What's new

What Exactly is a Kalakov?

Beskar

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have a friend who's selling his Russian built "Kalakov" 222 and has asked me if I'm interested. The problem is, I'm not sure what he's referring to as "Kalakov".

There's not much info about the Kalakov on the internet so I'm thinking that it's a slang term for AKS-74U? Which is usually known as the "Krinkov"?

Any information on this matter would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:
i think it is an ak-74... The price of it is $150, in the illegal arms market in pakistan.

i think it is an ak-74... The price of it is $150, in the illegal arms market in pakistan.

That's Darra assembled. I'm talking about an Imported variant. Those ones go for a lot more than 150$.

im just sayin search for the price of ak-74 at darra, n if its same then we can conclude it is indeed a ak-74 :p

im just sayin search for the price of ak-74 at darra, n if its same then we can conclude it is indeed a ak-74 :p

Lol! If only Darra had it's own search engine :p

Anyway, I'm sure it's the Krinkov. Thanks!

I have a friend who's selling his Russian built "Kalakov" 222 and has asked me if I'm interested. The problem is, I'm not sure what he's referring to as "Kalakov".

There's not much info about the Kalakov on the internet so I'm thinking that it's a slang term for AKS-74U? Which is usually known as the "Krinkov"?

Any information on this matter would be appreciated.

Thank you!
It is AKS 74U.
Kalakov is term used by Afghan mujahideen for AKS 74u.

Kalakov is a local slang word developed by the Afghan Mujahideens I think, during the Afghan-Soviet war for the light and convenient versions of the Ak-47 And 74. You are right when you say that they might be Krinkovs. Krinkovs were developed for Tank crews of the Soviet union because conventional assault rifles were harder to carry in a confined space which in that case was a tank.

Just like how our Tank crew carries the MP5, Krinkovs are preferred weapons to be used by the Russian tank crews.

berzek bro its 222 bore ak 74 u can get a licence of it unless ak47 but be carefull originals are very scares and i doubt you will be able to find the diffrenence between them .. but if u trust your friend and if the price is good , and 150$ ??? are you kidding me the last one i sold 5 years ago whn the prices werent so high went for around 65,000 but it was ''grease band'' a term used for brand new and original, so if you find a good price it will be a good deal ,still doubt about the originality tho ,

they dont sell it to pakistan ,wel they did in small quantities for ssg units as its there fav machine reliable and deadly one shot kill garrante ''kalakov'' name was give to it for the same reason as if it hits you on leg of armz they are gone rest of the body your are gone . and it is also a remtince of |Afghan war in pakistan .

Kalakov or Krink(krinkov) as it is called in the USA. Cost, I would say between 1000 to 1200 these days

Kalakov can refer to any weapon in the AK-74 family, doesn't have to specifically be the AKS-74U colloquially known as Krinkov. As it is a slang term it doesn't really tell you much about the weapon.

The following could be considered ''Kalakov's'' :

AKS-74, AKS-74U, AKS-74UB, AK-74M

I have a semi-auto one. It just happens that I got a bad piece... jams a lot. Nice compact rifle... doesn't have any recoil.

Be careful of cheap knock-offs...I've heard of people building ''Krinkovs'' in their basements that fire .222 rounds.

Be careful of cheap knock-offs...I've heard of people building ''Krinkovs'' in their basements that fire .222 rounds.

Yeah I'm aware of that problem. However, This particular friend belongs to the army and it was gifted to his father by a well Know General from the 90's. So no doubt about it's authenticity.

Back
Top Bottom