What's new

What is your caste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I belong to an unique caste..... so unique that am the only member of that caste. But no worries, I will repopulate my caste and flood the Earth with my genes very soon! :devil:

Indian, Hindu, Swarnkar(Goldsmith), Meddhkshtriya(Gotra)

but i thought once u convert to Islam than no caste nothing
so whats the deal here:smokin:

Well i am foremost Indian first..
Came to know my caste at 18 only for joining college...
I belong to Kulalars (or Vellalars).. It is a traditional community belonging to making pots and statues primarily from clay and some kinda sands :)

So what are you Sengupta Dasgupta or just Sen or Das Joe??

Never knew Sens and Guptas are Baidya and not Kasthya. So much things I yet to know in world.

I am a Kayastha. Our traditional role is being the record keeper or administrator of the state. Mostly into civil service. But during the mughal rule(for bengali kayathas) most of us became zamindars

But not sure which varna does my caste belong to. Some sources considers us as being in between brahmins and kshatriyas, some as higher than kshatriyas, some as rich shudras. Maybe someone can help me here?

It is said that the rulers of the pala empire which spanned 4.6 million km2 and the sena empire were kayasthas. But these claims remain open to debate

Since there is not Kshatriya and Baishya(Baniya) Varna in Bengal, so all non Brahmins should be Shudra according to Varna system. However Caste system is different from Varna system.

No he was a Vanniyar...apparently over the years they also seem to have started attaching Kounder to their caste name for a social image change.

The only original Kounders out there are the Kongu Vellalars and Pala Vellalars.

I lived for few years near Mathampatty. later came to know that satyaraj gounder is from that place. enunga...en coyamuthur pakkam ella appdiye pesittirukkumpothu thideernu telugu-le pesa aarambhippuvom avanga? are these people kannadiga or telegu originally. I've heard locals speaking both.

Up until few months I thought I was a Brahman( because I wear that thread), but did a bit of research turns out am a Bhumihar. Some say Bhumihars are Brahmans some say they aren't :cheesy: Its ambiguous. Basically we are Zamindar(Landlord) Brahmans if that makes any sense!

Maybe Joe can shed some light on my caste.

Bhumihars are land-owners and cultivators and the salt of the earth if you don't cross them.

In the 1920s, certain Brahmin caste conferences suggested that Bhumihars were Kanyakubja (Kanauji) Brahmins, just like our Bengali Chatterjee, Mukherjee, Bannerjee and Ganguly.

Personally, I rate that claim on par with Vaidyas claiming Brahminhood from the 14th or 15th century; as someone has pointed out, Vaidyas are Sat Shudras.

If you want to claim Brahminhood, nobody will argue the point. You ought to know that there is some kinship between Bhumihars and Mohiyal and Husseini Brahmins, those who claim they fought (and died) for the martyrs of Karbala.

This is for the pages of PDF. I am certainly not going to make the mistake of telling Pande-ji that he is no Brahmin.

I am a Proud_Indian

I am follower of JAINISM (live and let live :P)

I don't know abt my caste but there is a gotra system in our society.

My gotra is Goyal.

and I m a baniya too. :lol:

usually people call us jain sahab

I follow hinduism (hanumanji) in my daily spiritual practice.

I must admit, I have a soft corner for Jains.

I am a Proud_Indian

I am follower of JAINISM (live and let live :P)

I don't know abt my caste but there is a gotra system in our society.

My gotra is Goyal.

and I m a baniya too. :lol:

usually people call us jain sahab

I follow hinduism (hanumanji) in my daily spiritual practice.

seems all jains are referred as 'jain sahab' by their friends.....

i also had a jain friend in college and we called him 'jain saab' and i thought he was the only jain sahab :D

Syrian christian, Jacobite (Orthodox)
originally converted jews from middle east, i think

You mean converted to Christianity, right? More or less right, but there is no guarantee that they are only Jews. There may have been Gentiles too.

I am a Kayastha. Our traditional role is being the record keeper or administrator of the state. Mostly into civil service. But during the mughal rule(for bengali kayathas) most of us became zamindars

But not sure which varna does my caste belong to. Some sources considers us as being in between brahmins and kshatriyas, some as higher than kshatriyas, some as rich shudras. Maybe someone can help me here?

It is said that the rulers of the pala empire which spanned 4.6 million km2 and the sena empire were kayasthas. But these claims remain open to debate

Nothing called a Kshatriya any longer.

If you are Kayastha, the hierarchy is Brahmin, Kayastha, Vaidya. If you ask a Vaidya, it is Brahmins and Vaidyas, Kayasthas......

Ghosh bongsho boro bongsho
Bose bongsho data
Mitra holo joro kuteel
Dutta haramjaada.

Thats Jat, Jat and Jatts are different.

Except their religion .. they are same .. farmers or land holders..

P.S. There was no landlord in Punjab. All are land holders. Punjab had Mahilwari system.

actually, syrian christians claims namboodiri ancestory may be due to caste system hierarchy and syrians are always at par with nambudiri/nair. then, some of them learned the unpleasant truth thanks to moden DNA testing companies(23&ME,Familytree etc etc)..many families eager to establish namboodiri lineage ended up learning west asian or semitic origin.

I belong to nyishi tribe. I don't have any cast.

Nothing called a Kshatriya any longer.

If you are Kayastha, the hierarchy is Brahmin, Kayastha, Vaidya. If you ask a Vaidya, it is Brahmins and Vaidyas, Kayasthas......

May you explain the bolder part ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom