What's new

West Bengal names a new airport in the name of BD national poet

Before asking me about what I excel and what I not, it's some kind of fools' job to assume. Well, Fazlul Haq and Suhrawardi were of different ideology and their aim was to develop East Bangla and make it free from Britain's Kolkata dogs.

Suharawardy was a strong opponent of partition and didn't move to East Pakistan till 1950 when he was almost coerced to do so. He was born in West Bengal and never really wanted to move to undeveloped and mostly rural East Bengal.

Fazlul Haq did work for the development of East Bengal though.

Kazi Nazrul Islam is actually an Indian . He can not be called a Bangladeshi because he was given a citizenship to bd because most of the intelectuals including poets were killed in december 14,1971by pakistani army therefore there was not any reputable poet there in bd worthy to be called national poet hence Sheikh Mujib requested Indian PM to give Nazrul to BD because he is considered a symbol of liberation and patriotism for his poems and also he was a secular Muslim matching with Mujib ideology. Nazrul is Indian first and calling him a "Bangladeshi" is incorrect. He was given a mere citizenship not on request of him or his family but because of BD needing a poet of repute to be called national poet.

I am glad that west bengal has named a big airport after a Muslim poet. BD is also planning to construct an universiy named after Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore. He lived most part of his life in Bangladesh and also has house in Bangladesh. So he is more associated with this part of Bengal unlike Kazi Nazrul but since Nazrul was Muslim he is emotionally more attached with BD people than Rabindranath.

'Good' or 'bad'- apart from thinking of posting either of these two remarks I really don't know what to do with these threads. No wonder they end up in fighting between two sides over things not even remotely related to the topic. Better refrain from posting such threads.

sometime i feel Shamsur Rahman or Sufia Kamal should have been called national poet rather than pleading India to give their poet. Atleast they were Bangladeshis unlike Nazrul who was top to bottom an Indian.

Even if its done to gain Muslim support its a good act by wb govt. Naming an int'l airport after a muslim is huge step. Almost all BD airports named after muslim pirs or saints. I would be a huge step to name an international airport after a Hindu.

Rafeal, you should not be disgraceful to others. What if Bangladesh is a country it still depends on other countries for development works. So untill we are capable to develop our country by our own we should not be proud to be the only bengal country in the world. Let first be economically strong then we can be a proud nation being not a state of a country but a country.

Bangladesh Must Change the National Poem. When our ancestors were dying of Bangla policy and were supporting the division of Bangla, that song was written to prevent it! #Sarcasm, arrogance

Rafeal, you should not be disgraceful to others. What if Bangladesh is a country it still depends on other countries for development works. So untill we are capable to develop our country by our own we should not be proud to be the only bengal country in the world. Let first be economically strong then we can be a proud nation being not a state of a country but a country.
I'm not disgraceful. Here those Kolkata guys keep on saying they will attack Bangladesh, do this and that; but the real agony and for me sarcasm is that- they are only a "state" who themselves are deprived of lots of privilege. Our country will be fairly strong economically and politically if we stop licking Pakistan and India. Even if you like this Bangalis they won't feed you! That's the reality. We are a confused nation and we must do what should have done long ago.

Is this Nazrul guy any good? Have never heard about any of his literary works.
@LaBong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bangladesh Must Change the National Poem. When our ancestors were dying of Bangla policy and were supporting the division of Bangla, that song was written to prevent it! #Sarcasm, arrogance

omg! why would BD change its national anthem? Bangladesh is known as sonar bangla due to that song. Its a very beautiful song. Bangladesh is also known as
"Bangla" so the song is perfect for anthem. l find the song nicer than the Indian or Pakistani national anthem.

Is this Nazrul guy any good? Have never heard about any of his literary works.
@LaBong?

He is very respected in Bengal and considered only second to Tagore as a poet(Sarat Chandra Chaterjre was more famous but he wasn't fond of poetry ). Although personally I'd rate Jibanananda and Jasimuddin above him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom