What's new

What is your caste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born to parents of the Vaidya caste.

It was necessary to answer before going on, to avoid a complaint of being uncooperative. My caste will make no sense to you, or even 70 to 80% of the other indian members. Far from giving you extra information, it will confuse you.

Feel free, and I hope you get something out of the exercise. :pop:

i was 21 years old when i came to know my cast-
Its a very interesting story why it came so late-
anyway-

I am Rajput- Khokhar-
hello jon bhai bhabhee kaisee hai aur sab theek hain na mujhe koi yaad kerta haui kya

I was born to parents of the Vaidya caste.

It was necessary to answer before going on, to avoid a complaint of being uncooperative. My caste will make no sense to you, or even 70 to 80% of the other indian members. Far from giving you extra information, it will confuse you.

Feel free, and I hope you get something out of the exercise. :pop:
Doctor sahib.......................

Up until few months I thought I was a Brahman( because I wear that thread), but did a bit of research turns out am a Bhumihar. Some say Bhumihars are Brahmans some say they aren't :cheesy: Its ambiguous. Basically we are Zamindar(Landlord) Brahmans if that makes any sense!

Maybe Joe can shed some light on my caste.

Up until few months I thought I was a Brahman( because I wear that thread), but did a bit of research turns out am a Bhumihar. Some say Bhumihars are Brahmans some say they aren't :cheesy: Its ambiguous. Basically we are Zamindar(Landlord) Brahmans if that makes any sense!

the ancestors of pakistani zamidar ,jagedar ,wadera were ur brahmans in pre-islamic times ;)

I am bhumihar too,.. And i am also confused about my caste.. But I am happy that my caste doesn't use reservation and depends on merits..:tup:
Bhumihars are the sons of Parshuram, who was born as a brahmin but he was killing the kshatriya so we are combination of brahmin and kshatriya. Some bhumihar have a habit of eating non-veg, I don't eat.:sick:

I am bhumihar too,.. And i am also confused about my caste.. But I am happy that my caste doesn't use reservation and depends on merits..:tup:
Bhumihars are the sons of Parshuram, who was born as a brahmin but he was killing the kshatriya so we are combination of brahmin and kshatriya. Some bhumihar have a habit of eating non-veg, I don't eat.:sick:

Sour grapes

I am a Proud_Indian

I am follower of JAINISM (live and let live :P)

I don't know abt my caste but there is a gotra system in our society.

My gotra is Goyal.

and I m a baniya too. :lol:

usually people call us jain sahab

I follow hinduism (hanumanji) in my daily spiritual practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom