What's new

What it's like Driving in Sri Lanka

E oh 1

130km

Thanks
And nice road. Like our Golden Quadrilateral which is a bit bigger because of the high volume of traffic.

Also wanted to ask if we can bring down our own vehicles to Sri Lanka for going around, is it safe to do that, nd how is the traffic around rest of the place.
Thanks in advance....

Have spent a week in Colombo. They have different routes for to and fro to the same place. Efficient for traffic handling but irritating as sometimes it takes much longer to come back from a nearby place. I do not know if its always like that

Thanks
And nice road. Like our Golden Quadrilateral which is a bit bigger because of the high volume of traffic.

Also wanted to ask if we can bring down our own vehicles to Sri Lanka for going around, is it safe to do that, nd how is the traffic around rest of the place.
Thanks in advance....

What part of the golden quadrilateral is this comparable to? My driveway is closer to the golden quadrilateral, its made of concrete with basic engineering. How come when someone shows Indians a beautiful place, they start comparing with their own junkyard?

And no you cant bring your own vehicles down, its cheaper to hire a vehicle from here. Also you can only import vehicles less than 2 years old if its used. You need to get it registered, change plates and get insurance.

If you want to drive (I do not recommend this for indians) you need to got the department of motor traffic in colombo and get a driving permit.

Nice roads..... And i liked the driving sense of the people..... Which you cant see in india......

Have spent a week in Colombo. They have different routes for to and fro to the same place. Efficient for traffic handling but irritating as sometimes it takes much longer to come back from a nearby place. I do not know if its always like that

Every state institution in sri lanka always has redundancy and contingency plans. Alternate routes for every destination in sri lanka is readily available, not just by road, by air as well.

What part of the golden quadrilateral is this comparable to? My driveway is closer to the golden quadrilateral, its made of concrete with basic engineering. How come when someone shows Indians a beautiful place, they start comparing with their own junkyard?

And no you cant bring your own vehicles down, its cheaper to hire a vehicle from here. Also you can only import vehicles less than 2 years old if its used. You need to get it registered, change plates and get insurance.

If you want to drive (I do not recommend this for indians) you need to got the department of motor traffic in colombo and get a driving permit.

Grow up kiddo, Golden Quadrilateral has length of over 5,846 km n if u wanna have look at recent highway developments in India ur most welcome to watch the following video :

Anyways Congrts to SL for a wonderful driveway...:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its funny to see the SL'ns brag :lol: about building a road.

Here is the truth....

Sri Lanka opens its first motorway

....The traffic crawls, with overloaded buses, motorbikes and motorised rickshaws stuffed full of bananas. Pedestrians criss-cross it. The road runs parallel to a railway and is lined with houses, shops and shacks most of the way south.

Now at last there is an alternative route.

The E01 Expressway is the first motorway on this island, which is slightly smaller than Ireland in land area.

True, for now you still have to drive through the fairly congested eastern suburbs to get to it, but then you see the start of the motorway, with multicoloured flags flying for its grand opening.

At the moment bulldozers still rumble around. A Chinese team is constructing one of the link roads that will make future access easier. But when you go through the toll plaza, paying between 400 and 2,000 Sri Lankan rupees :toast_sign: ($3.50-$17.50; £2.25-£11.30) depending on the type of vehicle, and you leave the congestion behind.

Its funny ....SL'ans drive second hand cars ...and has build 1 world class road ....and now they are bragging about it :cheesy:

Grow up kiddo, Golden Quadrilateral has length of over 5,846 km n if u wanna have look at recent highway developments in India ur most welcome to watch the following video :

Anyways Congrts to SL for a wonderful driveway...:cheers:

This concrete road with big cracks in it with flawed signage is nothing compared to SL.

Golden Quadrilateral has length of over 5,846 km, with 4000km being dirt track. lol. just because you draw a line a on map doesn't make it a road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know when you get a world class road.

Do not start, we Indians will troll you with all those pictures and videos of Indians roads..

You know we like to brag about it a lot!! :D

Any way congrats and best wishes for your devalopment..

This concrete road with big cracks in it with flawed signage is nothing compared to SL.

Golden Quadrilateral has length of over 5,846 km, with 4000km being dirt track. lol. just because you draw a line a on map doesn't make it a road.

Too bad, now this thread is going to be Indian road pictures :partay:

Let me know when you get a world class road.

r u blind or what ???
go watch post no.10 on this thread itself.

n try keep the thread limited to SL driveways only else we all know how one such comment can destroys the whole thread...

BTW once again congrts to SL:cheers:

idiot these r all whether roads, go get ur glasses checked...:)

Back
Top Bottom