What's new

What is the Best fighter jet for Bangladesh Air force in the future?

to replace our aging fleet of f-7 a-5 we can go for jf-17 surly for two reson i think
1.it can be modified with western equipment and can use both western and chinese weapons.:yahoo:
2. maintenance cost is very low :smitten:

but million dollar question is pakistan ready to sell it to us or current awami govt would like to buy any thing from pakistan ?:confused:

to replace our aging fleet of f-7 a-5 we can go for jf-17 surly for two reson i think
1.it can be modified with western equipment and can use both western and chinese weapons.:yahoo:
2. maintenance cost is very low :smitten:

but million dollar question is pakistan ready to sell it to us or current awami govt would like to buy any thing from pakistan ?:confused:

We have a meddle man China so Awami government can buy FC1

1. fast of all we bought only 8 mig-29 during the last awami gov. i didn't hear any further purchase of this aircraft . maintenance cost was huge that it was kept unused as i know.
2 .we have around 40 f-7 and some a-5 in our inventory which is need replace by more capable aircraft

No dude we have 12 MiG-29SE & 4 MiG-29UB :). As the govt. said 1xsquadron of aircraft will be added this year. So we have to wait till the last day of this year, untill then :cheers:

don't reject this sweet thing.

Ooooohhh, prettyyyy. i hope bdesh does in fact go for this pretty birdy. cheap, low maintenance, compatible with chinese and western weapons
if only AL wasnt so anti-pak -_- but they ARE pro-chinese so i see possibilities. maybe we should get them and refer to them strictly as Chengdu FC-1 :partay: maybe AL would be happy then
" hey, is that a jf-17? " | " nope, its a Chengdu FC-1 ;) "

1. J-10 (greatest chance)
2. J-11 (better if we choose and can get)
3. Mig-35 (good option)
4. F-18 (too costly)
5. Girpen (costly)

3. Mig-35 (good option)
4. F-18 (too costly)
5. Girpen (costly)

What is price per unit for Mig 35? Russian jets are expensive maintain too. I think BD should go for numbers too. J10 seems ideal.

I think BD already has Mig 29s right? Why not build on the fleet? But as i said, maintaining Russian Jets is a headache!!
Correct me if i am wrong

What is price per unit for Mig 35? Russian jets are expensive maintain too. I think BD should go for numbers too. J10 seems ideal.

:no: If numbers are our main concern then we could brought planty of JUNK from here n there. We don't wanna spoil our money but want to put in a good compliance.

I think this is time to fly the USA.....:bounce:......

3. Mig-35 (good option)
4. F-18 (too costly)
5. Girpen (costly)

Why not FC1
AT 15MILLION $ it provides the most value for money
bangladesh ,i think requires the jet against myanmar ,
now myanmar junta does not have a very formidable airforce
to deal with them 4 squadron of FC1 + 2 squadron of mig 29smt will be enough:bounce::police:

Current AL gov't probably will not buy from Pakistan. Besides, Pak themselves don't have many yet and are still procuring and our air force is already lagging so we can't wait very long.

Anyone have an idea about how much money for the air force?

Last edited:
China will never sell the J-10B (a.k.a FC-20) through the current government. Let alone American F-16s or F-18s :rofl:

As far as fighter selection is concerned, go for single engines ones like the J-10B, F-16 blk 60, Gripen, etc. It would be easier to maintain them. Then go for the heavier ones like the SU-27/J-11, F-15 (if have money) or SU-30. Then, in time, go for 5th generation ones.

The MiG-29 simply didn't suit Bangladesh's requirements, they are just very maintenance intensive and therefore expensive to fly. MiG-29's flying cost/hr is $5,500. F-16 is less. That's the reason why the MiG-35 was rejected during India's MMRCA competition, even though it is better than the MiG-29 on nearly all aspects.

Current AL gov't probably will not buy from Pakistan. Besides, Pak themselves don't have many yet and are still procuring and our air force is already lagging so we can't wait very long.

Anyone have an idea about how much money for the air force?

The ones Bangladesh will get are FC-1s, they come from China. The JF-17s produced in Pakistan are only for Pakistan if I am not mistaken.

Air force's budget is not good enough for Bangladesh.

The ones Bangladesh will get are FC-1s, they come from China. The JF-17s produced in Pakistan are only for Pakistan if I am not mistaken.

just like we bought MBT2000. there is a Pakistani version of it AL Khalid. We will go for Fc-1. not jf-17. Pakistan will get no benefit from the deal. we will never see F-16 blk 60, Gripen, SU-27/J-11, F-15 ,SU-30 in our inventory.. I guess the future is few dozen j10 + a good amount of FC-1 at 2020.

just like we bought MBT2000. there is a Pakistani version of it AL Khalid. We will go for Fc-1. not jf-17. Pakistan will get no benefit from the deal. we will never see F-16 blk 60, Gripen, SU-27/J-11, F-15 ,SU-30 in our inventory.. I guess the future is few dozen j10 + a good amount of J-17 at 2020.

Bro ur not gettin mbt-2000 but V a tank with only the configuration of AK... coz AK is an entirely HIT effort based on the hull of a chinese tank.. for eg,tank gun,APS,battle management system,UAV con,armour,lasers,jammers,transmission,missiles,DU, etc etc

But FC-1 is a joint project 50/50 partnership between Pak-China.. so excluding the manufacturing cost.. the profit will be shared aswell.

Back
Top Bottom