the stealth capabilities are greatly reduced.:pakistan:

Wish you had leaked this secret to Saddam in time so that Iraq would not be ruins. Anyway hopefully Iran will benefit from this knowledge.

:usflag:

Regards

unless this info can be found elsewhere on the net, i dont think u should have posted it here pakistanipatriot. It might get u in trouble

Well this is fairly common knowledge.....I even saw a documentary on this.... So I don't think any secrets have just been divulged.
Now all opposing nations have to do is find a way to sneak into a top secret hanger and key the front of the plane :lol:

unless this info can be found elsewhere on the net, i dont think u should have posted it here pakistanipatriot. It might get u in trouble

Su-47 this is just the information I asked my Aerospace teacher and he told me. If you are concerned of this news being true or not, I would say don't worry because as long as no one else is sure about the actual phenomena(if you will) then i don't think there is any right or wrong answer. I hope i made the point you were looking for. I was a little confused my self.:pakistan:

Now in my opinion if this news is correct then now we should advance ourselves on coming up with a way to scratch the paint of the body. Any suggestions. I think this is possible somewhat easily. For example using a hot-air weather balloon for a designated altitude of 57,000 ft maximum. But the key is to also fill the balloon small pellets and stones about the size of a Rs 1 coin(Pakistani) or something 4-5 cm big.the balloon will pop at the maximum altitude scattering the pellets. IF luckily the plane goes through his area a scratch will be made on the body and hopefully the stealth capabilities will be reduced.:smokin: My evil plane is working perfectly so farrrrr. hahahha.
So if anyone is looking to comment or suggest better ideas, I only appreciate them so feel free to.:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom