What's new

What it's like Driving in Sri Lanka

ane mai yanna yako.

mai ganda indians la hithernava india keyanne lanka wage keyerla. maybe 500 years wolling lanka wage. :lol:

ane playan ban yanna, eka expressway ekak thiyagena kagaha eka moda wadak ban.

ane playan ban yanna, eka expressway ekak thiyagena kagaha eka moda wadak ban.

they have dont even have 10kms of tarmac that is comparable :lol: why cant I say the truth? it is the truth?

They think their roads are comparable to SL. :rofl:

Just because they don't like to hear it, its still the truth.

mumbai pune expressway has lowest speed limit of 80kmph inside tunnels :rofl:

they have dont even have 10kms of tarmac that is comparable :lol: why cant I say the truth? it is the truth?

They think their roads are comparable to SL. :rofl:

Just because they don't like to hear it, its still the truth.

අනේ, උඔ වගේ ගොනෙක්. :tdown:

This "discussion" is at best, simplistic, but, I digress.

Sinhala, why are you being so dense, mate? The world (including India) is happy to see your country prosper, develop, and break from the shackles of an almost 3 decade-long war. You seem to completely ignore let alone ackowledge the positive comments made by a lot of the posters here, and go all-out expressing your displeasure at mere retaliatory words that (the way I see it) are not meant to hurt. I'm sorry to say, but that's called trolling. You know it, and I know it.

I've travelled on the CKE quite a bit, and yes, it is a nice road to travel on (but a massive pain in the behind to actually get on to from the Colombo-end), but your all-out attack on Indian infrastructure is a bit much, don't you think? We are all in agreement with you about the fact that Sri Lanka drives a bit better than India does, and that the CKE is nicely built for the purpose it is meant to serve, but it seems to me that maybe there's an agenda here, and it's not only here on defence.pk that you seem to go about bad-mouthing your neighbour, but also in the Indian section of skyscrapercity.com (where thankfully, due to that forum's somewhat professional nature, you were compelled to stay civil) with your username - Rajasinha. Heck, you've even modified a few posts by some Indian formers and presented them as your own observations/questions in this thread. Peace

This "discussion" is at best, simplistic, but, I digress.

Sinhala, why are you being so dense, mate? The world (including India) is happy to see your country prosper, develop, and break from the shackles of an almost 3 decade-long war. You seem to completely ignore let alone ackowledge the positive comments made by a lot of the posters here, and go all-out expressing your displeasure at mere retaliatory words that (the way I see it) are not meant to hurt. I'm sorry to say, but that's called trolling. You know it, and I know it.

I've travelled on the CKE quite a bit, and yes, it is a nice road to travel on (but a massive pain in the behind to actually get on to from the Colombo-end), but your all-out attack on Indian infrastructure is a bit much, don't you think? We are all in agreement with you about the fact that Sri Lanka drives a bit better than India does, and that the CKE is nicely built for the purpose it is meant to serve, but it seems to me that maybe there's an agenda here, and it's not only here on defence.pk that you seem to go about bad-mouthing your neighbour, but also in the Indian section of skyscrapercity.com (where thankfully, due to that forum's somewhat professional nature, you were compelled to stay civil) with your username - Rajasinha. Heck, you've even modified a few posts by some Indian formers and presented them as your own observations/questions in this thread. Peace

All I can say in a professional environment I am professional. Neither skyscraper city or certainly not defence.pk comes close to being professional forum. If there is a professional forum I'd like to join it. I simply adapt to the environment.
@Bombaywalla I apologize to you for the unprofessional way I acted on this forum. I regard you as a good friend, I've seen all your pics from your trip to SL, and they are great! Personally I'm an individualist, I don't take any 'pride' any my countries or any other countries 'achievements' I just like having a bit of fun on this forum and others because of the mentality of most people. I get a buzz out of the amount of upheaval I can create by pointing out flaws in state assets, which none of these formers have any stake in whatsoever. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bombaywalla CKE? ....CKE is under construction and about open in this year.

All I can say in a professional environment I am professional. Neither skyscraper city or certainly not defence.pk comes close to being professional forum. If there is a professional forum I'd like to join it. I simply adapt to the environment.

That's why I said "somewhat" professional, but that is not the point of it all, and you know it.

Skyline, I meant 'southern expressway', not CKE. Cheers

@Bombaywalla I apologize to you for the unprofessional way I acted on this forum. I regard you as a good friend, I've seen all your pics from your trip to SL, and they are great! Personally I'm an individualist, I don't take any 'pride' any countries 'achievements' I just like having a bit of fun on this forum and others because of the mentality of most people. I get a buzz out of the amount of upheaval I can create by pointing out flaws in state assets, which none of these formers have any stake in whatsoever. :lol:

@Bombaywalla I apologize to you for the unprofessional way I acted on this forum. I regard you as a good friend, I've seen all your pics from your trip to SL, and they are great!

Well that's good to know, and apology accepted. :)

Personally I'm an individualist, I don't take any 'pride' any countries 'achievements' I just like having a bit of fun on this forum and others because of the mentality of most people. I get a buzz out of the amount of upheaval I can create by pointing out flaws in state assets,

That's all there was to it then, eh?

which none of these formers have any stake in whatsoever. :lol:

You'd be surprised.

Really hate it when people go overboard trying to prove the are better in some way.

Ok @Sinhala as you have started with the stupid thing since your second post on this thread, while we were just saying that the road is good and no one compared it to any other road, stop it already. Don't know what you have against Indians and India in general.

Hope all Sri Lankans are not like you. Otherwise it would be a very unwise decision to go there in the first place.

And we are happy for you as much as you are for yourself for those Hot Wheels Tracks.

We have been dealing with real world highways and motorways for a while, and will be developing them stage by stage with our own money as per our requirement to help each and every citizen to get mobile by not imposing Rs.2000 toll on those roads.

And thank you for your such high amount of concern for Indian Infrastructure and lives of Indian Citizens.

Indians roads are by far the narrowest on the subcontinent, What is your lane width? you know lanes in SL are 3.75 metres? international standard. What is your lane width?
Effect of Lane Width on Capacity under Mixed Traf

:

All that hurr durr, turns out lane width of this 33 Km Sri Lankan super expressway is only 3.5m, yes less than than international standard. Forget about the rest of the lankan roads.

I guess that makes this sri lankan super expressway worthless?

E01 is 3.5m in width for the carriageways and 2.5m for the hard shoulder. Normal standard is 3.75.

What a joke.

@Bombaywalla I could be of benefit to you, I have close connection to Rajapaksa administration. Any indians or anyone giving you trouble with your business? I could have them thrown in jail. Its no problem.

All that hurr durr, turns out lane width of this 33 Km Sri Lankan super expressway is only 3.5m, yes less than than international standard. Forget about the rest of the lankan roads.

I guess that makes this sri lankan super expressway worthless?

What a joke.

Better word for the bold part - Hot Wheels track :enjoy:

Abhi samjha ki pagal logon se thik se baat karke kuch fayada nahi hota. :blah:

Pura time kharab kiya :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom