What's new

What does it mean to be Pakistani?

Sure, but I go by what the government of Pakistan says officially on its website and on what the Seal of Pakistan says on official documents.

You can dream all you want. Some books may otherwise to cause mischief.
3CF48703-1C21-4F64-BF80-F8F3C68D9858.jpeg

C8B4001B-7EF4-41D3-9BBB-FF62767DC7BF.jpeg

I already explained this to you last time. Now for the last time don’t quote or reply to me again. You knowledge on this is very limited.

Can you read Urdu? If so please read first chapter of Quaid’s Karachi Speech.

Bye now.

Unity faith discipline!
But I mean why confuse the new generation? Foreign supported secularists want to undermine the spiritual strength of Pakistan.

That secularism bullshit does not work in our societies.

View attachment 932224

View attachment 932225

I already explained this to you last time. Now for the last time don’t quote or reply to me again. You knowledge on this is very limited.

Bye now.
That is your opinion. Just because some book said so? Have you read what it says on official Pakistani websites, and documents?

Is that book published by the Pakistani government or someone's writings on the history of Pakistan. I too have that book. Not convinced.

But I mean why confuse the new generation? Foreign supported secularists want to undermine the spiritual strength of Pakistan.

That secularism bullshit does not work in our societies.
Don’t quote me again please.

Thanks.

View attachment 932224

View attachment 932225

Bye now.
So you gave me a negative rating because I disagree with you. Quite immature really.

@Jango please can you kindly review this poster. Much obliged.
Why are you giving me negative ratings? Just because I disagree with you?

@waz

That’s literally the Quaid’s speech you illiterate fool!
No need to use bad words.

I too quoted a quote from a newspaper. And even if you are right, for the sake of it, why confuse the new generation about what Pakistan is all about?

Isn't Pakistan about safeguarding South Asian Muslim interests?

Why are you giving me negative ratings? Just because I disagree with you?

@waz
You can tag as many mods as you like I have explained my position and even quotes Quaids exact words in his speech. And I even said you are entitled to your view but you kept quoting my replies- I didn’t even engage with you in this thread.

Please stop your conversation with me. Go read some Pak Studies books and then we can talk.

That’s literally the Quaid’s speech you illiterate fool!
That book is not enough evidence, otherwise even on Pakistani websites and official documents it would have stated what you have quoted.

You can tag as many mods as you like I have explained my position and even quotes Quaids exact words in his speech. And I even said you are entitled to your view but you kept quoting my replies- I didn’t even engage with you in this thread.

Please stop your conversation with me. Go read some Pak Studies books and then we can talk.
Fair enough. But there is no need to use bad words or get unnecessarily angry.

That book is not enough evidence, otherwise even on Pakistani websites and official documents it would have stated what you have quoted.

Fair enough. But there is no need to use bad words or get unnecessarily angry.
Funny part is, I too have the same book, lol. Wanna see the pictures? I just took the photos with my Nikon D60.
1685407889049.jpeg

Yes it is page 41 of the book which says something similar or the same.
1685407918793.jpeg

@waz
@RescueRanger

This Think Tank guy is giving me negative rating willy nilly or just for the sake of it. And then getting angry like a fool.

Did you ever think the book is wrong? Show me on official documents or the official website of Pakistan saying your quote?

ExTrNfJWgAE2z8L.jpg

View attachment 932220

Even if someone said "Unity, Faith, Discipline" I still believe it is "Faith, Unity, and Discipline."

This is what it says on official Pakistani websites and documents.

View attachment 932221

View attachment 932222
Faith, Unity, and Discipline

Is this really the hill you want to die on?

How long have you lived in Islamabad? I have been there for more or less 70% of my life. You know what the hill you posted a picture of originally said?

unity_thumb%5B1%5D.png

I am wanting to say that this was changed around 2015, but my memory is a bit hazy. Maybe @RescueRanger can provide the exact date. (On second thought, I think it was near 2020, when the sign boards fell off in a storm).

CDA changed it from Unity Faith Discipline to Faith Unity Discipline.

As for it not being anywhere officially, I do believe it was Zia who changed it from Unity, Faith, Discpline to Faith being first. This was in line with the Islamization of the country that was going on. Let me try and find a source on that too, but I am pretty sure I read about this in some book. Maybe @VCheng has more historical perspective on this (I am not saying you are old, but hey :lol:). And it has ever since persisted as Faith being the first one.

Rescue Ranger has done a good job providing you with historical perspectives and references as well.

Now if you want to keep your head buried in the sand, be my guest.

How long have you lived in Islamabad? I have been there for more or less 70% of my life. You know what the hill you posted a picture of originally said?

unity_thumb%5B1%5D.png

I am wanting to say that this was changed around 2015, but my memory is a bit hazy. Maybe @RescueRanger can provide the exact date. (On second thought, I think it was near 2020, when the sign boards fell off in a storm).

As for it not being anywhere officially, I do believe it was Zia who changed it from Unity, Faith, Discpline to Faith being first. This was in line with the Islamization of the country that was going on. Let me try and find a source on that too, but I am pretty sure I read about this in some book. Maybe @VCheng has more historical perspective on this (I am not saying you are old, but hey :lol:). And it has ever since persisted as Faith being the first one.

Rescue Ranger has done a good job providing you with historical perspectives and references as well.

I have not been to Islamabad since 2007. I have lived overseas. But that does not make me any less Pakistani.

Point 2) You said CDA changed it to Faith, Unity, and Discipline on the sign boards and for obvious reasons.

I am not denying what @RescueRanger has quoted. I think we have the same book.
Has he given me the author of the book? Or the publisher? Just quoting any book randomly is not enough proof.

And then calling me a "fool" is utter stupidity as well.

unity_thumb%5B1%5D.png

Dp1Rf7DWoAEGUSQ.jpg

And why did they not change it back to its original as you suggest? :enjoy:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom