What's new

What it's like Driving in Sri Lanka

What has Sri Lankan roads got to do with 'Central & South Asian" section, go post in general multimedia section.

lol funny thread. what a stupid guy who shows his country is best than others in funny way. :D

To all, we have all type of roads but only few are closer to world standard. Not all the roads are smooth like member "Sinhala" has mentioned.

Only thing which I agree is driving in SL roads are much clean and fun due to scenery and lush green.

To Indian members, Your Hyderabad Airport is cool, well planned and designed, looks more like Malaysian Airport.

@Sinhala Don't be a joker! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Leave that Sinhala guy man....Just donot compare our roads with them....Try to understand their sentiments...:azn:

its ironic pointing out my heritage in a pakistanie forum as if there is something wrong in that.

No but flamebaiting hiding behind other country's flag is something wrong...:)

No but flamebaiting hiding behind other country's flag is something wrong...:)

Once i backpack across the subcontinent, I will happily change one my flags , now can we focus on the thread please.

merci , my point stands for itself, take it or leave it. However If you want to hurl verbal abuses at me directly, have a go at it, I do not care really. :)

same here, my point stands no matter what you think. first of all, you have to understand that the comparison with srilanka doesn't signify inferiority complex, they are our neighbors and we have cultural linkage with them since thousands of years, so comparing their infrastructure development to ours is not something different, any kind of development happening in our neighboring countries is always appreciated and we pay attention to it, this does not mean that anyone here suffers from inferiority complex, and Indians here are more than happy to see srilnaka developing, if you fools have noticed, Indians form the largest part of tourists who visit srilanka every year, and naturally, there will be comparison to their infrastructure to ours.

your friend sinhala was the one who started of the trolling with verbal abuses while answering to a quiet decent comment form an Indian member here. And about Chinese being right, well, it would be better for you to leave it there.

I dont understand all these indians saying SL'n buy second hand cars.

Colombo has a GDP per capita over $12,000 and there is limit of importing cars more than 2 years old. I most commonly see, Audi, Mercedes AMG, BMW, Toyota land cruiser, Lexus in that order.

Now tell me what indians use to transport? indians use 4th or 5th hand cars, surprised u can even buy a car with a income so low.

same here, my point stands no matter what you think. first of all, you have to understand that the comparison with srilanka doesn't signify inferiority complex, they are our neighbors and we have cultural linkage with them since thousands of years, so comparing their infrastructure development to ours is not something different, any kind of development happening in our neighboring countries is always appreciated and we pay attention to it, this does not mean that anyone here suffers from inferiority complex, and Indians here are more than happy to see srilnaka developing, if you fools have noticed, Indians form the largest part of tourists who visit srilanka every year, and naturally, there will be comparison to their infrastructure to ours.

your friend sinhala was the one who started of the trolling with verbal abuses while answering to a quiet decent comment form an Indian member here. And about Chinese being right, well, it would be better for you to leave it there.

Look brother I understand your perspective, but every thread lately has been comparison between this countrie or that countrie and I was wrong to single out only yours but you have to admit it is a trend that has been ruining alot of serious debates on this forum and you know what I am talking about. I say one thing negative about indienne and look at the response I get, some even bring up my heritage, which is irrelevant, it was wrong of me to lash out like that though.

lool look at this lankan trying to be so cocky :D

What part of the golden quadrilateral is this comparable to? My driveway is closer to the golden quadrilateral, its made of concrete with basic engineering. How come when someone shows Indians a beautiful place, they start comparing with their own junkyard?

And no you cant bring your own vehicles down, its cheaper to hire a vehicle from here. Also you can only import vehicles less than 2 years old if its used. You need to get it registered, change plates and get insurance.

If you want to drive (I do not recommend this for indians) you need to got the department of motor traffic in colombo and get a driving permit.

Wow, I was just asking and you got offensive all of a sudden.
Happens sometimes I can understand.
The Big difference between the roads here and there is that we have to deal with a lot of traffic.
The amount of distance you quoted for the road is equal to at-least half of the daily commute in metropolitan cities here.
Also roads are of concrete to reduce the amount of maintenance over a period of time.
The cracks you see are mainly seen in places where the annual rainfall is way too high and the traffic is a lot [including the heavy commercial vehicles]
And what do you mean by you stay near the golden quadrilateral?
And just for your information, its easy to maintain a small piece of "track" than a "Major Highway Network".

And why the hell do you have to go and start bad mouthing about others when posed with a simple question. Actually I really liked the road. You seem to have some issues that you really need to deal with.

Drive safe :angel:

Instead of being laughed at for bragging about chinese made roads , SL'ans should think on how to buy first hand cars :P

Its funny to see second hand cars (95% of all cars in SL) running on their 1 and only good road where they have to pay a toll fee of 2000 Rs :P

That explains the low traffic. Why the hell build the road in the first place then.
I think with Rs.2000 you can pay the toll while travelling from Delhi to Bangalore.

Look brother I understand your perspective, but every thread lately has been comparison between this countrie or that countrie and I was wrong to single out only yours but you have to admit it is a trend that has been ruining alot of serious debates on this forum and you know what I am talking about. I say one thing negative about indienne and look at the response I get, some even bring up my heritage, which is irrelevant, it was wrong of me to lash out like that though.

I apologize if i have hurt your feelings in the beginning,but you are right, even i feel frustrated that the discussion are ruined by trolls, every thread gets ruined, it's not just Indian members, when ever there is a thread about Indian development, i see Pakistani and Chinese members posting offensive posts and derailing the entire thread, its not just about Pakistani or Chinese members, there are some Singaporean, Malaysian,Indonesian, Taiwanese who constantly keep derailing the thread.

one thing i have understood is that, this forum is made up of imbeciles and fools, there is no limit to stupidity on this forum, so, you won't see any kind of honest and mature discussion anywhere.it would be better to ignore the fools and utilize our time in engaging with those who make sense.good luck.

Wow, I was just asking and you got offensive all of a sudden.
Happens sometimes I can understand.
The Big difference between the roads here and there is that we have to deal with a lot of traffic.
The amount of distance you quoted for the road is equal to at-least half of the daily commute in metropolitan cities here.
Also roads are of concrete to reduce the amount of maintenance over a period of time.
The cracks you see are mainly seen in places where the annual rainfall is way too high and the traffic is a lot [including the heavy commercial vehicles]
And what do you mean by you stay near the golden quadrilateral?
And just for your information, its easy to maintain a small piece of "track" than a "Major Highway Network".

And why the hell do you have to go and start bad mouthing about others when posed with a simple question. Actually I really liked the road. You seem to have some issues that you really need to deal with.

Drive safe :angel:

That explains the low traffic. Why the hell build the road in the first place then.
I think with Rs.2000 you can pay the toll while travelling from Delhi to Bangalore.

The toll is not 2000Rs, its a toll range. It depends on your vehicle category.

Toll fees are announced for the Southern Expressway

Crack are there because of basic engineering and very poor quality. Not because lot of cars.
Mumbai-pune highway the busiest one in india handles only 30,000 vehicles daily. The SL highway handles 20,000 daily.

every other road barely even has vehicle on it, like the hyderbad ORR, YE. all of them handle less than 10,000 vehicles daily.
The YE handles 7000.

And indians own less cars than SL.
List of countries by vehicles per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lolzzz another Srilankan with stinking mouth . Drop it everyone he's just a troll .
He sees the word India in a post and straight away starts insulting .

Back
Top Bottom