What's new

West Bengal and Bangladesh together make ONE country - Laboni Sarkar

the concept of Muslims and Hindus of Bengal being one ethnicity is nonsense.

the definitions of being Hindu and Muslim of Bengal are different. being Hindu Bengali has had a more purist definition of nativity to Bengali-speaking regions and association with the Brahmin Bengali language.

being Bengali Muslim historically meant geographically located in what is known as Bengal and being part of a pan-Hindustan community. even rules of provincial governments declaring independence from central govt in northernmost Hindustan were not strictly confined to what we know as Bengal. and Bengali Muslims have more diverse ancestries and they had no standard unified Bengali language but many dialects and association with Urdu and Farsi.

a nation acknowledging the diversity is fine, but one that is not is an oppressive one. we can already see it on display in Bangladesh.

It didnt matter. When the decision came to splitting the country, Eastern Brethens decided they did not want to live any longer with Hindus. If that's the scenario Bengal might have united, maybe under India, but united. So exactly I do not need to speak for them. They had spoken.

In fact East Bengal/East Pakistan/Bangladesh was in the forefront of the demand for a separate Muslim homeland, the last push came through the Calcutta riots. Suhrawarthy didn't really wanted an united Bengal, he wanted maximum land for a Muslim homeland, as evident from the duality of his politics.

I am more interested in Assan and Tripura than a liability called West Bengal. Even India does not want that part of the world.

Who are "you guys"? Jinnah did not represent us. The Muslim elites of the west did not represent us. Politicians like Suhrawardy did - they spoke the minds of the average Bengali.

But Bengali guys allowed Jinnah to hijack ur concerns and rights. Cos u guys wanted to show Muslim unity.

Man you guys are quite funny, when it's about bashing Pakistan than you guys come up with claims that Bangalis made Pakistan as they started struggle, and when it suites you than it's all fault of Pakistanis. For your kind information partition of Bengal in to East and West Bengal happened in 1905. Only Hindu Bengalis opposed it while Muslim Bengalis fully supported it. And western Muslims started supporting Muslim league in 1940s.

Last edited:
Man you guys are quite funny, when it's about bashing Pakistan than you guys come up with claims that Bangalis made Pakistan as they started struggle, and when it suites you than it's all fault of Pakistanis. For your kind information partition of Bengal in to East and West Bengal happened in 1905. Only Hindu Bengalis opposed it while Muslim Bengalis fully supported it. And western Muslims started supporting Muslim league in 1940s.

When did I ever bash Pakistan? For your kind info, I am talking about Bengalis. Which point of mine are you trying to debate?
They took the lead in the struggle of a Muslim state, which was hijacked by West Pakistanis, which is simply true. You guys simply refused to let them rule when they won the majority.
I would like to see comments from Muslims Bengalis here whether they supported in 1905. As far as I know both communities united to protest against British and the plan was dropped in 1911.

the definitions of being Hindu and Muslim of Bengal are different. being Hindu Bengali has had a more purist definition of nativity to Bengali-speaking regions and association with the Brahmin Bengali language.

being Bengali Muslim historically meant geographically located in what is known as Bengal and being part of a pan-Hindustan community. even rules of provincial governments declaring independence from central govt in northernmost Hindustan were not strictly confined to what we know as Bengal. and Bengali Muslims have more diverse ancestries and they had no standard unified Bengali language but many dialects and association with Urdu and Farsi.

a nation acknowledging the diversity is fine, but one that is not is an oppressive one. we can already see it on display in Bangladesh.

@Maira La Kindly go over an gem of an response here. :D

When did I ever bash Pakistan? For your kind info, I am talking about Bengalis. Which point of mine are you trying to debate?

They took the lead in the struggle of a Muslim state, which was hijacked by West Pakistanis, which is simply true.

If you are talking about Bengalis than why you are dragging MAJ into it, he in fact agreed with Suharwardi's plan of United Independent Bengal and asked him to campaign for it and he failed to gather support for his plan. Even name coined for new country "Pakistan" didn't had any representation for Bengalis from start, So it's them who jumped into Pakistan not the other way. And western provinces were bound to broke away from any kind of Indian Union with or without Muslim league, if not in 1947 than maybe couple of decades later, If not based on religion than maybe based on ethnicity and language.

You guys simply refused to let them rule when they won the majority. .

Yes, Because we didn't have any trust on Bengali leaders who won. Take it whatever way you want, no regrets.

I would like to see comments from Muslims Bengalis here whether they supported in 1905. As far as I know both communities united to protest against British and the plan was dropped in 1911.

No, protests and campaigns were started by Hindus and Congress.

So, it's better to stay on topic of proposed reunification of Bengal than trying to take potshots on Pakistan or it's founder.

Yes, it can be true. The high caste Hindus do looks differently - more caucausoid, but common Hindus and Muslims looks the same. Being bombarded with Bangladeshi labourers (most of them Muslim) all around my town, can vouch for this fact. yes, there are no turks,persians,afghans I found among them. more so I see Tamil-Teluguish features and tiny bodied people - is what an average momin-e-Bangladeshi looks like?

HAAHAHAHAHA MAYBE IF INDIAN HINDUS EXTREMIST KEEP TALKING CRAP ABOUT MUSLIMS FIRST BENGALIS WILL INVADE INDIA AND BANGLADESH WILL BECOME LYK THIS IN FUTURE WITH PEOPLE OF BENGAL SUPPORT , THAN THE 2ND INVADE WILL HAPPEN IN MIDDLE OF INDIA NEAR HYDERABAD KAHSMIR AND SOME OTHER CITIES , AND THE UNITED NATION , NATO WILL PUT GROUND FORCE AND SAY WE HAVE ENOUGH AND THEY WILL DO EXACTLY THEY DID WITH BOSNIAANS , KOSVO WITH MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE SUPPORT FOR SEPARATE NATION NO DOUBT

12509491_1103589046352318_7139902302001606960_n.jpg

HAAHAHAHAHA MAYBE IF INDIAN HINDUS EXTREMIST KEEP TALKING CRAP ABOUT MUSLIMS FIRST BENGALIS WILL INVADE INDIA AND BANGLADESH WILL BECOME LYK THIS IN FUTURE WITH PEOPLE OF BENGAL SUPPORT , THAN THE 2ND INVADE WILL HAPPEN IN MIDDLE OF INDIA NEAR HYDERABAD KAHSMIR AND SOME OTHER CITIES , AND THE UNITED NATION , NATO WILL PUT GROUND FORCE AND SAY WE HAVE ENOUGH AND THEY WILL DO EXACTLY THEY DID WITH BOSNIAANS , KOSVO WITH MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE SUPPORT FOR SEPARATE NATION NO DOUBT

12509491_1103589046352318_7139902302001606960_n.jpg
Bhai bhindi and tinde bhi de do. sath mai chai (malai maar k)

How nice... Should that happen, all Bengalis can live happily ever after!

Back
Top Bottom